• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

Some good battling last night.

Highlight match: HeebyGB(Dudley) vs BakedYams(Zangief)

Omega Seth vortex lol
yExW2P.gif

Classic Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Mariah mixup:
vWwd4A.gif

Yams-specific mixup:
yDa5oa.gif

GGs everybody!

Guess its more of the figures, anime pillows, silk t-shirts, art work and all the merchandise associated with Anime that I don't get.

Yeah I watch the shit out of pretty much all sorts of anime at times (since I either binge watch or not at all) but I wouldn't want the clutter at home. I do think something like Fate/Zero looks crazy good like it cost all the money but eh... just looking at some pictures and wallpapers on the Internet occasionally is good enough for me.

also Excel Saga because fuck things

yo wtf is up with people and their obsession with movies? Like I was watching Son of the Mask the other day and like seriously?? Is this the type of shit people do with their free time??? Movies are just so bad idk why anybody would watch them.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";167052367]Some good battling last night.

Omega Seth vortex lol
yExW2P.gif

GGs everybody![/QUOTE]

That Omega Seth body splash blows up anti-air normals, crouch techs, some reversals, and crosses up.

Dai101

Banned
yo wtf is up with people and their obsession with movies? Like I was watching Son of the Mask the other day and like seriously?? Is this the type of shit people do with their free time??? Movies are just so bad idk why anybody would watch them.

Not every movie is son of the mask.

That Omega Seth body splash blows up anti-air normals, crouch techs, some reversals, and crosses up.

The trick to beating Omega Seth is mashing quick stand since he only gets a mixup after short tackle. I think he's even minus after a throw. Once you get hit by short tackle in the corner, though...

About KBrad: Losing your wallet with all your shit in it sucks but that isn't a "life-over" type of emergency. Hope things turn out ok for him though.

Joy2Key? PITA? Not sure what those mean but this is not encouraging to hear overall

I mean your not wrong about current trends but that doesn't change the fact that A) the vast majority of any medium has been and always will be shit and B) its still VERY easy to find good shows but most people who say "anime was a mistake" and mean it seriously simply refuse to make the effort to educate themselves. Granted, there is no requirement one has to give two shits about anime or any other medium. But, and this also applies to subjects way more important than fucking Japanese cartoons, I wish people could admit more often when they don't know what they are talking about.

I'm not talking about the genre as it is right now, but anime as a whole (and with a lot of generic moe blob animes failing in terms of sales, companies are trying out new experimental stuff like that...first person...boy pillow talk anime..). There's still a lot of good stuff that's being made right now, like (hopefully) that Legend of the Galactic Heroes remake. Lumping Serial Experiments Lain with some shit like Ro Kyu Bu makes me heated.

PERSONNNNAAAAA LET'S GO AWAY

Even though I don't really like to self-identify as an otaku or whatever, anime and manga are probably my most-consumed sources of media in the last 10 or so years, but it just feels like there are fewer shows coming out every year that I'm interested in watching and from a demographics perspective I don't really matter at all to the people producing this content. Even though Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell: SAC are probably my two favorite pieces of media, there could be a dozen people with the same opinion but we'd collectively matter less than one otaku super-whale that buys every piece of merchandising for their favorite moe character. Honestly speaking I don't have any problem with fanservice in anime (or fanservice anime as a whole), it's just that nowadays it's done with such cynicism and an undercurrent of contempt for the audience that I can't really stomach it or try to defend it.

It's super reductive and unfair to say anime is all fanservice trash, yes, but at the same time people who say that anime was a mistake and it's nothing but trash have legitimate grievances too.

alstein

I feel pretty much like the genre has left me behind. I'm more washed up with anime than I am with anime fighters.

I still buy the occasional manga, but that's it these days.

I have 3.3K PP on XBL in USF4. I'm done, I can retire, I don't want to touch ranked ever again.

I went into unranked, entered a lobby, beat both the players and perfected a Dhalsim...

I'm ending on a high note. I'm done with USF4 online. :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just finished building my first.

p3oJauGGaibvLCyCVPzhyxKs7yFjE4U130S44Dnv5VE=w628-h1115-no

RG RX-78-2.

Respect the O.G.
giphy.gif

A few bombs this week huh

Where are the fighting games ones

capcom pls

namco pls
Yeah I'm buying into the E3 hype now. Bombs going off everywhere, and still some unannounced ones to go, and I'm getting hype for games I didn't have on my radar a week ago (Arkham Knight, MGS V).

Shame the Marvel game ended up being a rather crummy looking LEGO title though :(

Top Bottom