• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 10-16 | We got new fighting games! And a new Smash Bros!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Real talk, you're a scrub if you're mad at PS setting up the online paywall but you like PS Plus or even already have it. If you didn't like it, then you must be a poor xbot. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I dunno. What does PS+ get you, again? Fill me in. Last I heard, any games you receive through it go away once you let the subscription lapse, but I'll admit I never looked into it much. In any case, I don't really find any value in long-term rentals.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He said it was going to be at the MS conference.

Can't have half truths and "close but no cigar" information. It's either all the truth or you get banned for wrong information. Kagari is now 1/3 but as that person is a mod, he/she will get away scotch free.
Things change last minute. I'm not a fan of Kagari's BSing either (this wouldn't be the first time; also consider she runs a FF fan site) but at the end of the day your always a second hand source so you'll never be 100% accurate.

That said, it is what it is. This E3 is already one of the best in years. New platforms, oodles of games, oodles of new IPs, surprises, a bunch of fails and GIF worthy stuff, pretty good thus far IMO.

Sony > Microsoft = Ubisoft > EA thus far.

He said it was going to be at the MS conference.

Can't have half truths and "close but no cigar" information. It's either all the truth or you get banned for wrong information. Kagari is now 1/3 but as that person is a mod, he/she will get away scotch free.
Sometimes insider information is outdated. Your standard is ridiculous. People in the know should be encouraged to share info, not discouraged.

Dahbomb

There have been fake rumors more accurate than Kagari in the past. People have gotten perma banned for way less. GAF has a strict policy against insider information that doesn't pan out. I mean if you give this much leeway then you are just going to have more random "insiders" spouting fake crap. Cboat was actually smart about the PS online thing and said he couldn't confirm it, that's what you are supposed to do when you weren't 100%.

What should be encouraged is accountability for your posts. Also if FFXV isn't exclusive at least 2 people will be perma banned for sure. Those people essentially swore their accounts on it.

kirblar

There have been fake rumors more accurate than Kagari in the past. People have gotten perma banned for way less. GAF has a strict policy against insider information that doesn't pan out. I mean if you give this much leeway then you are just going to have more random "insiders" spouting fake crap. Cboat was actually smart about the PS online thing and said he couldn't confirm it, that's what you are supposed to do when you weren't 100%.

What should be encouraged is accountability for your posts. Also if FFXV isn't exclusive at least 2 people will be perma banned for sure. Those people essentially swore their accounts on it.
They announced exclusivity at the Sony event, I thought? KH3 is definitely not exclusive though.

CBOAT was still what, 90-95% accurate on his list? And you want him banned because a couple things on his list didn't pan out?

Damn, who shat in your cereal this morning?

The Light

Not bothered by ps+ being mandatory online. Most of my games I have come from ps+. Besides that its no added cost for me since I already have it.
Edit*
I thought versus XIII was originally exclusive? Wonder what made them change it to the MMO.

jbug617

Banned
So I heard something about a fightstick during Killer Instinct? Markman pls? and ps4 ps4 ps4 ps4.

I don't Madcatz is going to announce a PS4 fightstick till there is a fighting game on PS4.

Here is the stick btw

BMdSKN0CcAIfmkd.jpg

Dahbomb you should totally go to the mods and demand CBOAT's head on a pike. I bet they'll totally listen to you and not someone who has had a near flawless record when it comes to leaks. You got this.
So I heard something about a fightstick during Killer Instinct? Markman pls? and ps4 ps4 ps4 ps4.
Markman'll be lucky to reach triple digits for Xbone fightsticks.

Fchamp says marvel patch is coming, dawg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
But seriously, I haven't seen a beat down this bad since my mom beat my dad's ass. Sony couldn't have had a better conference and day.

Yup,

"Killer Instinct is a day-one digital-only release on Xbox One, and features -- get this -- one character. Jago is free to play on launch day. Everyone else -- unspecified returning characters as well as original fighters -- will cost money. Price is to-be-determined"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/killer-instinct-is-a-fun-free-to-play-xbox-one-launch-game

From the Killer Instinct thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581301

F2P Game, Jago only.

vocab

KI another F2p fighter? Man FG's trying to strike gold. There's bound to be some disasters on the way to find it though.

Wow totally missed the memo about Double Helix games, I thought it was being done by Rare. Not exactly a great portfolio of titles.

I wonder how many tournaments will buy xbox ones, pay for gold on all of them, make sure the xbox can check in at the end of the day, and buy all the characters. Maybe all the TOs were getting those checks to save up for the return of Killer Instinct.

Wow totally missed the memo about Double Helix games, I thought it was being done by Rare. Not exactly a great portfolio of titles.

I wonder how many tournaments will buy xbox ones, pay for gold on all of them, make sure the xbox can check in at the end of the day, and buy all the characters. Maybe all the TOs were getting those checks to save up for the return of Killer Instinct.

With all of the complaints about venue internet, I highly doubt any TO worth their salt will go through the headache of using an Xbone.

EDIT: Still laughing my ass off @ the F2P Killer Instinct. Fuckin' JAGO? Seriously? I didn't even like using his ass in the NORMAL versions of the game.

With all of the complaints about venue internet, I highly doubt any TO worth their salt will go through the headache of using an Xbone.

EDIT: Still laughing my ass off @ the F2P Killer Instinct. Fuckin' JAGO? Seriously? I didn't even like using his ass in the NORMAL versions of the game.

Theoretically couldn't you just plug and unplug the xboxes one at a time into an ethernet port at the beginning of the day to un-brick them? Presumably at 9am while Injustice finals are running. Though presumably that means you're running an account that's attached to the individual console on each xbox or you'll need to have it plugged in the whole time.

Yeah, Jago was never popular.

Theoretically couldn't you just plug and unplug the xboxes one at a time into an ethernet port at the beginning of the day to un-brick them? Presumably at 9am while Injustice finals are running. Though presumably that means you're running an account that's attached to the individual console on each xbox or you'll need to have it plugged in the whole time.
Don't forget needing to set up Kinect for every system.

Yeah, Jago was never popular.

Don't forget needing to set up Kinect for every system.

Damn I forgot about the Kinect. I hope TOs forgetting to turn off voice commands leads to some tournament highlights, like someone from the crowd yelling "PICK JAGO" and the xbox actually does it. I know the IR in the Kinect is crucial for how the wireless controllers work, but does it need to be workable for wired controllers to function properly? Trying to set up a "kinect-safe" area for the players to play in sounds like a total drag.

KI is the truth. I'm mad impressed.

Makes all the BS regarding the console exclusivity, the console it's exclusive to, and this supposed questionable f2p model more upsetting.

I really don't want a good fighting game to come out, die due to factors outside its gameplay, and kill the franchise for good/discourage additional western fighting games or first time fighting game devs.

LordJim

It's amazing how microsoft has given publishers and developers a marketing guideline for the entire next generation.
'We will not do this silly shit' will be enough in most cases.

At least, I do hope Capcom, Namco and such will not adopt this model to that extent

Top Bottom