• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 9-15 | Q Bomb is Top Tier

The things that I predicted (Yosuke would become S tier and SLab would be dumb strong) both happened. What I didn't think would happen is how utterly dumb Yosuke can be at times. He's pretty solidly S.

As a Yosuke P4U main that hasn't paid attention to how things have developped due to playing other games I am very curious about this. Why is he S this time around?

Anne

As a Yosuke P4U main that hasn't paid attention to how things have developped due to playing other games I am very curious about this. Why is he S this time around?

Well, Yosuke was good in P4U. He had good pressure and neutral. The problem was he couldn't kill you off of random hits, and he couldn't keep up momentum. Well, his damage still isn't high in a lot of cases, but he gets momentum out the ass. In P4U2, instead of nuts oki, everybody gets a safejump of some sort, and then if you turn that safejump into something scary, you're probably a good character. Yosuke gets V Slasher knock down, then combined with glide and his pressure, you probably won't get back up. His mix up using glide in and out of pressure and oki is just nuts, and since it keeps leading into itself he can just shut people down.

Here, have a video I watched last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc1EIBAF7Ps

Having a usable forum would put you miles ahead of the competition.

:T

tumblr_mzh6djb9gD1qdzoq5o1_1280.jpg

wish this were real
What's more likely to happen first, Capcom vs Capcom or Sega All Stars Fighting Transformed

casperOne

Having a usable forum would put you miles ahead of the competition.

We don't disagree, but is that really the answer? Is a forum the right way or just the way that people are used to?

There's something to be said for not taking people out of their comfort zones; at the same time, you have to balance that against them not getting the most out of the resources they have because they are unwilling to change.

Put another way, is a forum the best way to enter the space, with GAF, EH boards, SRK forums, or is there a different form (no pun intended) factor that would be even more benefical?

Dustloop's usability is fine, but it's not a general FGC site, which is what One Frame Link is trying to be.

To be clear, we're not, we're looking for ways to best benefit the FGC, primarily through technology.

The discussion is around what we could do in 2015, but our mission statement is in no way "be a general FGC site." It's more "if we put forward a community site, what can we do to give the FGC the best site we can?"

Top 20 in P4U2 arcade ranks if anybody is interested:

Yu = 6
Shabby = 3
Teddie = 2
Yosuke = 2
Yukari = 2
Mitsuru = 1
Minazuki = 1
Naoto = 1
Chie = 1
Akihiko = 1

Caught up with the game last night. Some things have developed lol

RIP Aigis, what happened? lol
Does Yume still play her?

Anne

Dustloop's usability is fine, but it's not a general FGC site, which is what One Frame Link is trying to be. I was only thinking about SRK and EH in terms of competition.

Yeah I was just being silly. We're barely even a site outside of the forum. EHubs is pretty jokes tier and I don't even know what happened to SRK. At this point I'm more into the idea of bulletin boards (bbs) over having a ton of dedicated forums.

RIP Aigis, what happened? lol
Does Yume still play her?

She's a bit harder to win with than in P4U and no top level players are going in on her. Yume plays, but he plays without a card and barely shows up to anything. Heard he went to a smaller tournament and "fucked everybody up" until he ran into Souji.

Well, Yosuke was good in P4U. He had good pressure and neutral. The problem was he couldn't kill you off of random hits, and he couldn't keep up momentum. Well, his damage still isn't high in a lot of cases, but he gets momentum out the ass. In P4U2, instead of nuts oki, everybody gets a safejump of some sort, and then if you turn that safejump into something scary, you're probably a good character. Yosuke gets V Slasher knock down, then combined with glide and his pressure, you probably won't get back up. His mix up using glide in and out of pressure and oki is just nuts, and since it keeps leading into itself he can just shut people down.

Here, have a video I watched last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc1EIBAF7Ps

So pretty much V Slasher was a big game changer for him? Btw, I remember something about his glide being different in 2? Was it that it's harder to do or something?

We don't disagree, but is that really the answer? Is a forum the right way or just the way that people are used to?

There's something to be said for not taking people out of their comfort zones; at the same time, you have to balance that against them not getting the most out of the resources they have because they are unwilling to change.

Put another way, is a forum the best way to enter the space, with GAF, EH boards, SRK forums, or is there a different form (no pun intended) factor that would be even more benefical?

To be clear, we're not, we're looking for ways to best benefit the FGC, primarily through technology.

The discussion is around what we could do in 2015, but our mission statement is in no way "be a general FGC site." It's more "if we put forward a community site, what can we do to give the FGC the best site we can?"

GAF is exclusive, EH is too focused on tiers, and SRK is hideous and unstable. Honestly, I think it's generous to call them competition. But I guess that really only matters if you're limiting yourself to what everyone's currently doing.

So my idea of what your aims are was a little off, but I think the answer could still easily include a usable forum. A place for the community to come together and talk about things is probably going to be useful, considering the current state of things.

What are you boys watching? May I have a link?

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

soakrates

Rolento just doesn't seem that good right now, which is kind of a heartbreaker. I was really looking forward to using him. Hopefully people will figure out a play style for him that works.

zeroroute

Banned
Dunno if you all have heard, but Yatagarasu has been greenlit on steam successfully.

Also, Taken from the game's steam page

" Both Japanese and English dynamic commentaries (audio and subtitles) are available and providing the English commentary are veteran commentators Jchensor, UltraDavid, and Maximilian. "

The game will be $15 for non-backers

mbpm1

" Both Japanese and English dynamic commentaries (audio and subtitles) are available and providing the English commentary are veteran commentators Jchensor, UltraDavid, and Maximilian. "

Commentary? During the game matches?

lol cancelable far fierce honk honk

Dunno if you all have heard, but Yatagarasu has been greenlit on steam successfully.

Also, Taken from the game's steam page

yay! i'm in a video game

Kumubou

Commentary? During the game matches?
Now you get to hear James Chen whine about Cammy in a game she isn't even in! The original doujin release had in-game commentary from some well-known 3S players (KSK, NukiKokujin and Tokido IIRC), and for the international release they added some English commentators. UltraChen makes sense, but I'm not quite sure why they went with Maximilian for the third person -- this isn't KI. :p

mbpm1

Now you get to hear James Chen whine about Cammy in a game she isn't even in! The original doujin release had in-game commentary from some well-known 3S players (KSK, NukiKokujin and Tokido IIRC), and for the international release they added some English commentators. UltraChen makes sense, but I'm not quite sure why they went with Maximilian for the third person -- this isn't KI. :p

Oh wow. That's kinda surreal.

Congrats!

I forget, did you work the word cabbage into your in-game commentary?

i did, as well as honks and mean jokes and even an actual rooster call because i think it'd be hilarious for my face to pop up making a rooster sound, but i don't know which or how many of my little voice recordings they're actually gonna use, so, we'll see what gets in!

Rhapsody

Banned
Top 20 in P4U2 arcade ranks if anybody is interested:

Yu = 6
Shabby = 3
Teddie = 2
Yosuke = 2
Yukari = 2
Mitsuru = 1
Minazuki = 1
Naoto = 1
Chie = 1
Akihiko = 1

Caught up with the game last night. Some things have developed lol
So many Yu's. The changelist should've been a lot more than it was, imo.

Still gonna (sorta) drop him for Rise though.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Yeah, I'm not too sure as to why Max was added in but hell, hope the game's fun!

Top Bottom