• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

Kimosabae

Banned
People should look at their posts sometimes and see how many negative posts they have on here (ie. hating on something, complaining about something) vs something positive.

I've said it time and time again that people take my posts way too damned seriously - but that's just how nerds are. They're really sensitive to stupid shit. Anyone with half a brain and a sense of pride should be able to look at those posts and see that they're so outrageous that they're meant to be at least somewhat humorous. Yeah, I think Shenmue fucking sucks, but do you really think I don't want fans to get a sequel? What good would that do me? I'll just ignore it like all the other things that people like that I don't like, just like every other non-crazy person.

Some of ya'll egos are more collapsable than Cammy's bottom, I swear. But keep dismissing my posts as "negative" and I'll keep dismissing people as idiots. It's fine. Apparently, the only posts that can be construed as "positive" are anything showcasing the unbridled enthusiasm of a 5 year old that fans can trust.

Dahbomb

I've said it time and time again that people take my posts way too damned seriously - but that's just how nerds are. They're really sensitive to stupid shit. Anyone with half a brain and a sense of pride should be able to look at those posts and see that they're so outrageous that they're meant to be at least somewhat humorous. Yeah, I think Shenmue fucking sucks, but do you really think I don't want fans to get a sequel? What good would that do me? I'll just ignore it like all the other things that people like that I don't like, just like every other non-crazy person.

Some of ya'll egos are more collapsable than Cammy's bottom, I swear. But keep dismissing my posts as "negative" and I'll keep dismissing people as idiots. It's fine. Apparently, the only posts that can be construed as "positive" are anything showcasing the unbridled enthusiasm of a 5 year old that fans can trust.
I wasn't talking about you specifically. I was talking about users on GAF in general, not just FGW ie. the Derricks.

I don't give a fuck if you hate Shenmue, TLG, FFVII etc or whatever is hype these days.

The fact that you took the post to be directed at you means that you probably think you are a bit too negative yourself!

kitzkozan

There's a big difference between being skeptical about everything and not liking anything (ie. Derrick) vs being skeptical when actually called for it.

You know I am skeptical about a lot of stuff but I can get hyped too (and still enjoy a lot of games). Quite a few users on GAF are basically a new tier of Derrick where whenever they post it's like you know something negative is going to come out of their post.

People should look at their posts sometimes and see how many negative posts they have on here (ie. hating on something, complaining about something) vs something positive.

Holy shit, I had forgotten about Derrick hahaha. Now that guy was whack, but the same applied to another annoying poster by the name of Mileena (with her "lovely" face has his avatar who kept shitting all over Virtual Fighter and most FG over and over again) who's been permabanned as well.

Skepticism is a good thing, especially when you observe tendencies which can lead you to be negative about an upcoming product. I think this is the case for games like Shenmue 3 or TLG. I never saw the greatness in the Shenmue franchise and it is the template for the "cinematic experience" which we see in many game today. TLG development is so troubled that I don't know if it's going to be good (if it's released in 2016, it will mean about 9 years of development for what should be a 10 hours experience which is insane). Let's look at another game which can be used as a reference such as Duke Nukem forever. :p

I was also in doubt regarding Street Fighter V given the last few years of disappointment from Capcom (and Ono as a director does nothing for me) and seeing them lose way too much talent. That being said, it does look like it's shaping up to be a good FG worthy of being an headliner and it seems Combofiend (and perhaps Haunts as well) is working on it as a developer? It could explain why it already hold more potential than IV has a competitive game.

BadWolf

I was also in doubt regarding Street Fighter V given the last few years of disappointment from Capcom (and Ono as a director does nothing for me) and seeing them lose way too much talent. That being said, it does look like it's shaping up to be a good FG worthy of being an headliner and it seems Combofiend (and perhaps Haunts as well) is working on it as a developer? It could explain why it already hold more potential than IV has a competitive game.

That's giving them way too much credit imo.

It'd be nice if Capcom ran a long beta for SFV: give the community a month or so on PS4 and two weeks or so on PC to pick the game apart.

