• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 9-15 | Q Bomb is Top Tier

Dahbomb

;_;

Seriously though the only things listed for their E3 live stream are:
-Dead Rising 3 PC (Cool, I'm excited)
-Dead Rising 3 DLC
-USF4
-Monster Hunter 4 U
-Virtual Console games
-Ace Attorney Trilogy

What happened Capcom? :/
No mention of any unannounced game?

I find that really hard to believe.

Those 2 new Mk guys look cool. I still have problems with the animation. Looks slightly better, but only that, in that regard.

Plus it doesn't look very next gen. Cross gen holding them back, hehe.

And yes, big guy moving like Grundy, haha.

It didn't use to be like this.. hell Capcom at least had Dead Rising 3 and Deep Down at last year's E3.

Another E3... another disappointing Japanese showing.

I keep hearing people say "They are saving it for TGS!"

Who saves anything for TGS? Nobody is showing anything at TGS.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I keep hearing people say "They are saving it for TGS!"

Who saves anything for TGS? Nobody is showing anything at TGS.
TGS hasn't been an important platform in years lol

I would say Capcom is saving announcements for their own events or some quieter events so that they don't get caught in the E3 megapublisher vortex, but I'm increasingly believing that they're just not ready. No SFV greenlit = nothing else getting greenlit, especially considering smaller budget titles aren't doing as well for them anymore in the fighting game space.

Pack it up.

Well Capcom revealed DmC at TGS first time. It's not impossible just far less likely.

Yeah but that was like 2010 or something wasn't it?

TGS used to be the shit, but if anything good comes out of it this year it'll be the biggest comeback since Charlton Athletic beat Huddersfield in 1957. And I think we all remember how big of a deal that was.

Salex_

I don't get it. They showed MKX at their conference but not GG Xrd, the game that's exclusive to their platforms and coming this fall.

Sony, WTF?

Dahbomb

TGS hasn't been an important platform in years lol

I would say Capcom is saving announcements for their own events or some quieter events so that they don't get caught in the E3 megapublisher vortex, but I'm increasingly believing that they're just not ready. No SFV greenlit = nothing else getting greenlit, especially considering smaller budget titles aren't doing as well for them anymore in the fighting game space.

Pack it up.
LOL...

What other events? Capcom doesn't have their own events any more.. all they got aside E3 is stuff like SDCC, Gamescom and TGS.

You think they are going to unveil a new DMC/RE game at a fucking SDCC? What about a new Resident Evil game? Why wait until TGS to unveil a new RE game when almost all RE games were unveiled first at E3s?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LOL...

What other events? Capcom doesn't have their own events any more.. all they got aside E3 is stuff like SDCC, Gamescom and TGS.

You think they are going to unveil a new DMC/RE game at a fucking SDCC? What about a new Resident Evil game? Why wait until TGS to unveil a new RE game when almost all RE games were unveiled first at E3s?
I'm talking fighting games specifically, that's what I mean, and that's what Capcom has said.

I don't expect either DMC or RE anytime soon, but I guess they have to be sometime soon. Capcom doesn't have much coming in the near future it seems.

I don't understand why you think they would? GG is an incredibly niche title.
Hey dude, are you willing to do next week's spotlight?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Harada pls

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/476211212095459328

Harada_TEKKEN · @Harada_TEKKEN

10th Jun 2014

Yes! Keep disappoint! E3 is great show! But E3 is not everything for fighting game community.
See you another event ;)
RT@ICEYOU44 So no Tekken Announcements at E3 at all?? Where is Tekken 7? it's been years since T6 came out! Very Disappointed!

Harada with that truth :(

TekkenxSF/ 7 confirmed at Evo

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I have so many copies of this game but

o1cWnOp.jpg

hard to argue with that price

Tik-Tok

I'm talking fighting games specifically, that's what I mean, and that's what Capcom has said.

I don't expect either DMC or RE anytime soon, but I guess they have to be sometime soon. Capcom doesn't have much coming in the near future it seems.

Hey dude, are you willing to do next week's spotlight?

Yeah for sure.

ismk

Poor Aqua was being trolled so hard that he couldn't concentrate on his match against Smug. Nonetheless, great matches by both players

Kumubou

Xrd didn't show up because the game's not big enough to get the attention like the big publishers, and yet it's too big to be a hip indie game. RIP mid-tier games.

Salex_

I don't understand why you think they would? GG is an incredibly niche title.

Well yeah, but it doesn't take more than 2 minutes to acknowledge a game that's coming out this fall. There's only a handful of retail exclusives coming out for the rest of the year.

GG was even one of the playable games at their booth. It seems messed up to completely ignore the game on the big stage IMO, especially when much smaller games were shown there.
Xrd didn't show up because the game's not big enough to get the attention like the big publishers, and yet it's too big to be a hip indie game. RIP mid-tier games.
haha. This is probably right.

Top Bottom