• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

Bison.
No PC but SC(no knockdown)
RIP Roundhouse and Walkspeed
Standing Fierce the new Roundhouse?
Devil Reverse is quick.
Effing V Trigger Teleport Devil's Reverse?!

His normals don't look good but his specials do.
Burst damage character?
Cancel headstomp into CA?!

Dahbomb

Fat character fighting game trope

*Weighs way too much.

*Favorite things: Food and beer. Wow much originality.

*Giant exposed belly to really hammer in the fact that he's fat (in case you missed the 500 lbs stat) and needs to hold up his pants so they don't drop.

*Is a disgusting slob of a character that throws boggers at you.

*Eats food and throws food as game play mechanic.

Absolutely disgusting. Thank god I am not fat and don't have to be put in the same bracket as Birdie. Even worse than having your nationality be represented by Dee Jay.

Capcom basically saying that black British people look like that.

Half joking on some of these so need to bring the fat defense.

Rhapsody

Banned
So looks like attacking doesn't reward meter for the V Gauge. Besides getting hit, blocking does give it, so that's a good way rewarding defense.

Block more, start offense with V Trigger or V Reversal your way out.

jerry1594

*Weighs way too much.

*Giant exposed belly to really hammer in the fact that he's fat (in case you missed the 500 lbs stat) and needs to hold up his pants so they don't drop.

Absolutely disgusting. Thank god I am not fat and don't have to be put in the same bracket as Birdie. Even worse than having your nationality be represented by Dee Jay.

Bro...
colorswap.php

Do agree that this trope is pretty shit though

*Weighs way too much.

Well it is Stereotype Fighter. It made sense with Rufus since he's American.

Malice215

There's dozens of characters that they could have added to the game at this point instead of bringing back Birdie. The only thing he's fighting is diabetes. Ain't no 7'1 500+ lb fat guy fighting in these streets.

I'm dying to see Capcom cash in on the nostalgia of the series, but other than that, the game looks good. Character select screen is really sexy. Music and sound direction is ass though.

Dahbomb

Stun is kinda extreme in this game. Get stunned after two combos in a game that has good damage. Probably needs some tweaking on that front.

NEO0MJ

There's dozens of characters that they could have added to the game at this point instead of bringing back Birdie. The only thing he's fighting is diabetes. Ain't no 7'1 500+ lb fat guy fighting in these streets.

No one wanted him, but I like the choice, even if I'm not 100% on his redesign. A few characters out of left field is always fun to see and surprising.

Wait until July 7th and spend that $15 on Yatagarasu

Too anime.

Imm0rt4l

*Weighs way too much.

Meanwhile E. Honda has a six pack

Love that JChen and UltraDavid are going in so hard on SFIV. It's like people are finally being honest about they feel.

Game looks good, but kind of simple compared to IV. It feels like Bison is my main so far. I like that you turtle/poke with him until V bar is built, then you go ham.

Too bad Skilletor won't buy it since 360 inputs and 1-frame links are gone. Kappa.

Weirded out by Twitch chat complaining that Cammy's boobs are too big.

shaowebb

I normally don't play heavy characters/grapplers, but I might just main rick ross birdie for SFV

I honestly love the crude biker thing being done like this. He never really felt as gritty as his theme needed in Alpha for me. I like his new walk and mannerisms. In a game of human caricatures why be the guy who only went halfway? Beer gut, slob, crude and a jerk. It fits his them so much better as a punk biker than someone who puts a lot of work in at the gym trying to get as perfectly cut as possible. Strong but lazy about it fits the character theme better in my eyes.

I know folks were talking earlier about his fatguy thing but I don't feel it was so much a "fatguy" jab choice as a "crude biker" choice to do this to the character. This kind of thing fits the punk gang biker aesthetic he had better than all those muscles and it gives him some real personality in his body language now. He actually feels like a fully fleshed out idea now in this form compared to his Alpha and OG SF origins to me.

mbpm1

Done with the stream for now. I'm really digging Birdie, wasn't sure about him at first.

Everyone looks pretty good. It looks really simple at first though.

Seyavesh

I honestly love the crude biker thing being done like this. He never really felt as gritty as his theme needed in Alpha for me. I like his new walk and mannerisms. In a game of human caricatures why be the guy who only went halfway? Beer gut, slob, crude and a jerk. It fits his them so much better as a punk biker than someone who puts a lot of work in at the gym trying to get as perfectly cut as possible.

where did you get that he was a biker or that he was a slob from his alpha animations

genuinely curious b/c he's very clearly got a 'street thug' theme to him, down to his stages/theme and he's got several animations are dedicated to him grooming himself
nROiX93.gif
DUTEqwu.gif

like, his theme doesn't really have any kind of 'biker' feel to it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39r1gpvol0g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhfaNBHoJW4

shaowebb

where did you get that he was a biker or that he was a slob from his alpha animations

genuinely curious b/c he's very clearly got a 'street thug' theme to him, down to his stages/theme and he's got several animations are dedicated to him grooming himself
nROiX93.gif
DUTEqwu.gif

Yeah...he has the 80's biker gang look. It was kind of a synonymous look back then. Biker gang, street gang...both wore the same stuff. My question is how did some folks never get that vibe? I mean he even had the classic biker chain weapon and leather biker pants. Weird tats? Fucked up facial hair? Skulls? Leather vest?Fingerless gloves? All a part of that aesthetic.

Top Bottom