• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 9-15 | Q Bomb is Top Tier

Dunno if you all have heard, but Yatagarasu has been greenlit on steam successfully.

Also, Taken from the game's steam page

" Both Japanese and English dynamic commentaries (audio and subtitles) are available and providing the English commentary are veteran commentators Jchensor, UltraDavid, and Maximilian. "

The game will be $15 for non-backers
Couldn't have come at a better time. I'm extremely thirsty for a new fighting game on PC and ANYONE should be able to run this game.

Now you get to hear James Chen whine about Cammy in a game she isn't even in! The original doujin release had in-game commentary from some well-known 3S players (KSK, NukiKokujin and Tokido IIRC), and for the international release they added some English commentators. UltraChen makes sense, but I'm not quite sure why they went with Maximilian for the third person -- this isn't KI. :p

presumably max is in for a couple reasons: aside from obviously playing fighters like everyone who was asked, he's way way better at acting than the rest of us who did voice overs and also brings a much larger, more varied fanbase more willing to spend money on stuff. he's a great choice for it imo

Dunno if you all have heard, but Yatagarasu has been greenlit on steam successfully.

Also, Taken from the game's steam page

" Both Japanese and English dynamic commentaries (audio and subtitles) are available and providing the English commentary are veteran commentators Jchensor, UltraDavid, and Maximilian. "

The game will be $15 for non-backers

Congrats to the devs - getting Greenlit should help quite a bit.

mbpm1

i did, as well as honks and mean jokes and even an actual rooster call because i think it'd be hilarious for my face to pop up making a rooster sound, but i don't know which or how many of my little voice recordings they're actually gonna use, so, we'll see what gets in!

UltraChen commentary is selling me on Yag lool

i did, as well as honks and mean jokes and even an actual rooster call because i think it'd be hilarious for my face to pop up making a rooster sound, but i don't know which or how many of my little voice recordings they're actually gonna use, so, we'll see what gets in!

That sounds awesome

Was James's commentary all puns?

Kumubou

With Yatagarasu getting a Steam release, I would love to see them add Steam Workshop support for additional commentators. The possibilities are endless.

Supast4r

LoL is kind of pay to win (having access to more/all of the character gives you a competetive advantage, and even though you can eventually earn them through 1000s of hours of play, practically speaking, you have to buy a lot of them). I think in this instance, p2w is more like buying more explicit in-game advantages (more damage on moves, more moves, whatever).

LoL is definitely not a p2w because having every character doesn't give you an advantage in game. The in game advantages aka runes and masteries cannot be bought with money bust must be earned with in game points.

Personally I found the p2w blowup with SF V funny because I have a feeling that they were looking into implementing this policy until the negative press came. Some things never change...

I've been running into a lot of lurkers in AE ranked lately.

God AE PC sucks right now, though. It's always lagging, even offline. I don't get it. I can't even train properly.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";116269025]I've been running into a lot of lurkers in AE ranked lately.

God AE PC sucks right now, though. It's always lagging, even offline. I don't get it. I can't even train properly.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? If offline is even lagging, I suggest you turn down the specs you're running it at and if that doesn't work, the setup needs an upgrade.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";116269868]I've been running AE PC for years without lagging offline.[/QUOTE]

Get a new PC. If you use the PC for actual contract/professional work, you can deduct it off during tax season.

.la1n

Now you get to hear James Chen whine about Cammy in a game she isn't even in! The original doujin release had in-game commentary from some well-known 3S players (KSK, NukiKokujin and Tokido IIRC), and for the international release they added some English commentators. UltraChen makes sense, but I'm not quite sure why they went with Maximilian for the third person -- this isn't KI. :p

It's almost as if nobody remembers Max's Ken when Third Strike was big.

:p

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";116269025]I've been running into a lot of lurkers in AE ranked lately.

God AE PC sucks right now, though. It's always lagging, even offline. I don't get it. I can't even train properly.[/QUOTE]

The Actually A Good Game Patch #1 is still on sale for 30 bucks on Steam and #2 ~15 bucks on XBL/PSN. For PC, #2's even free.

Nabs

Are you also getting sound issues? Maybe something like this can help. It's similar to the thing that solved my lag issues, and now the game runs like it did before the patch.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";116269868]I've been running AE PC for years without lagging offline.[/QUOTE]

Odd, probably the patch then. God damn, August 8th can't come any sooner!

onionfrog

The steamworks patch fucked up a lot of things on PC.

Infinite

IT'S YATAGARASU BAYBEE

20090923223505!YataGarasu-LOD-NA-ScR-1E.jpg

Infinite

man i still love yugioh, even thought i dont play it as seriously as i used too or as much. this card was broken as hell too, brought up some cheap matches in which nothing could be done -_-

I quit this game. Game got TOO fucking crazy. Now I just play heartstone and pokemon TCG sometimes lol

The Yatagarasu lock....

The epitome of "you don't get to play".

troof. that immediate scoop when you drop yata on someone

Yipes is playing AE now, apparently.

Hope he sticks with it.

Remember when Yipes Abel was good? I do

kirblar

Abel is definitely a good character in Ultra.

Hearthstone is fun until it isn't. Then it's a miserable grind you play every day for dailies hoping it will eventually not suck again.

YGO's lack of resource system cripples it. I've been on a MTG hiatus until my diet issues get solved.

Kimosabae

Banned
Yup. Yipe's Abel/Bison were some of my favorite things to watch during early SF4. I love watching Yipes play fgs, we're very similar in our approach to playing them.

I personally felt the SF4 scene lost some energy once he quit and started focusing on Marvel.

Dahbomb

YGO's lack of resources makes it interesting and fast paced. There are resources but not in the traditional sense (like you have to sacrifice a bunch of cards to get a beast card out).

And yeah Hearthstone becomes boring after a while. The content is bare bones and once you get all the cards with Legendary rank... there's no point in playing. I guess you could grind for rank 1 Legendary but that applies to any online game. Also the meta game is hella stale, people talk about Marvel but HS is literaly just 1-2 viable decks per class.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
YGO's lack of resources makes it interesting and fast paced. There are resources but not in the traditional sense (like you have to sacrifice a bunch of cards to get a beast card out).

And yeah Hearthstone becomes boring after a while. The content is bare bones and once you get all the cards with Legendary rank... there's no point in playing. I guess you could grind for rank 1 Legendary but that applies to any online game. Also the meta game is hella stale, people talk about Marvel but HS is literaly just 1-2 viable decks per class.

Wow, pretty dead game to me.

Infinite

Yup. Yipe's Abel/Bison were some of my favorite things to watch during early SF4. I love watching Yipes play fgs, we're very similar in our approach to playing them.

I personally felt the SF4 scene lost some energy once he quit and started focusing on Marvel.

I felt exactly the same. Wow.

Also Heartstone is fun until it becomes a grind. Play Pokemon TCG

Top Bottom