• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 2-8 | Capcom does the Monster Nash

Beckx

Ultra Battle Satellite in this week's Jump is like the plot of Street Fighter II meets eSports: walk around with a phone challenging other fighters to street fights, winning gets money for a prize and the whole thing is streamed to viewers to bet on outcomes.

from what i've gathered these are the international players who are confirmed going to final round:

daigo
mago
tokido
momochi (+ choco?)
infiltration
kitasenju
kazunoko
xian

did i miss anyone out? hopefully some top european players will be heading to fr as well.

Ryan Hart is in talks to get a sponsor in time for FR. Source: WSO stream on Capcom Fighters last night.

mbpm1

Ultra Battle Satellite in this week's Jump is like the plot of Street Fighter II meets eSports: walk around with a phone challenging other fighters to street fights, winning gets money for a prize and the whole thing is streamed to viewers to bet on outcomes.

I'd get hype

jbug617

Banned
I don't think Lapchi can do PPV for Canada Cup this year. It's a Premiere Event so USF4 will be on the Capcom Fighters channel and I don't think Capcom would do a PPV stream.

Malice215

Hopefully Canada Cup gets a lot of Japanese players.

I think it might be the last premier event for Capcom Cup

Unless MadCatz or r/Kappa is flying them out, I don't see that happening. Plus with more events around Japan to qualify through, it should lessen the need to fly halfway across the world to do so.

Also the last premier event is Dreamhack, so we'll see that last minute push from some players to try and qualify through there.

phaonaut

Unless MadCatz or r/Kappa is flying them out, I don't see that happening. Plus with more events around Japan to qualify through, it should lessen the need to fly halfway across the world to do so.

Also the last premier event is Dreamhack, so we'll see that last minute push from some players to try and qualify through there.

True there are more events to qualify for, but that pot bonus my drive some to travel a bit more.

I don't think Lapchi can do PPV for Canada Cup this year. It's a Premiere Event so USF4 will be on the Capcom Fighters channel and I don't think Capcom would do a PPV stream.

I doubt Canada Cup will do PPV, maybe just pay-walled HD stream quality again?
The PPV thing was only for the Master Series.

from what i've gathered these are the international players who are confirmed going to final round:

daigo
mago
tokido
momochi (+ choco?)
infiltration
kitasenju
kazunoko
xian
but

daigo
mago
tokido
momochi (+ choco?)
infiltration
kitasenju
kazunoko
xian

did i miss anyone out? hopefully some top european players will be heading to fr as well.

kazunoko is not confirmed. that fundraiser thing needs 800 more dollars and there are only 3 days left

Are you going to the Tourney in the Springs this saturday?
I didn't know there was one - I'm out of the loop! Between work and school, I don't go out much these days. Can you link me the deets? Attendance is unlikely, since I am supposed to visit my sister this weekend (Fort Carson).

Tik-Tok

I'll bet you that the exact opposite of this is true.
The pot is so large that you can expect many players to attend as many of these tourneys as possible to increase their chances of making it in to the Capcom Cup

Sako vs Louffy ft 10 gonna start soon

gotta postpone lunch until then smh

où est le stream, monsieur?

Taking registration on the facebook page. I actually don't see any fees. Probably 10 venue, 10 per tourney.
K. Do you know the lead systems for UMvC3, USFIV, and Xrd? Is it all happening on Saturday, with no Sunday overflow? This might be explained at the video, but I am proctoring a test and can't watch it right now. :p

I will do my best to come.

Skilletor

K. Do you know the lead systems for UMvC3, USFIV, and Xrd? Is it all happening on Saturday, with no Sunday overflow? This might be explained at the video, but I am proctoring a test and can't watch it right now. :p

I will do my best to come.

360 for UMvC3 and SF4, PS3 for Xrd.

No Sunday overflow. Tourney will probably be done by 9 or 10. I'm teaching until 1 Saturday, so I'll be there, but a bit late.

Regardless, we should get together sometime and play. Need to practice for EVO.

MechaX

Man, I was going to pay up for all of my EVO shit today (I missed out last year due to wisdom teeth removals), but I had to pay student loans.

Fuck the adult life.

kirblar

Poongko's only recently gotten back on the map in a big way. (Seth getting a buff didn't hurt.) He just had a slow year.

360 for UMvC3 and SF4, PS3 for Xrd.

No Sunday overflow. Tourney will probably be done by 9 or 10. I'm teaching until 1 Saturday, so I'll be there, but a bit late.

Regardless, we should get together sometime and play. Need to practice for EVO.
For sure. I just have to so little time. :-( I get home at 7PM Mon-Fri, and then I am usually doing school work over the weekend.

kirblar

Man, I was going to pay up for all of my EVO shit today (I missed out last year due to wisdom teeth removals), but I had to pay student loans.

Fuck the adult life.
Finally got Pay as you Earn straightened out completely this year. No more obnoxious calls.

shaowebb

put_ultron_in_mvc4

That...actually would make a lot of sense. Honestly given Marvel's current landscape I could see Ultron, Starlord, Groot, Drax, Gamora, Rocket Raccoon, Black Panther, Daredevil, Iron Fist,Quick Silver, Scarlet Witch, Luke Cage, Starlord, Cyclops, Silk, Jessica Jones, and some of the Shield Agents all having really strong oods at making up sections of a new MVC roster if it happened.

It'd be a pretty great, but at this point we know what it'd take to get it done...someone like Sony would have to pay for it to be done and for the license to get Capcom to do it for exclusivity. Other than that Disney would just outright have to decide they wanted to hire Capcom to do one for them.

Not gonna lie though...if Microsoft decided to pull a Sony and pay for a new MVC to happen in order to gain it as an exclusive I'd jump in.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Shao make sure you fully replace the character select placeholder art when your game releases.

image.php

Top Bottom