• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 20-26 | RIP PushaTee88

so let's discuss the actual match and the mechanics.

viscant had some major issues punishing whiffs. he would go for a grab or a sweep with bison.

LTG had movement down but he seemed to be playing the mid range game to the max and not capitalizing on hits.

i can take em both :B

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
so let's discuss the actual match and the mechanics.

viscant had some major issues punishing whiffs. he would go for a grab or a sweep with bison.

LTG had movement down but he seemed to be playing the mid range game to the max and not capitalizing on hits.

i can take em both :B

I still stand by this
LTG's defense is worse than my ability to walk

Once Viscant was on top of him he just literally kept mashing shit not knowing what to do. Like literally that one match Viscant could have just doing scissor kicks over and over and not stop and he probably would have won.

Viscant kinda fits the profile, of an anime player, though.

And plays Marvel.
Nope, Marvel is not anime.
Everyone knows Marvel is anime though, even Yipes said it was.
Yipes just making jokes.
Viscant hates anime but he does play Marvel though.

Viscant used to love anime and used to watch Sailor Moon until he went to an animecon, watched some hentai and had a drunk "cosplay incident". After that he cursed anime as evil forever.
Or maybe he grew up and others around him didn't. Anime, like footie pajamas should end at a certain age.

MiniBoss' "anime" routine is the cutest thing ever. It's like the kid in 4th grade who picks on a crush because he can't spit it out. :lol

I hate anime. Anime is for jerks.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Or maybe he grew up and others around him didn't. Anime, like footie pajamas should end at a certain age.
Sorry there is plenty of anime that kids don't really like that is aimed at older audiences. Even moreso with Manga.

It's like saying you should stop watching tv, playing video games, stop reading books and stop going out to movies.

hitsugi

Viscant used to love anime and used to watch Sailor Moon until he went to an animecon, watched some hentai and had a drunk "cosplay incident". After that he cursed anime as evil forever.

What story is this? It comes off sounding like a single incident rather than something that lasted much, much longer.

kirblar

Ah, so he's like one of those closeted fire and brimstone preachers.

I still stand by this

Once Viscant was on top of him he just literally kept mashing shit not knowing what to do. Like literally that one match Viscant could have just doing scissor kicks over and over and not stop and he probably would have won.

The difference between someone who's been through this process before and knows how to learn as opposed to someone who just whines about shit.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
This weekend and next are going to be insane :)

Waiting at the airport for my connecting flight to Singapore. Make sure you guys tune in to CPT Asia Finals! Then Master Cup 7 with me and my man Sp00ky!

Personally speaking, while I would not have handled this thing like Viscant did (Twitter bashing then challenging the guy to a MM to "settle" things) I would still have been offended by the comments. I am a bit on the skinny side myself and people have accused me of drug use too even though I work in the medical field and I fully advocate drug prevention. Normally if people say I play too much video games or watch too much anime I just take it in slight jest but when the insults start to seep into what you do as a living or how you look then that's too much for me.

Do they know each other? I'm not familiar with their history.

Why would a strangers (and somebody you don't interact with at work or personal life really) comments or opinions offend you.

It's like these dumbasses at sports games who catch feelings over causal shit talk and make it all personal, making the stadium experience suck. Alcohol plays a big part of this though I admit, lol.

"This isn't about me being good. This is about him being trash."
196fuarapyylmgif.gif

Do they know each other? I'm not familiar with their history.

Why would a strangers (and somebody you don't interact with at work or personal life really) comments or opinions offend you.

It's like these dumbasses at sports games who catch feelings over causal shit talk and make it all personal, making the stadium experience suck. Alcohol plays a big part of this though I admit, lol.

Because of the fact that you don't know what can piss someone off. Something people take really seriously and from the looks of things, calling Viscant a meth head when he takes care of people who has from issues from Drugs.

I wouldn't call anyone who has somethings they get offended about certain things dumbasses though because everyone has that one thing that can piss em off. You're making jokes at another expense, its bound that jokes get taken too far.

Because of the fact that you don't know what can piss someone off. Something people take really seriously and from the looks of things, calling Viscant a meth head when he takes care of people who has from issues from Drugs.

I wouldn't call anyone who has somethings they get offended about certain things dumbasses though because everyone has that one thing that can piss em off. You're making jokes at another expense, its bound that jokes get taken too far.

