• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 18-24 | Forget it Jake, it's Capcom Town

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
i4IKDjCogAYBX.gif

Crocodile

So thinking about all the Kickstarter going on right now I'm reminded of topic of Rival Schools/Project Justice that came up recently. If Capcom put up a Kickstarter (a real way to gauge interest and reduce risk) and said "If y'all raise 1 million in a month we'll make a new Rival Schools with all the standard bells and whistles" would you reaction be "Scumbag Capcom!" or "Praised be to base Capcom!"?. Assume a 2.5 game with that producer whose name I'm blanking on who brought up the subject a few weeks ago at the helm for current gen systems and PC.

What has two thumbs and is hyped as fuck to be playing Ultra regularly again?

This guy.

Off topic: I hate today, partially because I'm a fucking idiot. I got a paper check this last pay period instead of my direct deposit that I thought was going to be mailed to me like last time. Turns out it was sitting in Payroll because THEY FUCKING FORGOT TO TELL ME and I just went out to buy a snack and I fucking forgot to deposit it even though it was in my car and I drove past my bank on the way to the store and back.

I'm gonna drink my Starbucks, eat my chocolate muffin and go to sleep. So pissed off at myself right now.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
So thinking about all the Kickstarter going on right now I'm reminded of topic of Rival Schools/Project Justice that came up recently. If Capcom put up a Kickstarter (a real way to gauge interest and reduce risk) and said "If y'all raise 1 million in a month we'll make a new Rival Schools with all the standard bells and whistles" would you reaction be "Scumbag Capcom!" or "Praised be to base Capcom!"?. Assume a 2.5 game with that producer whose name I'm blanking on who brought up the subject a few weeks ago at the helm for current gen systems and PC.

They would be shocked at how many people would throw money at them. I would honestly praise the person who was able to convince Capcom to let them do something like that. Other than that, I'd praise Capcom for trying to gauge the interest and let the fans determine what's being made, not what's making the most money.
Aside from that, a business gotta run somehow and its gotta find its bread winners ;_;

This guy.

Off topic: I hate today, partially because I'm a fucking idiot. I got a paper check this last pay period instead of my direct deposit that I thought was going to be mailed to me like last time. Turns out it was sitting in Payroll because THEY FUCKING FORGOT TO TELL ME and I just went out to buy a snack and I fucking forgot to deposit it even though it was in my car and I drove past my bank on the way to the store and back.

I'm gonna drink my Starbucks, eat my chocolate muffin and go to sleep. So pissed off at myself right now.

Just go do it tomorrow lol, I don't see the reason why you need to beat yourself up. Its just a check, it won't burst into flames if you leave it alone for a couple of hours.

This guy.

A lot of banks allow you to send you the check electronically. I have an app on my phone where I can take a snapshot of the front and back of the check i want to cash and it will go through after a portion of it is held for a couple days.

It's not even that it's a huge deal. It's that work sucked today so I'm in a bad enough mood and the fact that I forgot something so small irritates me to no end.

At least I got my comics in the mail today.

Kumubou

This whole concept of publishers treating Kickstarter as a giant focus group is a bit unsettling, mainly because it just openly states that they have no idea how to judge the market. Even with there being more and more clear there's an under-serviced part of the market for certain genres and budget levels, everyone is afraid to make an investment. Yeah they won't make AAA dollars, but the smaller publishers were never sniffing that, anyway.

At the very least, it makes a ton of business sense, as that pre-buy data from Kickstarter is immensely valuable and does help lower risk profiles -- which means I can't see Capcom ever doing it. That and Capcom is bloated enough that floating a Kickstarter to test the waters on a Rival Schools game with a $10M budget is not going to move the needle on their financials.

Rhapsody

Banned
Someone might've mentioned this earlier, but both 3 day passes for Evo are sold out. Only 2 day passes are left.

I forget, did Evo even have 2 day passes previous years?

petghost

Banned
Played tvc for the first time ever with a friend. Game seems ridiculously fun! Wish it was on more platforms and not super dead.

?
as in it's not a problem to make?

As it is, and always will be, perceived more badly than anything done in 3D like Zlatko explained earlier in the topic. The examples in the article are nailing it and the pixel artist writing it is now abandonning pixel art for 2D games.

Top Bottom