• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 9-15 | Q Bomb is Top Tier

I agree we shouldn't ignore markman, but why is the idea of a ps4 exclusive port so ridiculous? There's already a fighting game port on PS4 that the xbone doesn't have. It's Injustice.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If there is USF4 on next gen, I really do wonder what they'll use for exclusive next-gen content. Ultra is already everything and the kitchen sink. I mean, I would totally be fine with like next-gen colours or shaders or something (much like the pre-order/PC versions got), but I don't see them making new stages/characters. Doesn't fit with the whole idea of creating as little new assets as possible.

I agree we shouldn't ignore markman, but why is the idea of a ps4 exclusive port so ridiculous? There's already a fighting game port on PS4 that the xbone doesn't have. It's Injustice.
Money better spent elsewhere. To summarize my argument, I put very little faith in a port of a multiplatform fighting game as some sort of bargaining chip. It doesn't make sense, and I really think sales expectations would be very low (lower than I'd imagine they are already for Ultra). On top of that, if it comes out anywhere else besides August, I don't think they have the luxury of the early-next-gen drought to help sales.

But it's already out/coming to current consoles. You framed your argument as Injustice being an exclusive bargaining chip to attract people to the PS4 over the X1 right? Why would a port of a current gen title convince people to go one way or another, and especially for a game that, realistically, most of the fanbase isn't buying again because they've bought it at least once or twice already, or are currently offered more affordable options? Stop thinking about just the hardcore. KI was also poised as a launch title to drive early adoption; we're not at that stage anymore.

At this point, why not create Bloody Roar? Why not push GG Xrd? You don't buy exclusives of ports unless they're going to sell gangbusters out the gate, which is not happening with Injustice. Sony would be better to either invest their money in exclusive, new experiences than old ones, and that's what's traditionally the case when it comes to "buying" exclusives. Ponying up for SF5 exclusivity makes much more sense.

To be very clear, I think there is a good chance that Injustice will come to next gen platforms. It makes sense for TOs and maybe even NRS because they're stretching Injustice as wide as they can. And I would buy it should I ever pick up a PS4/X1. I however don't think that ignoring MarkMan telling y'all to not get your hopes up and ignoring the existence of an X1 stick (that is probably exclusively branded to KI) in favour of some ambiguous/typically trollish pictures and a very general ad that would not have been teased a year in advance of something as utterly insignificant as a PS4 port of a multiplatform game gives reason for it being a possibility (and furthermore, an exclusive at that). It's shitty reasoning, straight up and down.

It is all about a USF4 port being shit cheap. Turn it around, why wouldn't Sony do it? I do expect it to be basically the PC version with Online Battle changed to PSN Battle or whatever it is. I wouldn't expect any other new content and I'd also expect it to come to the xbox one at some point too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It is all about a USF4 port being shit cheap. Turn it around, why wouldn't Sony do it? I do expect it to be basically the PC version with Online Battle changed to PSN Battle or whatever it is. I wouldn't expect any other new content.
Replacing USFIV with Injustice doesn't work because of the specific arguments I used about novelty and the base game being out for considerably longer than Injustice was.

I suppose if it's that cheap, they might as well go do it. I don't take Sony as the company with money to throw around, and I don't believe Injustice was moneyhatted either. I just think Injustice GOTY didn't that much time in the oven and the power/RAM freedom PS4 had over the X1 made for the easiest port in the least amount of time, especially considering early dev kit woes that were widely reported for the X1.

mr. puppy

Banned
Yeah, a lot better, and they gave T. Hawk a gun.

he is? How? I really cant figure out how his changelog effects him:
1 Close standing light kick is now special, focus, red focus and super cancellable.
2 Far standing medium punch hurtbox increased. Hurtbox now appears in front of him from the first frame.
3 Far standing medium kick is now -3 frames on hit, instead of -7 frames. -7 frames on block, instead of -10 frames.
4 Angled jump heavy punch hurtbox slightly increased.
5 Light Spinning Piledriver range changed to 1.70 from 1.75.
6 Light Banishing Flat now has 8 frames startup instead of 11 frames. Hit advantage is now -3 frames instead of -5 frames. It is now -8 frames on block instead of -7 frames.
7 Medium Banishing Flat now has 11 frame startup instead of 13 frames. It is now -6 on block instead of -8.
8 Heavy Banishing Flat now has 14 frames startup instead of 16 frames. it is now -6 on hit instead of -7, and -7 on block instead of -9.

