• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 9-15 | Q Bomb is Top Tier

I wouldn't be opposed to that. Dream of mine to work on a fighting game, but they are super expensive and time consuming to produce, in 2D anyway, but that is what I would want to do. :)

BqAXTdCCEAAvI00.png:large

https://twitter.com/VOLGARR/status/477407184767037440/photo/1
That sprite's pretty darn awesome
Ya'll got the wrong Yatagarasu.

468px-Yatagarasu.jpg
That's what's up

MTG and fighting games are about the same level of fun for me, and I'm way better at MTG, but goddamn does the MTG community suuuuuck compared to the FGC. No roaring crowds, no side betting, no after-hours shenanigans, no funny stories. Just card collections and the occasional pun. It's like comparing basketball to tennis.

I want to go to vegas next week for the MTG major, but I'm just worried that I'm gonna be bored out of my mind when I'm not playing matches.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";116363027]MTG and fighting games are about the same level of fun for me, and I'm way better at MTG, but goddamn does the MTG community suuuuuck compared to the FGC. No roaring crowds, no side betting, no after-hours shenanigans, no funny stories. Just card collections and the occasional pun. It's like comparing basketball to tennis.

I want to go to vegas next week for the MTG major, but I'm just worried that I'm gonna be bored out of my mind when I'm not playing matches.[/QUOTE]
MTG is a godawful spectator sport. FGs are an amazing one.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";116363027]MTG and fighting games are about the same level of fun for me, and I'm way better at MTG, but goddamn does the MTG community suuuuuck compared to the FGC. No roaring crowds, no side betting, no after-hours shenanigans, no funny stories. Just card collections and the occasional pun. It's like comparing basketball to tennis.

I want to go to vegas next week for the MTG major, but I'm just worried that I'm gonna be bored out of my mind when I'm not playing matches.[/QUOTE]
Looks like somebody has never done late night drunk cube drafts

kirblar

Should be interesting to see who Qs out of the Asian qualifier for CapCup. I don't see team EG bothering to go given that they're all virtually locked for it anyway.

xCobalt

Although it's kinda dumb Sanford was able to get back into A league so easily, there wasn't really a good replacement for him.

pixelish

aquasilk is not happy with sanford being allowed to join back tkony as well as how the organiser handled the situation.

Aqua Silk 2 mins
I no longer have any interest in TKONY. The tournament has lost it's integrity.
1 - Catering to drama queens
2 - Not respecting the hard working B league entrants ( Ryan LH McDaniel, Steven Insaynne, Chris Landon, etc)
3 - Turning it into a popularity contest.
4 - etc
Thanks to everyone who voted my name to be entered. That was really appreciated!!!! Good luck to the entrants. I won't be watching.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I wouldn't be opposed to that. Dream of mine to work on a fighting game, but they are super expensive and time consuming to produce, in 2D anyway, but that is what I would want to do. :)

BqAXTdCCEAAvI00.png:large

https://twitter.com/VOLGARR/status/477407184767037440/photo/1

Its really that not expensive or time consuming. You can get an engine for a 2D game pretty cheap these days and the team can have only one or two artist. Obviously everyone is doing charity work in the beginning, but with the right hype (we have NeoGAF at our disposal for critiques), it is tangible within a 1-2 year span.

You got yourself a game designer/programmer right here, we can make the dream happen with Smedwicks too, PM me if you're interested, I finished a project so I'm pretty free at the moment.

http://ask.fm/askprog/answer/114787420269

Everybody panic!
Actually don't panic have your panic averted

Prog laying down the chillax. I really hope Sakurai reads all the opinions (as he probably does) and make melee 2.0.

aquasilk is not happy with sanford being allowed to join back tkony as well as how the organiser handled the situation.

And this is why we can't have nice things. Let Sanford get an account on GAF, we'll do the work for the people who can't open their mouths.

Onemic

Its really that not expensive or time consuming. You can get an engine for a 2D game pretty cheap these days and the team can have only one or two artist. Obviously everyone is doing charity work in the beginning, but with the right hype (we have NeoGAF at our disposal for critiques), it is tangible within a 1-2 year span.

You got yourself a game designer/programmer right here, we can make the dream happen with Smedwicks too, PM me if you're interested, I finished a project so I'm pretty free at the moment.

Me too!

Although I don't agree that it's not time consuming. you have to draw every frame for every sprite + effects. That alone is time consuming as hell.

Kalamari

Daigo also has a book (or two?) bringing him some income as well. Also, 200K doesn't go as far in Tokyo as it does in the U.S.

Justin Wong should write a book.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Aqua was asking for votes only yesterday, and he never even showed up for b-league.

Personally I am glad Sanford is back in, I want to see him get bodied hard after all this drama BS.

Malice215

I know Aqua isn't happy but I am because I want to see Sanford compete. If we wins or loses, it's going to be hype and entertaining which wouldn't have been the case if someone else took his spot.

Beckx

Its really that not expensive or time consuming. You can get an engine for a 2D game pretty cheap these days and the team can have only one or two artist.

Can someone page Ravidrath for the 2D fighting game cost beatdown before Yams continues telling a game designer (of an awesome shipped game) about the cost of development?

Top Bottom