• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 9-15 | Q Bomb is Top Tier

God damn it, now this is all I hear

What the hell, how does that situation even happen?
My friend drew all the pieces she needed in the opening hand and patiently waited until her health was in the correct range. She also got locked in the first three turns, which made it even funnier.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My friend drew all the pieces she needed in the opening hand and patiently waited until her health was in the correct range. She also got locked in the first three turns, which made it even funnier.
Wait so you are telling me he still lost to that even though he had time to draw a fuck ton of cards? LOL You are supposed to board and hand wipe before going for yata. Even then he had like a billion turns :lol so bad

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Wait so you are telling me he still lost to that even though he had time to draw a fuck ton of cards? LOL You are supposed to board and hand wipe before going for yata. Even then he had like a billion turns :lol so bad

Anything is possible, I had this duel where someone beat me on their first turn. It was an exodia deck, I've never seen someone draw their entire deck in one turn.... With cards that aren't banned, that day I learned to fear.

Wait Rolento can hit a U2 off a rekka? I need to see this

Only off his third ex rekka my chocolate comrade.

He was completely overconfident and kept getting annoyed that she wouldn't forfeit. :lol

kirblar

GGs again Karst.

Fuerte is fun, I just kinda need to learn how to use more than a few of his options. (and figure out a control scheme, and how to max damage off his jumpins and do things other than heavies off his walljumps) Going full out troll mode is awesome though, especially when I figured out cross-up Splash. :p

GGs Kirblar. First time playing against El Fuerte, so that was quite an adventure for me. Holy hell, the grapple out of run has a huge number of invincibility frames. There were so many times I thought I was playing smart and got grabbed anyway.

Your connection seems to flux quite a bit. Sometimes it was great, others it was choppy. What is going on there?

I tried to incorporate focus attacks into my game as we played on. I don't use them enough.

That EX body rush move is crazy good!

kirblar

GGs Kirblar. First time playing against El Fuerte, so that was quite an adventure for me. Holy hell, the grapple out of run has a huge number of invincibility frames. There were so many times I thought I was playing smart and got grabbed anyway.

Your connection seems to flux quite a bit. Sometimes it was great, others it was choppy. What is going on there?

I tried to incorporate focus attacks into my game as we played on. I don't use them enough.

I'm on WiFi on FioS with roommates, so its probably that. My PC connection is much much more solid.

Anyone know what the trick to wake up EX Bomb w/ Fuerte is btw? It doesn't seem to have the "lolreversal" window normal DPs do.

Yeah I was shocked at what I could do to you with the grapple once I got in, lol.

edit: Oh, go look up the Q-bomb command. :p You'll rage.

Ultra has garbage ass netcode. They did something to it transitioning from AE.

Infinite

Anything is possible, I had this duel where someone beat me on their first turn. It was an exodia deck, I've never seen someone draw their entire deck in one turn.... With cards that aren't banned, that day I learned to fear.

Only off his third ex rekka my chocolate comrade.
I played against this deck one time in tournament. It used a dragon draw engine and dude got his exodia off on me one game turn one. Drew through his whole deck. I was lucky I won game one and went first game three.

Kumubou

For anyone wondering: that infinite in UNIEL will probably get patched ASAP -- French Bread doesn't let stuff like that rock in one-off situations. There was a nearly identical infinite that Kohaku & Mech-Hisui had in the last update to Melty Blood and they released a patch to the arcade and PC versions of MBCC to address that (and again when a unfly/refly glitch with Archetype:Earth was found that let her fly forever). In older versions of the game everyone had shit like that, but exe:Late patched all of the known infinities out.
UNiEL looks fun until you have to block. I'll get it and play it and have fun, but man it's hilarious.
So it's like Melty Blood, except now characters can still mix you up from half-screen. Fun times. :V

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I played against this deck one time in tournament. It used a dragon draw engine and dude got his exodia off on me one game turn one. Drew through his whole deck. I was lucky I won game one and went first game three.