We'll probably only get a week, though. :(

Kimosabae

Banned
I wasn't talking about you specifically. I was talking about users on GAF in general, not just FGW ie. the Derricks.

I don't give a fuck if you hate Shenmue, TLG, FFVII etc or whatever is hype these days.

The fact that you took the post to be directed at you means that you probably think you are a bit too negative yourself!

Just because you stated you weren't thinking of me "specifically" doesn't imply you weren't thinking of me at all (in fact, it directly states the opposite).

While I, truly, wasn't thinking of you "specifically". Seems like any time I make post criticizing anything there's 3-4 posts to the tune of "Awww shiiit. Kimo's black and angry again".

Had to make a post about Cammy's face to soften the blow.

Coda

Just pre-ordered via the Playstation Store. Pre-order theme is pretty ass but that's to be expected at this point.

Adding Karin without Sakura. Good luck with that.

dlc a year from release

U9Rkvez.gif

kitzkozan

That's giving them way too much credit imo.

You think? Haunts kept saying over and over again how fun it is for a FG to have very high level of damage and that his biggest problem with SFIV was the severe damage scaling (his favorite version of IV being vanilla because of the damage output) before being hired by Capcom. We don't know how they are operating with this game, but it's speculation that make sense. :p

BadWolf

You think? Haunts kept saying over and over again how fun it is for a FG to have very high level of damage and that his biggest problem with SFIV was the severe damage scaling (his favorite version of IV being vanilla because of the damage output) before being hired by Capcom. We don't know how they are operating with this game, but it's speculation that make sense. :p

Nah, Ono/Dimps are just aiming for a more rush down based game in general. The tools the characters have, the damage output, damage on block etc. all seem to be designed with that goal in mind.

Dahbomb

It just seems like they are taking the feedback from the fans from all that time working on SF4. A lot of the changes are simply more widely requested things that fans/players have wanted.

Imm0rt4l

To be fair you seem to take yourself seriously and have a propensity for getting your jimmies rustled. That's why you're the angry black guy in fgw afterall.

petghost

Banned
It just seems like they are taking the feedback from the fans from all that time working on SF4. A lot of the changes are simply more widely requested things that fans/players have wanted.

Not to mention changing stuff due to negative reaction to earlier builds

Kimosabae

Banned
To be fair you seem to take yourself seriously and have a propensity for getting your jimmies rustled. That's why you're the angry black guy in fgw afterall.

You can believe whatever you want (and you will), just don't fool yourself into think you're being "fair" in regards to anything but a primal concern for neatly and simply categorizing people via their forum posts.

*shrug*

Dahbomb

And Amiibos. A whole Animal Crossing Amiibo game :/
The fans have no one to blame themselves.

The fuck they thought was gonna happen when they kept buying all those Amiibos? They thought Nintendo was going to make more games in their beloved franchises?

LMAO! No you will get more Amiibos and you will buy it like the dirty little sheep you are.

I said "kinda" because I can't get over that Yoshi game
That was announced last year... LAST YEAR.

Skab

Here's the times for SF5 today

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 (Stream starts 12pm~6pm)

12pm~1pm: Single Elimination Tournament
1pm ~2pm: ComboFiend Kumite
2pm~3pm: [Stream] ComboFiend Character Demos/Pre-Exhibition Show
2pm~3pm: [Stage] Ono-san Signing Session
3pm~6pm: Pro Exhibition: Team Tournament

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
And Amiibos. A whole Animal Crossing Amiibo game :/

As a business perspective its sound, its making them money. Kinda sucks though ;_;

I blame Rubin for being so vocal on Nintendo going mobile and on its a crime for Mario games not being on iOS/Android devices.

vulva

STREET FIGHTER 5 AT E3
Just a reminder, I will be attending E3 and will be trying to spend extensive time with the game. If there's anything anyone wants me to test or ask please PM me and I'll do my best to find out the answers to your inquiries.

Heading over in a bit, so yeah hit me up in case you had any new questions and haven't PM'd me yet :)

Top Bottom