• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 9-15 | Q Bomb is Top Tier

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It's dead at NLBC but very alive at Bum's place. That's the default Marvel place for NY.

Never gonna pass by Bum's place. NLBC is in a asian/mexican neighborhood, pretty damn peaceful and quiet each time I pass by. You'd be an idiot to walk around the area Bum lives in past 8 o'clock in the dark. I love Marvel but not to the point of getting mugged.

Just announced megaton on the GiantBomb stream, Seth Killian has "things".

He is waiting until you can play it rather than talking it up.

Ah come on Seth, stop being a tease!

Marz

Never gonna pass by Bum's place. NLBC is in a asian/mexican neighborhood, pretty damn peaceful and quiet each time I pass by. You'd be an idiot to walk around the area Bum lives in past 8 o'clock in the dark. I love Marvel but not to the point of getting mugged.

Ah come on Seth, stop being a tease!

I'm sure if Flux can make it you'll be fine.

Dahbomb

Bro it's a bunch of people like you who play a god damn video game... you will be fine especially if people like Flux go there on the regular.
TTT2 feels like it just won't end at times. I do enjoy the game a lot though.
TTT2 has 3 out of 5 rounds and then 3 out of 5 matches. If Marvel 3 was 3 out of 5 "rounds" and then it was 3 out of 5 "matches" then it would be the longest game ever reaching CVS2 levels of length.

Anne

If dude doesn't wanna go to some sketch neighborhood to play a video game when there's a reasonably safe venue instead, he shouldn't. Sounds smart to me.

Curleh Mustache NorCal, July 5, 2014

CurlehNORCALSplash.jpg

More of my coworkers keep showing up to play Injustice. This time I got to fight an Aquaman, Flash, and Superman. The Flash player is also a Marvel player, so it made sense.

God I suck at SF4. Sometimes I think the only reason I beat people in Ranked is because Dudley does fucking damage out of nowhere. It's like the opposite of Karst's problem with Akuma. I get my ass kicked for 90 seconds then I win in two combos.

And because dropped EX MGB into EX uppercut works 100% of the time for some reason.

Zissou

Coming back to SF4 after a 3+ year break (yo marvel!) is really rough. Decided to drop my original main (Blanka... I'll miss you!) and pick up Rose to try and learn the game for real. How do you find well organized info about this game? SRK forums are a mish-mash of info stretching from vanilla to ultra.

Krackatoa

Well, Capcom are the best trolls.

Dan now builds more meter in SFIV than any other character. He does it by slapping his ass repeatedly. Better than Yun's Palm, Dan builds meter with Frame 35-cancellable Regular Bob Joe taunts.

Rhapsody

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";116121428]And because dropped EX MGB into EX uppercut works 100% of the time for some reason.[/QUOTE]
Boo, you're one of them.

mbpm1

Well, Capcom are the best trolls.

Dan now builds more meter in SFIV than any other character. He does it by slapping his ass repeatedly. Better than Yun's Palm, Dan builds meter with Frame 35-cancellable Regular Bob Joe taunts.

This must be an Ono change.

Coming back to SF4 after a 3+ year break (yo marvel!) is really rough. Decided to drop my original main (Blanka... I'll miss you!) and pick up Rose to try and learn the game for real. How do you find well organized info about this game? SRK forums are a mish-mash of info stretching from vanilla to ultra.
SRK forums are a mess. I mostly just ask around now and send tweets to top Rose players. She's pretty basic and not too hard to get a hang of. It's mostly strong fundamentals and footsies.

Rhapsody

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";116124218]What? It's negative enough on block that you should get a full punish anyway. There's really no reason not to mash out ex uppercut in case you're too slow.[/QUOTE]

Oh weird, for some odd reason I thought it was close to -2 or something on block. Guess I mixed it up with LP machine gun blow.

Zissou

SRK forums are a mess. I mostly just ask around now and send tweets to top Rose players. She's pretty basic and not too hard to get a hang of. It's mostly strong fundamentals and footsies.

Yeah, she seems pretty straightforward. Twitter is a godsend for getting advice from top players- who are the best Roses to ask? I know of Arturo, Filipino Man, and Luffy. Who else should be on my radar?

Yeah, she seems pretty straightforward. Twitter is a godsend for getting advice from top players- who are the best Roses to ask? I know of Arturo, Filipino Man, and Luffy. Who else should be on my radar?
Those are the only 3 I can think of right now. But they all play differently enough that you can get a variety of info just from watching their matches.

Just remember how godly ex soul spiral is now. I keep forgetting about it, but when I remember, it usually gets me out of sticky situations.
And W ultra is so nice in certain matchups.

Zissou

Those are the only 3 I can think of right now. But they all play differently enough that you can get a variety of info just from watching their matches.

Just remember how godly ex soul spiral is now. I keep forgetting about it, but when I remember, it usually gets me out of sticky situations.
And W ultra is so nice in certain matchups.

Ex SS is especially godlike since (it seems) you can confirm they're blocked and FADC backwards to relative safety quite easily. Shame she can be thrown out of it though :>

Are there any rules of thumb for picking ultra for different match-ups? So far, I go double unless U1 seems fairly useless, in which case I go straight U2, and against grapplers, I go U1 for hard punishes against their necessarily risky approaches.

Lazyslob

Banned
ew nothing annoys me more than when people say jag-wire. ITS NOT JAG-WIRE. ITS NOT JAG-WIRE KICK. THE ANIMAL IS NOT CALLED JAG-WIRE. it's jaguar. how the hell do people come to the conclusions is pronounced jag wire

Ex SS is especially godlike since (it seems) you can confirm they're blocked and FADC backwards to relative safety quite easily. Shame she can be thrown out of it though :>

Are there any rules of thumb for picking ultra for different match-ups? So far, I go double unless U1 seems fairly useless, in which case I go straight U2, and against grapplers, I go U1 for hard punishes against their necessarily risky approaches.
The throw invulnerability being gone sucks, but I'd definitely take this version over the old one

For ultras I personally go with u2 most of the time unless I'm against characters where u1 will shut down some of their options, then I use w ultra. Bison, Honda, Blanka, Hawk, etc.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
ew nothing annoys me more than when people say jag-wire. ITS NOT JAG-WIRE. ITS NOT JAG-WIRE KICK. THE ANIMAL IS NOT CALLED JAG-WIRE. it's jaguar. how the hell do people come to the conclusions is pronounced jag wire
It's obviously said JAGGAH.

Lazyslob

Banned
ugh dont get me started. im going to start complaining everytime someone says something is "dirty". every mix up that hits someone is now dirty

Spuck-uk

Banned
Blazblue has an auto-plink system, not a buffer. True 1f links are still possible, and Ragna had one in CS.

I didnt say it had a buffer, it just has 'a system to make 1frame links easier'

Either way, if you want to make SF more accessible at a high level, wouldn't be a bad place to start.

Top Bottom