• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

Sayah

No SoulCalibur announcement I guess? So much for that.

Nintendo conference sucked bad. It's kind of sad when all you have to show is Mario Maker 20 different times and announce to fans to dust off their GameCubes for a new Star Fox.

petghost

Banned

Nintendo conference sucked bad. It's kind of sad when all you have to show is Mario Maker 20 different times and announce to fans to dust off their GameCubes for a new Star Fox.

Weird I thought harada said he had a bunch of stuff to show this year.

Sayah

Weird I thought harada said he had a bunch of stuff to show this year.

Never follow Harada hype. It's usually nothing, lol.

After the poll, all the hints, and even that one dude from this website suggesting a SoulCalibur announcement, though, I was really expecting it. Oh well.

Swarna

I'm pretty sure the PS4 version has more players at the moment since it's a new release.

You can clearly see how many players are playing the PC version at any given time here. It usually averages over 1000 concurrent players and probably isn't declining any time soon.

Edit: YO SF5 UP ON STEAM

nvm on 75% off

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FGW | The little Birdies were right

Birdie announcement + all those insiders, Ken Bogard and the ones for FFVII and TLG, being right

Replace little with big if you want.

There might be stuff yet, or there is always TGS for Tekken and SC news.

My hunch is that Tekken will go out the door well before the SC6 hype train begins, though.

BTW I vote for any joke that mixes Birdie and the Nintendo video being below par. ;)

alstein

SF4 is the daily today- and it's only 50%, and 0% for the latest DLC, which has never been on sale.

Kinda weaksauce as a deal.

Sayah

There might be stuff yet, or there is always TGS for Tekken and SC news.

My hunch is that Tekken will go out the door well before the SC6 hype train begins, though.

BTW I vote for any joke that mixes Birdie and the Nintendo video being below par. ;)

Not necessarily. SCV released while TTT2 was in arcades.

The mystery Namco game isn't until tomorrow at 12:20 PDT.

So on Steam, the Ultra SF4 doesnt come with all those costumes? I gotta pick up the costume pack to get all of those?

edit: Looks like there is a fuckload of costumes. the AE costume pack is on sale, but the other stuff isnt.

Swarna

So on Steam, the Ultra SF4 doesnt come with all those costumes? I gotta pick up the costume pack to get all of those?

edit: Looks like there is a fuckload of costumes. the AE costume pack is on sale, but the other stuff isnt.

Depends. If you're buying SF4 for the first time the Ultra version already comes with all the costumes up to AE version so you don't need to buy the pack that's on sale at the moment. If you're upgrading from AE to Ultra, the upgrade doesn't come with them. Vacation and wild costumes have to be bought separately in any case.

Skab

Peter Rosas ‏@TheComboFiend
A taste of our Street Fighter stage.

CHo8dv_WoAE_XnU.jpg:large

Depends. If you're buying SF4 for the first time the Ultra version already comes with all the costumes up to AE version so you don't need to buy the pack that's on sale at the moment. If you're upgrading from AE to Ultra, the upgrade doesn't come with them. Vacation and wild costumes have to be bought separately in any case.

Ok, nice perfect! Thanks.

Im buying it fresh, I had it on 360 (normal and super). But I wanted to pick it up on PC.

Dahbomb

For the first time in god knows how long, SE delivers more than Capcom...

I can't shit on SE anymore unfortunately. One of my favorite companies to hate.

Onemic

OOOOOOH. Still hope left.

Wut?

It does. In terms of textures and models they look like a PS3 title(especially some of the enemies). If I were to summarize how it looks, it would be like a PS3 game with PS4 lighting/effects slapped on. Same with Star Ocean.(Though Star Ocean looked worse)

Azure J

That Nintendo conference was all kinds of struggle. You could tell they were hurting from both needing to transition to bigger (and hopefully better) things with their next generation efforts and from having so much shit already known prior for far too long (how many times is X going to make an appearance in these things when an entire section of the world knows what's good with it? Also Yoshi). No Splatoon level surprises to take the edge off of that bitter pill also worked hard against them, especially in an E3 where Sony pulls the mythical three headed hydra out of the bottom of Loch Ness.

StarFox looks rad though, and the Platinum confirmation has me confident that it's going to deliver on the spectacle and game play mechanics in spades. Still need more stylish action and still need more Takamaru though. Maybe Kamiya will get to direct a Mysterious Murasame Castle title after all if P*'s already gotten Star Fox out of his two "most wanted Nintendo franchise developments".

But yeah, fighting games. When's Revelator? I've been dabbling in Xrd again getting ready for it.

Sayah

Square Enix definitely best third party showing this year. Rise of the Tomb Raider, new Hitman, Kingdom Hearts 3, Nier 2. Yep.

Namco might take 2nd place for me if they show SoulCalibur 6 tomorrow. They already got my hype up with Dark Souls 3.

EA is also doing a stunning job with Need for Speed.

It does. In terms of textures and models they look like a PS3 title(especially some of the enemies). If I were to summarize how it looks, it would be like a PS3 game with PS4 lighting/effects slapped on. Same with Star Ocean.(Though Star Ocean looked worse)

I think it looks really great but to each his own.

Top Bottom