Dahbomb

You have to be pretty naive to think Sony didn't money hat Injustice. NRS loves to port games to as many consoles as possible. No way they would've missed out on porting to Xbox One.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You have to be pretty naive to think Sony didn't money hat Injustice. NRS loves to port games to as many consoles as possible. No way they would've missed out on porting to Xbox One.
Did you read my reason for exclusivity? I would say it's more informed than naive. Non-simultaneous releases would hurt the brand too (we've seen a lot of this over the past few years, and in this genre specifically as well). Better to say fuck it and move on to the next project, especially when you prioritize a console that is expected to smoke the competition early on in the gen.

Replacing USFIV with Injustice doesn't work because of the specific arguments I used about novelty and the base game being out for considerably longer than Injustice was.

That works both ways though. It also makes any money hat significantly cheaper.

It is all relative, because I'm sure neither Sony or Microsoft particularly gives a shit about fighting games. But "Street Fighter only on PS4" would still be worth a fair bit, even if it is just timed.

1 Light Banishing Flat now has 8 frames startup instead of 11 frames. Hit advantage is now -2 frames instead of -5 frames.

Fixed. & That + Red Focus Cancel allowing hit confirms & wiff punishing into Ultra.

It is all relative, because I'm sure neither Sony or Microsoft particularly gives a shit about fighting games. But "Street Fighter only on PS4" would still be worth a fair bit, even if it is just timed.
I don't agree on that penultimate sentence. Both Sony and Microsoft have created first party fighting games within the last couple of years. That is worth something. You don't see them making RPGs, for example. Now there is a genre neither cares about!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I guess it would be worth something
but only if it's alongside a new title or else it's one of those "the only place to get the best experience" kind of bullshit.. do you see where I'm going with this again

I don't agree on that penultimate sentence. Both Sony and Microsoft have created first party fighting games within the last couple of years. That is worth something. You don't see them making RPGs, for example. Now there is a genre neither cares about!

Relative to shooters and other related action games.

I guess it would be worth something
but only if it's alongside a new title or else it's one of those "the only place to get the best experience" kind of bullshit.. do you see where I'm going with this again

Well, I can agree your way is the better way to do it, but this is E3 and you have to be realistic. If Sony are doing it, it'll be half-assed at best.

Sony: "Here is a USF4 port!"
Everybody: "Yeah ok, fair enough. Anything else?"
Sony: "Now on to Vita where we are seeing great momentum..."

El Sloth

Banned
Guys how do I watch streams though VLC?

I got Open Network Stream, paste the URL, and then press play but nothing happens.

i no PC gud halp

Shouta

1 Close standing light kick is now special, focus, red focus and super cancellable.
2 Far standing medium punch hurtbox increased. Hurtbox now appears in front of him from the first frame.
3 Far standing medium kick is now -3 frames on hit, instead of -7 frames. -7 frames on block, instead of -10 frames.
4 Angled jump heavy punch hurtbox slightly increased.
5 Light Spinning Piledriver range changed to 1.70 from 1.75.
6 Light Banishing Flat now has 8 frames startup instead of 11 frames. Hit advantage is now -3 frames instead of -5 frames. It is now -8 frames on block instead of -7 frames.
7 Medium Banishing Flat now has 11 frame startup instead of 13 frames. It is now -6 on block instead of -8.
8 Heavy Banishing Flat now has 14 frames startup instead of 16 frames. it is now -6 on hit instead of -7, and -7 on block instead of -9.

All of his changes make it easier for him to get in, confirm into damage, and footsie as necessary. 8 frame start up on green hand? That's faster than Condor Spire, lol.

JeTmAn81

I could care less about USF4 on PS4. Vita is where it's at. Having the most recent versions of Street Fighter and Marvel on the go would be amazing.

Mr. X

With how easy it was mentioned to move from PC to PS4, I think NRS just thought it would be profitable to make a PS4 port and a XBone port just involved more resources.

So does that count as next gen USFIV

pK9eenP.png

Top Bottom