• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 20-26 | MRN died so Guilty Gear could live!

JeTmAn81

Now Unknowns_pushup_bra: lol

Was just going to post this. Along with this:

900x900px-LL-b29d2a2c_131477628349-george-takei-oh-my.jpeg

neogaf_brian: teol im from neogaf and we are all friendly and top players :)

Ok, I have no clue if we have another troll or not.

The "friendly and top players" part makes me think troll.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
neogaf_brian: teol im from neogaf and we are all friendly and top players :)

Ok, I have no clue if we have another troll or not.

The "friendly and top players" part makes me think troll.
I think he meant to type "brain" instead of "brian." Even still, I don't know.

are they really defending fanatiq?
I missed the beginning of the conversation, but they think Keits triggered Fanatiq's reaction when he took a reasonable request for how seeding etc. works and Keits started talking about player preference and stuff.

soakrates

only played the game for about 5 mins doing the tutorial so i shouldn't have a valid opinion, but vf's throw game seems weird to me. why can you hold guard+punch to escape throws? when the tutorial told me that you can defend against mid/high attacks + throws simultaneously using this technique, i was confused. isn't the point of blocking is that it's supposed to make you vulnerable to being thrown? as a grappler at heart, it really didn't leave a good first impression on me.
Others have mentioned how the throw escapes work, but what the tutorial shows you after that is what's called fuzzy guard. It's a pretty strong defensive option select, but it will only work at -5 or better and there are ways of dealing with it, such as delaying throws, low sweeps, delayed mids, etc. Some characters also have low throws or guard breaks that punish careless fuzzy guarding.

gaf_gods_beard: Unkn0wn would have won if he used more Magnetic Blasts. Magnetic Blasts are the best projectile and you should just throw them out whenever.

Never change GAF.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Omg the top comment on the Unkn0wn video :lol

I'm sorry that FGC meme is still funny to me.

gaf_gods_beard: Unkn0wn would have won if he used more Magnetic Blasts. Magnetic Blasts are the best projectile and you should just throw them out whenever.

Never change GAF.
He even read it out loud :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Unknowns_brassiere: <message deleted>
Gaf_monster: PIRATE? WHAT THE HELL, YOU SCUM? WHO DOWNLOADS ILEGALLY? IF AMIr0X WAS HERE HE WOULD BAN YOU RIGHT AWAY! From the NeoGAF forums, of course.
Gaf_smedwicks: A 2 year old port of a busted game coming to PC? Is Marvel 3 finally getting ported?!

This is GOLD.

Beckx

Question. Why does Fanatiq carry water for Knives? Seems like all of these events are triggered by "Knives needed this."

Knives sounds like the smart one, Fanatiq takes the heat. And the publicity, I guess.

gaf_smedwicks: Nonsense, NeoGaf is your premiere source for all Marvel theory patch talk, which we obviously use to dominate tournaments Kappa

These GAF stream monsters do know how we work.

When the GAF monsters converge, stream chats die.

gaf_monster: Enzo_gt is not officially blacklisted from the FGC threads. Dude is an xbot for real. He would suck ballmer's kof if he could.
gaf_smedwicks: Everyone knows the real gaf posters have gaf in their names and the fakes don't. That next level mindgame is why NeoGaf is superior Kreygasm
dahbomb_neogaf: vergil came to visit me at night, and he patched my copy of marvel <3
gaf_professorbeef: WE on GAF side with Keits end of story

gaf_smedwicks: Lando has an account on NeoGaf, what the fuck are all your excuses? Kappa

He has a point, if Lando can get a GAF account, other FGC'ers should be able to no problem. Especially if Lando hasn't gotten banned.

gaf_professorbeef: we don't need fraud Slik on GAF I'm all in favor for Triforce

Lol

Dahbomb

I have dreamt about Ono coming and patching my game with a version no one has played before and he personally wanted my input on it.

Actually it was Ono dressed up as Vergill....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
THE ANSWER, or anyone else from Mexico or who knows, is there a stream for Japonawa 2013? I can't seem to find a stream link for that or AEX Dream Fight 2013 (Italy) either.

Kadey is warping into a Sony fangirl
Warping?

She took an axe to her 360 LOL She is the anti-Enzo GAF deserves.

EDIT: That GIF is amazing, for the Paywall Buster text alone.

Bluerei perma'd?
No way, for the current ban? Where did you hear this?

sephi22

Dahbomb_neogaf: i dreamt about vergi last night <3 <3
Dahbomb_neogaf: vergil came to visit me at night, and he patched my copy of marvel <3

KuGsj.gif

Bahahaha
I love these monsters. Can't lie.

If only my GAF personality was strong enough to spawn a funny stream monster.

the gaf chat monsters are pretty hilarious

anyways anybody have some suggestions for cheap hotels near the evo venue? :(
Thursday - Sunday is about $300 something at Harrah's

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
8794723044_8daa3a21e4_c.jpg

Mad Catz is proud to be the official FightStick partner of EVO 2013. We will be supporting this event in a big way this year and we hope you make it out and see what we have to share with the community and the gaming world.

http://evo.shoryuken.com

!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
8794723044_8daa3a21e4_c.jpg

Mad Catz is proud to be the official FightStick partner of EVO 2013. We will be supporting this event in a big way this year and we hope you make it out and see what we have to share with the community and the gaming world.

http://evo.shoryuken.com

!
Next gen sticks to be announced at EVO, along with a showcase of MCZ next gen controllers that are unveiled earlier at E3.

Confirmed.

Top Bottom