Damn, I know if I had went first, I would have stood a chance. My deck mainly nullifies a lot of BS synchro/XYZ. Haven't played in a while so I'll probably give up once pendulum monsters come out, I barely even play anymore, like once or twice a year and I still body people.

I just used Toons with some Spell that prevented creatures from attacking the turn they're summoned. I liked annoying people more than anything, really.

Kumubou

Yup. I really love playing Melty though so this is probably a thing I can play a bit. Game is just silly and oppressive.
The biggest difference is that in Melty you can challenge a lot of pressure directly with some success (you can still get destroyed for it, though), whereas in UNIEL you can't really openly mash in abare and hope to get anywhere. You actually have to block and shield and build GRD to either push them out or get a Chain Shift and find a spot to blow them the fuck up with it.

Astarte

I built a Self Destruct YOLO deck and won a little mini tournament. God bless Hope for Escape and Gift Cards, for they have given me strength and tears.

Anne

The biggest difference is that in Melty you can challenge a lot of pressure directly with some success (you can still get destroyed for it, though), whereas in UNIEL you can't really openly mash in abare and hope to get anywhere. You actually have to block and shield and build GRD to either push them out or get a Chain Shift and find a spot to blow them the fuck up with it.

Ye, I understand that. I actually play a decent amount of Melty. I haven't kept up with UNiEL a lot so I'm not super caught up. I studied a couple chars and mechanics, then laughed at the "You kneel" thing. I'm excited, but too many people keep telling me I'm wrong about the blocking forever thing.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Just got home from E3.

From the other thread...

Harada is flying to LA. This is out of bounds but are you able to at least give a yes or no answer as to whether there will be a worthy fighting game to look forward to from Namco?

Yes (from E3)...

10453995_1465596237013090_516046341_n.jpg

Ziophaelin

Capcom should outsource it to some guys making platforms if they don't have any teams interested in doing it. If it's from someone like the guys behind Volgarr (Crazy Viking Studios), then we might even get a hell of a game out of it.

I wouldn't be opposed to that. Dream of mine to work on a fighting game, but they are super expensive and time consuming to produce, in 2D anyway, but that is what I would want to do. :)

BqAXTdCCEAAvI00.png:large

https://twitter.com/VOLGARR/status/477407184767037440/photo/1

You know how we always say Daigo is the most hollywood of all FG players? He may have the income to back up that statement. Apparently Daigo makes nearly 200k a year. I can't imagine any other player in fighting games coming close to that figure. I have no idea how he is making most of that money. I assume most of it is from paid appearances at the various events that he attends in Japan because I don't think Mad Catz is paying him the majority of that figure.

http://beastnote.blogspot.com/2014/06/umehara-yearly-income-is-at-least-196k.html

Where ever the money comes from, he's making a lot of it.

casperOne

You know how we always say Daigo is the most hollywood of all FG players? He may have the income to back up that statement. Apparently Daigo makes nearly 200k a year. I can't imagine any other player in fighting games coming close to that figure. I have no idea how he is making most of that money. I assume most of it is from paid appearances at the various events that he attends in Japan because I don't think Mad Catz is paying him the majority of that figure.

http://beastnote.blogspot.com/2014/06/umehara-yearly-income-is-at-least-196k.html

Good on him. Although is it projected or actual? I'd be wary of projections of sponsorship support in the FGC; we don't have good baselines for those kinds of projections right now.

BadWolf

Whoa, good for him. Didn't think he was making that much or anywhere close to it.

Ye, I understand that. I actually play a decent amount of Melty. I haven't kept up with UNiEL a lot so I'm not super caught up. I studied a couple chars and mechanics, then laughed at the "You kneel" thing. I'm excited, but too many people keep telling me I'm wrong about the blocking forever thing.

This sounds like a good thing to me. My defense needs a lot of work so if I have to block mixups a lot in order to not get destroyed that can only be good for me when I eventually play other games (P4AU, GGXrd) coming out later this year.

Top Bottom