• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 9-15 | Q Bomb is Top Tier

CPS2

I have never seen a BTTF or Indiana Jones flick and GAF always seems to give me shit every time it comes up.

Seriously have no interest in them.

I took forever to watch Star Wars because I never had any interest in it, and still don't. BTTF and Indiana Jones are awesome though.

btw does anyone have links to any good Xrd videos from e3? I'm only just catching up on everything today.
edit: nevermind

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I've never played SF2

ZBtkx89.png

Your sacred cows are lunchmeat, folks, accept it. Can't afford to freak out everytime someone says they never played Tekken 3 or Champion Edition, or never watched some old Saturday Morning Cartoon block or something.

Here's a question for Melee/Smash fans;

In regards to Melee's popularity, would Super SF2: Turbo be the best SF to compare to in regards to it's competitive legacy?
If you HAD to compare the two series, then I guess this works.
I....never saw it too
Turn in your horsehead at the door, you won't be needing it any longer.

I have never seen a BTTF or Indiana Jones flick and GAF always seems to give me shit every time it comes up.

Seriously have no interest in them.
They're two of the best adventure movie series ever made, and I'm keeping the hyperbole low on this. I wouldn't go and say they're life-changing or anything, but they're definitely must-see films.
I've seen the BttF trilogy and I still didn't get it.

Haven't seen any Indiana Jones.
See, at least you and Busaiku gave the movies a shot.

Dahbomb

Indiana Jones and Back to the Future are awesome. Sucks for those who have not seen that movie (or maybe it doesn't suck as they get to experience it for the first time).

Now someone is going to come in and say they haven't seen Jurassic Park.

JDdelphin

I knew a girl who never ate lettuce.
Like once in her whole life.

For real.

Or most other things.
Like any form of ground meat, most non-stereotypically 'yicky' vegetables, etc...

She was really picky and from an affluent family so I guess she was able to do that kindof stuff her whole life.

GGs Onionfrog. Decapre is so dumb. I am pretty salty about that set. Her damage is huge for so little effort. And that million stabs move...ugh.

Edit: also, did Ultra screw up Oni, or do the new characters have weird crouching hitboxes? Tatsu H used to be my finisher for combos, but it drops against a lot of the new guys if they are crouching during the combo. Really annoying.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I knew a girl who never ate lettuce.
Like once in her whole life.

For real.

Or most other things.
Like any form of ground meat, most non-stereotypically 'yicky' vegetables, etc...

She was really picky and from an affluent family so I guess she was able to do that kindof stuff her whole life.

Sounds like a female version of me, except I try stuff once at least haha. My parents raised me bad so stuff like that triggers my gag reflex. I need to force myself to eat stuff like that.

JDdelphin

Sounds like a female version of me, except I try stuff once at least haha. My parents raised me bad so stuff like that triggers my gag reflex. I need to force myself to eat stuff like that.

Lol -hey at least you TRY.

This girl wore her upholding of little kid food phobias like a gold standard of merit.

It's never a big deal to not like something, people are different.

Dahbomb

GGs Onionfrog. Decapre is so dumb. I am pretty salty about that set. Her damage is huge for so little effort. And that million stabs move...ugh.

Edit: also, did Ultra screw up Oni, or do the new characters have weird crouching hitboxes? Tatsu H used to be my finisher for combos, but it drops against a lot of the new guys if they are crouching during the combo. Really annoying.
New characters have weird crouching hit boxes especially Decapre and Elena.

New characters have weird crouching hit boxes especially Decapre and Elena.
What's weird is that they aren't consistent. Sometimes Tatsu L hits crouching, sometimes it doesn't.

Is the frame data for Ultra up anywhere yet?

I miss Oni's old DP. It had so much invincibility...

I love the reduced frames on his fireball hyper and f.MK. Health reduction was unnecessary. The rest doesn't seem to matter.

Marz

What's weird is that they aren't consistent. Sometimes Tatsu L hits crouching, sometimes it doesn't.

I love the reduced frames on his fireball hyper and f.MK. Health reduction was unnecessary. The rest doesn't seem to matter.

