• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 9-15 | Q Bomb is Top Tier

HBQnEZy.png

I WANT TO BELIEVE

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Posting this as a public service:

vNmMtVq.jpg

I'll go against the grain here and say I'm not buying what Ono's saying one bit. At best, he's doing damage control here. Here's the thing: this isn't some random quote from a PR flunky or some low-ranking developer, it's a quote from their COO! If he wants the game to become a pay-to-win shitfest, it's pretty damn likely that is what's going to happen. Granted, it's still super early in development (so a lot could change) and this could be a mistranslation, but it's not a good sign at all.

He's lied to us before but the whole fact that he's not using any emoticons leads me to believe otherwise...

CPS2

Way too early to be worried about SF5. If they want to charge $10 extra so that you can do specials with the right analogue stick it doesn't actually bother me.

nded

Watching my brother play SFIV PC. First thing he did was max out the settings so everything chugs, then he goes online to try to find out which character is most like Eddie Gordo.

kirblar

Watching my brother play SFIV PC. First thing he did was go into settings to max out the settings so everything chugs, then he goes online to try to find out which character is most like Eddie Gordo.
Elena's not in until Ultra. :(

Please don't make him suffer with Dee Jay.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
yams personality matches his avy so perfectly.

Why thank you my chocolate comrade.

Haha it really does, we'd be worse off without ya Yams :)

Good to hear that SFV is at least a thing for Capcom, even if It is early. Bring back parries.

I'm the solution to the FGC. Kappa

No, no. For the love of god, fuck no.

Mango, you and me are on the same page. I got destroyed because of parries... Never again please, no matter how much I love Third Strike, the wounds are too big.

.la1n

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";116073698]All the SF4 casuals can't handle parries.[/QUOTE]

I am probably being old and unreasonable but the parry system was my favorite aspect of any fighting game and I miss it. Doesn't hurt that SF III was the only fighting game I ever competed and did decently well in :p

Onemic

I'd love if SFV reintroduced parries. But it probably wont happen.

Or bring back SF3 type reversals. no invincibility on anything except supers/ultras.

RocBase

Guys my super expensive Kitana statue broke into pieces today. I'm quite emo. RIP Kitty.
Yikes! As a figure collector I can completely sympathize. Really sorry to hear about this.
Replacing it might be quite difficult I imagine.
EDIT: How did it even break?

Yikes! As a figure collector I can completely sympathize. Really sorry to hear about this.
Replacing it might be quite difficult I imagine.
EDIT: How did it even break?

I recently moved and during the trip somehow part of her heel, which holds her into the base, broke. She was still standing and looked fine for the past month. This morning when I was getting ready for work she just tipped over and hit the ground. Sucks. It would be like $350 to replace it.

alstein

I am probably being old and unreasonable but the parry system was my favorite aspect of any fighting game and I miss it. Doesn't hurt that SF III was the only fighting game I ever competed and did decently well in :p

Well, if you want parries- Yatagarasu made it through Greenlight today so it will be on Steam.

Beckx

D'Ron Maingrette ‏@xD1x 5m
You can pivot ftilt/fsmash out of dashes and you can ftilt/fsmash near the end of the initial dash. Many throws have immense knockback.

D'Ron Maingrette ‏@xD1x 2m
Air dodge spam is way more punishable than the previous iteration of Smash, buffered defensive maneuvers/shielding after landing are gone.

D'Ron Maingrette ‏@xD1x 1m
This is a plus as many used to abuse air dodges into rolls, block, spot dodges, etc. Momentum canceling seemed to have returned as well.

Top Bottom