• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 9-15 | Q Bomb is Top Tier

Aisha%20Tyler%20Ubisoft%20E3%202013.png

Aisha Taylor is easily the best thing so far this E3.

... You could actually be right.

I just want to see Ultra at Sony's conference. It is either the worst kept secret of all time or the strangest non-event of all time.

Either way would be nice to have some closure.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
... You could actually be right.

I just want to see Ultra at Sony's conference. It is either the worst kept secret of all time or the strangest non-event of all time.

Either way would be nice to have some closure.
You need leaks or at least something tangible pointing towards towards something for it to be a worst kept secret.

I still can't believe how far you guys are stretching pretty much nothing pointing towards USF4 on PS4. You all should know better.

I still can't believe how far you guys are stretching pretty much nothing pointing towards USF4 on PS4. You all should know better.

Nothing?

You get the PS4 cabs advertisement.
You get a PS4 USF4 arcade stick from Madcatz.
You have tweets from Ono with a PS4 pad on a Vewlix cab.

What exactly are you after?

Pics_nao

I'm disappointed by the lack of fighting game news today. Not even any KI Season 2 stuff and I couldn't give any less shits about KI

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can you imagine the crickets if USF4 showed up on the Sony Stage tonight and there isn't a Darkstalkers or bigger game they're pushing alongside it?

Hell, the biggest thing pointing towards it right now is the laundry list of Sony studios backing out of the E3 conference because they're not ready to show their projects.

Anyways, Humble E3 Bundle has pay-what-you want for one month of Twitch Turbo as well as pay more than average (currently just over $2) for MK Arcade Kollection.

Nothing?

Mr. Fantastic would be jealous. Aristotle rolling in his grave.

Nyoro SF

You need leaks or at least something tangible pointing towards towards something for it to be a worst kept secret.

If Ono had placed an Xbone controller next to the PS4 one in his little tweet teaser I'm sure your attitude would be a little different. Heh heh.

"This is NeoGAF."

"Believe."

TheMarvelPatch™

Nothing?

Marvel is dying & along with it a piece of Enzo is too. Let him be, he'll accept it sooner or later.

petghost

Banned
ya'll dont play bridget lets be real. no one does.

there are like 3 bridget players i know of in america and only one (very good one) in japan.

Kalamari

Maybe all the fg news is getting released tomorrow as to not get drowned out by the big presentations from today.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If Ono had placed an Xbone controller next to the PS4 one in his little tweet teaser I'm sure your attitude would be a little different. Heh heh.
Well, if you're assuming it'd be exclusive or they would gain anything from making it so (or that either Sony or MS would pay for exclusive ports of something like that), I think that's even more ridiculous.

But yeah I'll stop being a debbie downer and play along. Can't wait for MKvsRivalSchools soon!!!!

kirblar

Well, if you're assuming it'd be exclusive or they would gain anything from making it so (or that either Sony or MS would pay for exclusive ports of something like that), I think that's even more ridiculous.

But yeah I'll stop being a debbie downer and play along. Can't wait for MKvsRivalSchools soon!!!!
Trying to push FGs heavily on PS4 in order to help steal away the XBOX install base from the PS360 generation actually makes sense given that they're competing to get people on their MP subscription service.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sanford Kelly just tweeted that he has never seen somebody so salty.
Hell yes I'm still salty about Media Molecule pulling out.

Trying to push FGs heavily on PS4 in order to help steal away the XBOX install base from the PS360 generation actually makes sense given that they're competing to get people on their MP subscription service.
Stealing install bases using fighting games? Not even fighting games, but ports of existing, multiplatform fighting games?

..lol

Sony knows what it's doing. They're putting their money where it counts, fooling people into believing Destiny is a PS4 exclusive with everything they're throwing at it.

What do you think Microsoft got out of Killer Instinct?

Seems pretty straight forward. Sony want a fighting game to counter it, so they work out a port with Capcom (which would cost little given a PC version is just about done). Also gives people something to play with the USF4 arcade stick.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Hoping we see something from Capcom during the PS4 conference. Normally, they release their trailers early, and any other reveals come later after a conference show.

Pretty much, if nothing from Capcom directly during Sony's show...no other new games outside of DR3 on PC.

kirblar

Hell yes I'm still salty about Media Molecule pulling out.

