• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 4-10 | WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!

Anne

Well that was out of nowhere.

Anyways, correct me if I'm wrong, but in this version Leo got mostly buffs but it's not really anything that actually helps him for the most part is it?

No, Leo got buffs and he's an actual character now haha.

No, Leo got buffs and he's an actual character now haha.

I know his projectile got a much needed range buff (altho sadly still nerfed from the first loketest, I want that full stage sonic boom damn it), but I don't remember the other buffs looking too significant from what I remember. What helped him?

Sayad

Speaking of Bloodborne, I've been playing a lot of the PvP since they (kinda) fixed the matchmaking and it's garbage. Risk/reward on dashing and guns is too dumb and those things seem so central to the way the PvE is balanced that I'd be surprised if they really change it. Then there's the issues with lack of variety, etc.

Too bad because Dark Souls 2 PvP is super legit. Bloodborne has some masterful PvE tho. I'll be there day one for any DLC because the PvE is the truth.
Couldn't really get into it, missed around with Blade of Mercy few weeks after launch, and tried an Arcane Rifle Spear for a day last week, the thing is more broken than Phoenix in Vanilla MVC3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bzsYu0nONQ

You literally could get away with just mashing L2 against most people online.

Rhapsody

Banned
I know his projectile got a much needed range buff (altho sadly still nerfed from the first loketest, I want that full stage sonic boom damn it), but I don't remember the other buffs looking too significant from what I remember. What helped him?

Better frame advantage off of jD, better hitboxes, slower H sonic boom, and some other small things that added up.

xeolleth

Neo Member

Ep2CWRK.jpg

If I have no PS4 by the time Tekken 7 drops I'm buying one that day.

There's been so many hints towards it being a PC release, I would have to think they changed their minds if it doesn't come out. Maybe all the problems with MKX did it.

I've bought a playstation for every Tekken since 2, and I guess I'll do it again if PC isn't an option.

Might reconsider myself if they don't put Lei or some variation of Lei in though.

Beckx

GAF:

Talk dirty to me about Rival Schools.

I missed out entirely on this franchise back in the day. I sadly didn't get into fighting games hard until vanilla SF4. :(

Some old school recommendations I have a lot of love for. (SF3, Dark Stalkers, Garou,etc)

As others have said, the big draw is the character design and set up. I love the story mode. Shoma and Akira are two of my favorite fighting game characters. I don't think the mechanics hold up quite as well as some other PSX era fighters (IMO Bushido Blade still holds up, for example).

-------------

Whoa, per donkeyshow, EXVS Full Boost is getting an update with new units! FA Unicorn, Sandrock Kai, Char's Zaku II! Maxi may be the new hotness, but FB is more alive than Marvel :D

Beckx

Word. Not even sure I'll call it irrelevant. If Namco decided to make a new one they'll easily make bank off it imo

Bring back Li Long and weapon master single player content, I'll be there day 1

(I don't care if he's dead. Make it a prequel. Reboot the whole mess. The Soul Edge story was way cooler than what came after.)

zlatko

Banned
Anyone in FGW GAF want to buy my near mint XB1 with Kinect? :)

You know you want to get in on that Killer Instinct bros!

DunpealD

It's a pretty huge update. Popular suits from the new arcade version. New way to get DLC for free. Bunch of quality of life changes. Balance changes aka NERF ReGZ
and Norn
. It's a pretty huge update.

I am so hype.

Whaaaat?! Balance changes in an EXVS update and a way to use dlc units for free? Is this real life?

petghost

Banned
How's xrd venom doing nowadays? They make bishop run out cool yet?

This version seemed kinda boring without lightning balls or his fbs but only relative to earlier games I guess...he will always be interesting.

In other news robo fortune is really fun.

Malice215

Word. Not even sure I'll call it irrelevant. If Namco decided to make a new one they'll easily make bank off it imo

They're still making money off the game they already have out there, and they'll do the same for the next game if they add a bunch of stuff for casual folk.

Kalamari

At best I'd hope for year end.

I don't think there is any rush for Bamco, Maxi is probably still doing well in arcades and if they can make a few bucks with console dlc, they will continue to release it.

Also, woah that update, it seems like there is an option to avoid saving of win/loss player data, so we won't have to stress over w/l% while playing casually. And Navis and HUDs can be earned permanently with GP!

alstein

If I have no PS4 by the time Tekken 7 drops I'm buying one that day.

The only titles that would make me consider a next-gen console are a good VF6 or SC6, and for both of those I'd be waiting for reviews and a couple of weeks first, and even then, if SF5 is good I'll just give them up.

Top Bottom