Frame data is up on SRK and the app

Onemic

slam losing its invincibility frame is big, same with slash no longer being airborne on the first frame.

slam losing its invincibility frame is big, same with slash no longer being airborne on the first frame.
I don't even give a crap about the FADC off of DPs on block. I got along fine without it. I miss some of his old stuff though. Sigh.

It's different hit box if they are just crouching versus crouch blocking.
Yeah, I mean it whiffed during combos sometimes, and other times it hit.

Shackzam

Lol -hey at least you TRY.

This girl wore her upholding of little kid food phobias like a gold standard of merit.

It's never a big deal to not like something, people are different.

I'm sort of the same way, but I try at least. I can't eat fish without throwing it up immediately. I wish I could understand why some of my friends like it, but my stomach can't take that kind of food. Either way I haven't really met anyone that held on to those type of phobia's.

Onemic

I don't even give a crap about the FADC off of DPs on block. I got along fine without it. I miss some of his old stuff though. Sigh.

Yeah, I mean it whiffed during combos sometimes, and other times it hit.

It's funny because that buff doesnt do shit for Oni. It's a nerf veiled as a buff. FADC'ing oni's DP on block still leaves you with a guaranteed punish by the other player regardless due to Oni's backdash being so unbelievably shit. And what do you get for an DP FADC on block that's still almost as punishable as it was pre-ultra? Well, to balance this amazing buff, Capcom had to cut the invinciblity frames on his dp by half and remove the ability to combo into anything after a DP FADC on hit. Oh and they also reduced his overall combo damage off FADC.

Quite honestly, it seems that playing Oni is a waste of time in Ultra. You might as well play e.Ryu who has more damage output, better footsies, much better mobility, more utility on his ultras, and the same amount of health.

Onis EX DP still has the most invincibility and does the most chip though right??

yes, that hasn't changed at least

Depending on the combo, if an attack whiffs, you simply did it too late.

Seth always had the most invincible DP. Not 100% sure about chip damage but I'm guessing Oni has the most.

I thought they nerfed seths dp as well?

mbpm1

Capcom had to cut the invinciblity frames on his dp by half and remove the ability to combo into anything after a DP FADC on hit.

I don't play Oni anymore, but I remember seeing this and thinking what a huge loss it was. His reversals no longer really matter in terms of damage.

xCobalt

I thought they nerfed seths dp as well?

I don't think so. SRK still has his ex dp with 22 invincibility frames.

The new wiki also sucks. It has 2 sets of frame data and the old "Notes" column was split into like 8 new columns. Nothing really needed to be changed with the old table. Just a couple more rows showing the header would have been fine.

Went to Vancouvers only chipotle today

Was expecting it to be better, since gaf goes nuts about, but that may be because I just got the sofrita version (tofu). It was great, but not like how amazing viscant makes it out to be

My coworkers were raving tho and the lineup was out the door

Anth0ny

I never saw the movie ;_;

No wonder I didn't get it....

I've never played SF2

iggwkluuexrkk44rhk.gif

Here's a question for Melee/Smash fans;

In regards to Melee's popularity, would Super SF2: Turbo be the best SF to compare to in regards to it's competitive legacy?

I'm not sure if you can even compare it to SF2. Melee is at its peak (by a WIDE margin) 13 years after launch. How was Super Turbo doing in 2007?

When it comes to legacy, I think Melee will get the same kind of love SF2 did. As in, it'll be remembered as the best Smash Bros, just like SF2 is remembered as the best Street Fighter.

Then again, Third Strike is the most technical Street Fighter, and Melee is the most technical Smash Bros. Third Strike has Daigo's parry, Melee has wombo combo.

But SFIV also had the biggest tournament attendance of any Street Fighter game, and so did Melee for Smash Bros games.

I guess it's hard to say.

ohyoudamnright93l0j.gif

Rhapsody

Banned

They just have weird hitboxes in general. Even Evil Ryu's tatsu into follow up are inconsistent on Decapre.

Top Bottom