• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 9-15 | Q Bomb is Top Tier

SFV will blow minds. It will be like SFIV all over again.

gimme old ass ryu post-oro training with a sick ass one hand fighting style.

old_ryu_concept_by_molee.jpg

I really doubt they'd position it after SF3 tho :(

NEO0MJ

I want them to go like 30-40 years into the future just to shake shit up.

Old man sensei Ryu, Mature Sakura, Mel Masters... etc

Pretty sure that Sakura will forever be a school girl. We'll prbaby see mature Makoto, though!

DO you see the one on the top right? Make that a character in Sf5, I don't care how you justify it. Make it juri hans good guy sister, who wants to stop her or whatever. I need that design in Street fighter

Is it just me or does she have gigantic hips?

.la1n

SF V needs to take place after Third Strike. They wrote their love letter to fans with SF IV now give us something new and different.

hitsugi

i thought combofiend fixed GUY's target combo whiffs *kappa*

That can never be fixed. They've "fixed" it in every iteration since Super.

DO you see the one on the top right? Make that a character in Sf5, I don't care how you justify it. Make it juri hans good guy sister, who wants to stop her or whatever. I need that design in Street fighter

Make him a character, name him something else.

Wow. Pretty much every other Juri design (ESPECIALLY Nike Juri) looks better than what they went with.

Laconic

Banned
That can never be fixed. They've "fixed" it in every iteration since Super.

Wow. Pretty much every other Juri design (ESPECIALLY Nike Juri) looks better than what they went with.

They wanted evil and sleazy, though, and they went with what worked on that front.

Nyoro SF

They wanted evil and sleazy, though, and they went with what worked on that front.

I guess? But I definitely agree with him, pretty much every other design there was better than what we got... (except for maybe the bottom row) the evil and cool Juri that looks a bit like KOF Kim would've been such a sweet style of character.

hitsugi

I guess? But I definitely agree with him, pretty much every other design there was better than what we got... (except for maybe the bottom row) the evil and cool Juri that looks a bit like KOF Kim would've been such a sweet style of character.

I don't even really use Juri and I'd buy that alt if they gave it to us. It just looks so much better

I also agree on older, matured versions of Ryu / Ken (assuming Ken would return as well) with a mostly different set of specials would be awesome for SFV. We may be in the minority that feel that way, but... things have to progress. SF4 was throwback city (you could almost call it SF Beta as it falls in-between timelines much like Alpha fell between SF1 and 2) - time to move forward.

I can't see the love for for those Juri designs at all. Most of them look stock as hell, except for the ones that practically scream "HELLO LOOK AT ME I AM KOREAN LOOK AT MY CHIMA/GAUDY FLAG BELT", and the one that's actually wearing sports gear. Hell, one of them is just a dressed down version of Simone from Cannon Spike. I'm cold on the Juri we have now, but I don't see any designs that totally trump the one we got saddled with.

This happens everytime unused designs for SFIV are released, too. At this point, I'm starting to think I need glasses.

Village

Also bring him back. And Redo some of his move set and give him Triple H moves and triple H-esque alt costume.

I can't see the love for for those Juri designs at all. Most of them look stock as hell, except for the ones that practically scream "HELLO LOOK AT ME I AM KOREAN LOOK AT MY CHIMA/GAUDY FLAG BELT", and the one that's actually wearing sports gear. Hell, one of them is just a dressed down version of Simone from Cannon Spike. I'm cold on the Juri we have now, but I don't see any designs that totally trump the one we got saddled with.

This happens everytime unused designs for SFIV are released, too. At this point, I'm starting to think I need glasses.

I think the designs are way more visually appealing than what we got now, epically the one on the top right and the one with the strait up sports gear.
Maybe its the he type of artist I am I dunno, but I like the concepts way more than what came out. Same for rufus.

Good thing about concepts though, they can manifest in to future character designs, which I why I ask, just make it into an entirely different character.

Capcom goes for a lot of things... maybe they should go for other things.

I don't like the Juri we got that much either. Or I just don't like the in game model that much. The portrait art for her face is really good. I don't like her outfit though. I like the sports gear outfit from those sketches.

Kimosabae

Banned
A revamp of Ken and Ryu with an older aesthetic sounds like an awesome idea. Particularly the Oro suggestion. This is a fighting game. You can always just bring back the more traditional Ken/Ryu at some point in the future via DLC or the new iteration.

Or have a new generation Ryu/Ken archetypes that aren't Ryu/Ken, but younger. Or you can do some combination of both ideas.

Also bring him back. And Redo some of his move set and give him Triple H moves and triple H-esque alt costume.

Might as well make his rival Guile while you're at it - it'll be the closest thing to replicating Triple H's matches.

I think the designs are way more visually appealing than what we got now, epically the one on the top right and the one with the strait up sports gear.
Maybe its the he type of artist I am I dunno, but I like the concepts way more than what came out. Same for rufus.

Good thing about concepts though, they can manifest in to future character designs, which I why I ask, just make it into an entirely different character.

Fair enough. They might do just that, Capcom's re-worked scrapped designs before.

I don't like the Juri we got that much either. Or I just don't like the in game model that much. The portrait art for her face is really good. I don't like her outfit though. I like the sports gear outfit from those sketches.

I feel that way about all the characters - portrait art's great, but the models are eh. I know why it's that way, though, and I don't want to open that particular can of worms again.

That character change didn't work out for LLL at all. Too bad, too - seeing him hit the same setup in 2 matches with Ryu was kind of funny, I was hoping for a 3rd.

Rufus was suppose to be black right?
Yeah, that's the way they were gonna go at first.
It's funny - even though his gear was kinda cheesy, there was nothing about the design itself that would have skewed towards a stereotype. But when people started hypothesizing what kind of character he would have turned out to be, a lot of them came to the conclusion that he would have been a cool, disciplined fighter that could still get fierce when he needed to be.
Which, coupled with his gear, would have turned him into a Blaxploitation martial artist.
I just find that interesting.

Village

Might as well make his rival Guile while you're at it - it'll be the closest thing to replicating Triple H's matches.
Being a family man is bad for business.

Fair enough. They might do just that, Capcom's re-worked scrapped designs before.
Hopefully they do it again.
Also they scrapped this cool ryu alt where he had like old school japanese uniform on, with sandals like he was some rival schools character. I WANT THAT

I feel that way about all the characters - portrait art's great, but the models are eh. I know why it's that way, though, and I don't want to open that particular can of worms again.
I like the models, I understand however why people would dislike them.
That said they should ape marvel 3 for sf5

I just want super old ryu (and ken I guess). With new moves. Old man moves.

Their kids or nephews or students can play like normal shotos I guess.

I want grown up sakura and older woman more so chun li as well.

Dahbomb

I like the one in the black gi the most (2nd last from the bottom all the way to the right, short hair).

I know Enzo will crucify me for it being a "generic fighter in a gi" but I think that looks amazing. At the very least it would be an amazing design in a Tekken game.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
You guys should just kinda get it over with and write these SF fanfics you seem to crave

Top Bottom