• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 4-10 | WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!

dahbomb pls
jbxDLj8qgjnnyA.png

edit: he has risen
b3ppQUe.png

Uraizen

Banned
NRS isnt doing anything to help keep the current fanbase with the shitty online. They've already pretty much destroyed the PC community. 30k to 3k in 1 week. And it's only going to go lower after that patch.

Yup, I admit to only booting it up after each patch to see what it fixes. Last time I did that, I lost my save that had the Krypt fully unlocked.

Yea the PC MKX launch is a disaster. Console is definitely way to go for that franchise from a consumer standpoint.

In other news I can't believe I'm now a junior member again and can't make threads on NeoGaf. Blows my mind.

zlatko

Banned
Yea the PC MKX launch is a disaster. Console is definitely way to go for that franchise from a consumer standpoint.

In other news I can't believe I'm now a junior member again and can't make threads on NeoGaf. Blows my mind.
Whatcha do?

Mod bot closed a thread of mine yesterday and didn't even say why :/

Whatcha do?

Mod bot closed a thread of mine yesterday and didn't even say why :/

On Nov 30th 2014 I made a thread about some girl who supposedly won the lottery and said she was going to give 1k via paypal to the first 50k to person that tweeted, liked and followed her on instagram and twitter. It winded up not happening(I never got any money but apparently theres a pic that some people did) not sure if she got overwhelmed with request or whatever, but yeah now it's like it never happened cuz now the instagram account doesn't even exist anymore. I was just looking out for fellow NeoGaf members. =/

Tripon

On Nov 30th 2014 I made a thread about some girl who supposedly won the lottery and said she was going to give 1k via paypal to the first 50k to person that tweeted, liked and followed her on instagram and twitter. It winded up not happening(I never got any money but apparently theres a pic that some people did) not sure if she got overwhelmed with request or whatever, but yeah now it's like it never happened cuz now the instagram account doesn't even exist anymore. I was just looking out for fellow NeoGaf members. =/

Dude, you fell for a scam.

Beckx

Don't worry Shamoo, when you go into threads, just keep reminding people that you're a normal member with thread posting privileges removed. That should take care of everything.

jbug617

Banned
Saw a MK X Jason commercial yesterday and they said it's the best selling game in the US. Probably win the NPD for April.

Hey guys I just won the lottery for 400 million dollars, I promise to give one million dollars to the first 50 people that give me $500.

Like, super promise.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";162948892]Hey guys I just won the lottery for 400 million dollars, I promise to give one million dollars to the first 50 people that give me $500.

Like, super promise.[/QUOTE]

Paypal link bruh

Beckx

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";162948892]Hey guys I just won the lottery for 400 million dollars, I promise to give one million dollars to the first 50 people that give me $500.

I would but I'm locked out of my bank account right now. I was trying to help this former president of some third world country but I haven't heard from him in a while and am starting to get worried. :/

Mr. X

Fighting Game secrets pro-players don't want you to know! Send $100 to find out!

These DmC Truestyle vids just highlight how annoying "do X to make vulnerable" enemies are ugh,

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";162949327]Question of the week: Would you rather have 500 dollars or no dollars? Send me 500 dollars to find out the answer.[/QUOTE]

I would rather marathon an Anime series. Pay me 500 dollars and I will.
Oh god. please don't I am joking

El Sloth

Banned
What is this #WongNation thing Justin is doing?
That's just how he refers to his Twitch fans/some twitter followers. Like the same way Max refers to his as 'Dudes' or Yipes as his 'Monsters'.

Just him doing his hustle and trying to build up his brand.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
NRS isn't at fault for loss of interest.

This happens with every fighting game. They unlock the single player content, they get destroyed online, and they're done.

The actual competitive community is not going to grow just by making a game with casual appeal. That is only the first step. The devs have to incentivize improvement and continuously playing, and they have to do it in a way that anyone can do, not necessarily throw money at a big offline/online tournament.

I appreciate the answer Juicebox, since I've only recently started learning about the fighting game community a while back, I lack a lot of knowledge when it comes to the logistics behind it. My only question is, if you are willing to answer, how would they incentivize continuous play for all types of players? That's what I threw the whole money pot thing out cause people who are hungry for it will go for it.

Mabushin the player that won Marvel at KVO said the Nemo era is over. Nemo wants to money match him over the shit talking.

Slight tangent to this statement, I would love to see Nemo get destroyed by Justin. Money match arrangement pls

Bruh

Clawww

but it requires you to work too much :<

that's one thing that pains me about fighting games. crazy playstyles and concepts tend to be balanced by being extremely cumbersome and are therefore never actually viable. you could design some crazy shit if balance weren't a constraint, and I'd love to see it, but it probably wouldn't be playable.

Hopefully it gets fixed or reviewed by a mod or something. It feels like I got leftback on NeoGaf or something. I only noticed I couldn't make a thread when I actually tried to make one after the fact and was like wtfffffffffffffffff lol. I never got pmed or anything.

you and dahbomb have something to talk about now

What's that? he can't make threads either? lol he atleast got a custom title lol

And yeah this is pretty funny, I laughed when he said the line about smash bros.

Lol, they got bodied pretty easy. It is funny how MKX calculates your success rate before the start of battle lmao.

Yeah, "Junior Member," just like yours.

Oh for some reason i was mistaking him for gods beard. Woops.

Geeeeeezzz Dahbomb's been here since 2006 and with 49k post??? At that rate I might even be dead by the time I can make another thread. Holy fuck, thats crazy.

mbpm1

I didn't expect those two to be so mentally weak. They're not going to practice decently at all, still expect to win for some reason, and when that doesn't happen blame the game and quit. That is some scrubby shit.

Makes me not want to watch any of their vids anymore.

Maybe they're acting.

I didn't expect those two to be so mentally weak. They're not going to practice decently at all, still expect to win for some reason, and when that doesn't happen blame the game and quit. That is some scrubby shit.

Makes me not want to watch any of their vids anymore.

Well despite their experience and knowledge as competitors, they're mostly just entertainers now. I don't expect them to seriously get into this game, that would probably be another story.

Top Bottom