• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 4-10 | WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

9W7MylK.png

Its just weird to see them lose like that. I thought they would have a punish combo or a setup after knockdown but then again, I can't tell what moves are safe or not.

mbpm1

Its just weird to see them lose like that. I thought they would have a punish combo or a setup after knockdown but then again, I can't tell what moves are safe or not.

what can you expect when they barely went into the training room and looked up pretty much none of the prodigous amount of information online. they did this to themselves lol

Shouta

Well, thanks to folks actually looking around the PS4 menu, The pad issue looks like it has a solution. Who would have thought Sony realized they needed an option to erase controllers from their system, lol

Maybe they're acting.

Maybe they are, in which case i don't like this kind of self-deprecating entertainment. And maybe they aren't.

I feel like there's already too much short-sighted hating on games going on in the FGC. Don't really need popular streamers to add to that.

what can you expect when they barely went into the training room and looked up pretty much none of the prodigous amount of information online. they did this to themselves lol

They are play the role of a new MK player, a vessel to fill with salt for our entertainment. Mike Ross pretends to mash and makes his famous read but does the opposite. Gootecks is a method actor so he didn't grind training mode or combos for the realist reactions.

mbpm1

They are play the role of a new MK player, a vessel to fill with salt for our entertainment. Mike Ross pretends to mash and makes his famous read but does the opposite. Gootecks is a method actor so he didn't grind training mode or combos for the realist reactions.

This is what I assume. Fortunately this act won't be going on much longer, bc Aris is coming.

fader

I didn't expect those two to be so mentally weak. They're not going to practice decently at all, still expect to win for some reason, and when that doesn't happen blame the game and quit. That is some scrubby shit.

yea I agree. I'm pretty sure they were just joking to try to be entertaining but It really came off as they meant it and it was not an enjoyable series.

petghost

Banned

I dno man just cuz they don't like the game doesn't mean they are mentally weak or something... Their criticisms of mk aren't very deep but I can tell you just from looking at the game that There is a bunch of stuff I find unappealing about it not even counting the aesthetics.

I think people just get upset when people don't appreciate a game they like. Now y'all now how anime players feel all the time.

xCobalt

It's a silly reason but every time I watch Injustice I get annoyed seeing a character get KO'd, stand back up, then slouch back down at the end of each round.

It's a silly reason but every time I watch Injustice I get annoyed seeing a character get KO'd, stand back up, then slouch back down at the end of each round.

I could understand if DC made demands to not show one of their characters be knocked out, but why NRS didn't just make unique animations for losing I don't know.

Why are you guys taking Excellent adventures seriously, Its supposed to be fun, entertaining, and keep you coming back so they can make 5 cents off the videos. If they wanted to be serious it would just be Gootecks doing Aegis Reflector combos for 20 min each week, which I would actually enjoy.

I could understand if DC made demands to not show one of their characters be knocked out, but why NRS didn't just make unique animations for losing I don't know.

It's funny because if you were to take their match loss animation and make it their 1st round loss animation, it would be perfect.

Kumubou

what issue?
Wireless controllers causing "Player 3" pauses when another tournament game is going on after getting randomly turned on in a bag. Basically, the PS4 lets you forcefully disassociate controllers from a system from the system menu, which is handy when you have a situation where up to 32 controllers could plausibly be paired to a PS4.

Sigmaah

I find it tough to play, personally, but its definitely a spectator friendly game. Just watching casuals, aside from fatalities, is great.

If you can play marvel you can deff play mkx. It ain't that confusing once you sit down and be like aight, lemme figure out how shit works real quick and bam you're in there.

zlatko

Banned
GAF:

Talk dirty to me about Rival Schools.

I missed out entirely on this franchise back in the day. I sadly didn't get into fighting games hard until vanilla SF4. :(

Some old school recommendations I have a lot of love for. (SF3, Dark Stalkers, Garou,etc)

Wireless controllers causing "Player 3" pauses when another tournament game is going on after getting randomly turned on in a bag. Basically, the PS4 lets you forcefully disassociate controllers from a system from the system menu, which is handy when you have a situation where up to 32 controllers could plausibly be paired to a PS4.

ah ok

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
for me, MK9 looked extremely stiff. MKX just looks so much more fluid when its in motion.
I've had a really limited hands-on with MKX, but from what I've played my biggest takeaway was that it seems like another incremental upgrade in fluidity just like going from MK9 -> Injustice.

Top Bottom