• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 9-15 | Q Bomb is Top Tier

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I finished college with $0 to my name but also $0 debt. Couldn't have done it without the scholarship though.

Apply for scholarships

This, I had to pay around $16,000, in a span of 4 years (~$2,000 a semester) and paid it out of the pocket. Glad as hell I'm not suffering from debt but sorry for the others but don't worry, medical school will be the stake to my heart, so I'll be right behind you.

Are we really flexing our savings/loans muscles here?

Because if I start flexing people would get mad depressed.

Don't Dahbomb, we all know you're very well off.

Kumubou

Are we really flexing our savings/loans muscles here?

Because if I start flexing people would get mad depressed.
I figured as much, between your work as a doctor and your pristine record in betting on UMvC3 you're probably rolling in stacks of cash.

As for myself, the only debt I have is my mortgage... thankfully, I bought my house during the nadir of the housing market in Phoenix. If I bought a year or two earlier I would have been bodied.

Dahbomb

The reason for my savings is that I went to public school then went to college for free on scholarship and went to med school for cheap too because it was out of country. I also worked in between even in high school.

In the US med school tuition is ridiculous... $50K per year are you kidding me? Also I don't have a wife or a kid yet... so I am expecting that savings to drop like a rock when that happens of course.

My earnings from betting is pretty low comparatively. I don't go around betting all in on a Marvel money match or a single football match... some on now son that's a bit ridiculous.

The reason for my savings is that I went to public school then went to college for free on scholarship and went to med school for cheap too because it was out of country. I also worked in between even in high school.

In the US med school tuition is ridiculous... $50K per year are you kidding me? Also I don't have a wife or a kid yet... so I am expecting that savings to drop like a rock when that happens of course.

My earnings from betting is pretty low comparatively. I don't go around betting all in on a Marvel money match or a single football match... some on now son that's a bit ridiculous.
Doctor Dahbomb? Damn I was ready to show off with my savings but never mind.

Joule

ie4MIlfXJMVrf.jpg

God of gambling indeed. Love those movies.

That is some risky betting though.

Dahbomb

I need a new Tekken already. Only thing more disappointing at E3 than Capcom was no Tekken announcement by Namco.

I really hope EVO brings the fighting games of the future.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Spoke with Daisuke and dev leads from GGxrd at E3, was incredible.

Potentially have a pretty awesome project in the pipeline with Aksys. It's gonna be heavy
seewhatididthere?

Shackzam

Man all this talk about college dept is making me feel. I'm in community college and I'm still in dept and I'm trying to get a job,but stuffs not working out right now. Hopefully I'll figure out something out right now. I'm not that much in debt compared to a lot of other people, but back on topic to fighting games I want to play the crap out of the new Mortal Kombat and Kotal Kahn looks awesome. Also a new Tekken is kind of disappointing, but that's not my cup of tea since I end up falling asleep whenever I watch top 8 of it.

I get by on college. Job situation is spotty, but it's something.
At least now I'm not depressed and jobless - might even be able to post in WrassleGAF again without feeling like I'm stuck in a rut!

Please inform us dumber folks whats the joke.

Niiiiice. Look forward to that.

Guys, c'mon. Clearly, Max is teaming up with Aksys to put Heavy Metal Thunder up on PSN as a PS2 Classic. I think it's long overdue, myself.

Silky

Banned
Here's a question for Melee/Smash fans;

In regards to Melee's popularity, would Super SF2: Turbo be the best SF to compare to in regards to it's competitive legacy?

I have never seen a BTTF or Indiana Jones flick and GAF always seems to give me shit every time it comes up.

Seriously have no interest in them.

Looks like Ain was getting the hang of things around the second/third match.

Both players are really good at putting on the pressure in the corner.

This is one of those cases of whoever gets the other in the corner first wins (most of the time) because it's hard to get out when your opponent is really good at keeping up the constant pressure.

alstein

Anyone know if the FC4 is PC compatible by any chance?

The FC3 was.

The dumbest decisions I made last gen:

- actually thinking Blazblue would be good
- giving away my FC3 to a girl so she could play Ys
- dating said girl in the first place (the fact this is on there in spite of the second point is a sign how dumb I was)

Top Bottom