Stealing install bases using fighting games? Not even fighting games, but ports of existing, multiplatform fighting games?

..lol

Sony knows what it's doing. They're putting their money where it counts, fooling people into believing Destiny is a PS4 exclusive with everything they're throwing at it.
People were getting XBOXes in Japan to play the genre online, lol. It's a margin that's pretty easy to go after, given that Anime games were already giving up on XBOX ports, and Tekken was at home on PS anyway. Capcom and NRS are the two other big pillars. NRS clearly doesn't need the money-hat help, but Capcom does.

In other, funnier things- "Here's how to punish EX Q Bomb" now features a copious amount of salt from Manny Fuerte in the comments! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sKVakpNGTE (Forgot that the link was from this thread, lol.)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Seems pretty straight forward. Sony want a fighting game to counter it, so they work out a port with Capcom.
Except that it's multiplatform already, and on top of that Microsoft wasn't trying to steal mindshare from Sony in the first place.

I guess Microsoft should try to get exclusivity on Puyo Puyo to fire back at Sony for Lumines, huh? Makes about as much sense.

smurfx

get some go again
Hoping we see something from Capcom during the PS4 conference. Normally, they release their trailers early, and any other reveals come later after a conference show.

Pretty much, if nothing from Capcom directly during Sony's show...no other new games outside of DR3 on PC.
what do you rate the ms conference?

alstein

Seems pretty straight forward. Sony want a fighting game to counter it, so they work out a port with Capcom (which would cost little given a PC version is just about done). Also gives people something to play with the USF4 arcade stick.

If Microsoft wanted the FG base, they need a 2nd major exclusive. 1 isn't enough. You need to make it hurt to not have a 360. With 1 exclusive it just hurts the game.

kirblar

If Microsoft wanted the FG base, they need a 2nd major exclusive. 1 isn't enough. You need to make it hurt to not have a 360. With 1 exclusive it just hurts the game.
I could totally see the next-gen game being PS4 only.

It would allow Sony to use the Capcom PT as cross-promotion for both companies.

Except that it's multiplatform already, and on top of that Microsoft wasn't trying to steal mindshare from Sony in the first place.

It isn't on PS4 or Xbox One, which is the relevant bit. I don't see why you wouldn't think Killer Instinct was designed to attract fighting game fans to purchase an Xbox One.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
what do you rate the ms conference?

7/10

+ Super solid, only games, talked about Kinect stuff for less than 60 seconds, huge Fall lineup. Tons of stuff in 2015.

- Lot of future titles were CG trailers. Nothing totally mindblowing/super hype.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It isn't on PS4 or Xbox One, which is the relevant bit. I don't see why you wouldn't think Killer Instinct was designed to attract fighting game fans to purchase an Xbox One.
But it's already out/coming to current consoles. You framed your argument as USF4 being an exclusive bargaining chip to attract people to the PS4 over the X1 right? Why would a port of a current gen title convince people to go one way or another, and especially for a game that, realistically, most of the fanbase isn't buying again because they've bought it at least once or twice already, or are currently offered more affordable options? Stop thinking about just the hardcore. KI was also poised as a launch title to drive early adoption; we're not at that stage anymore.

At this point, why not create Bloody Roar? Why not push GG Xrd? You don't buy exclusives of ports unless they're going to sell gangbusters out the gate, which is not happening with USF4. Sony would be better to either invest their money in exclusive, new experiences than old ones, and that's what's traditionally the case when it comes to "buying" exclusives. Ponying up for SF5 exclusivity makes much more sense.

To be very clear, I think there is a good chance that USF4 will come to next gen platforms. It makes sense for TOs and maybe even Capcom because they're stretching SF4 as wide as they can. And I would buy it should I ever pick up a PS4/X1. I however don't think that ignoring MarkMan telling y'all to not get your hopes up and ignoring the existence of an X1 stick (that is probably exclusively branded to KI) in favour of some ambiguous/typically trollish pictures and a very general ad that would not have been teased a year in advance of something as utterly insignificant as a PS4 port of a multiplatform game gives reason for it being a possibility (and furthermore, an exclusive at that). It's shitty reasoning, straight up and down.

Top Bottom