Me personally, a random person on the internet saying on twitter I do so and so drug would not offend me, or would I get pissed about it or I would just brush if off. If they have personal dealings and history, then that is different.

But I am a nobody on the internet, maybe if I mattered, I would get pissed.

Or I am old I just don't care anymore, hehe.

I was trailing off on sports. But that super annoys me too when drunk dudes get all pissy and want to fight if you say their team sucks in joking manner. Sports fans sometimes....

And as a side note, I have listened to lots of commentary over the years, and alot of these guys on the mic are making jokes at random players expense. If all those guys watched the archives and got pissed and took it to another level and got mad at the commentators, would you be ok with it?

IDK, I just thought this whole thing was dumb. From reading that twitter messages, and what happened at WNF. It wasn't really hype. It's not a true rivalry. There are not mad at each other cause they want to win and don't like losing to each other, they are mad about something else and using SF4 as a way to settle it .

I am probably alone on this, I know, hehe.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Let's not forget that if said video got popular and people started making memes about Viscant being a drug abuser how would that look when people do background checks on him ;)

Let's not forget that if said video got popular and people started making memes about Viscant being a drug abuser how would that look when people do background checks on him ;)

I read on the internet that Bill Murray beats his wife and Richard Gere sticks gerbils up his ass, they still get plenty of work ;)

That reads like false equivalence to me.

Backchecks do not do random google searches on you looking for memes about you.

From the jobs I have worked, they check your criminal history and financial records, or anything else that might relate to your job duties. A recruiter told sometimes they might check your overseas travel history.

I guess if he applied at a job at the DEA, they might take LTGs vids and comments about him seriously. I would hope the background check would be more extensive to just see that twitter exchange and YT and stop there. I would hope.

True, he could get blackballed like Mel Gibson. But he did something, on tape. He is not caught on tape doing meth.

I do admit, sometimes rumors within a circle of intertwined people can affect getting a job in that same industry.

At the end of the day, Viscant came out on top and stood up for himself. You can see it in LTGs body language he was getting flustered. He changed characters 4 times and still lost. I'd rather the trash talk than an actual "street fight".

yeah this ended the best way it could.

Settled it in a non physical manner.

at my most enjoyment of the circus show.

FGC, we know pointless but entertaining DRAMA

ElTopo

Banned

I'm not doing anything why'd I get hit dude! Hahahahahahahahaha! Online play only the shitty may apply! *snort*

yeah this ended the best way it could.

Settled it in a non physical manner.

at my most enjoyment of the circus show.

FGC, we know pointless but entertaining DRAMA

FGC| Gentlemen, no fighting in the war room!

I really enjoy the drama and LTG serves a purpose of entertainer and provocateur but hit that nerve on Viscant. LTG doesn't seem like the kind of guy to make is physical, I hope.

Can you even punish the Rolento rolls?! I saw him use standing MK, since cr.MP didn't reach. I know those tigerknee'd knives are safe. What was so impressive was how Viscant clued in on Rose's slide, cr MP and simply doing nothing.

Ky's definitely going to be one of my mains in GGXrd now. Getting more comfortable with him and have some decent strings for wake-up pressure/combos.

Backchecks do not do random google searches on you looking for memes about you.

From the jobs I have worked, they check your criminal history and financial records, or anything else that might relate to your job duties. A recruiter told sometimes they might check your overseas travel history.

I guess if he applied at a job at the DEA, they might take LTGs vids and comments about him seriously. I would hope the background check would be more extensive to just see that twitter exchange and YT and stop there. I would hope.

True, he could get blackballed like Mel Gibson. But he did something, on tape. He is not caught on tape doing meth.

I do admit, sometimes rumors within a circle of intertwined people can affect getting a job in that same industry.

I'm just saying that comparing a celebrity getting work to someone who's not a celebrity doesn't really compare well. I think people checking out what you are associated with before hiring for whatever is more common now and probably is job dependent like you said. That said I don't think some memes will impede Viscant's future employ-ability.

Cant you just dash and grab after the rolento roll?

are the blanka jabs or standing bison mk that viscant was doing the only way to punish that?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Speaking of Ky now that I've seen more of his optimal play he looks a bit more fun to play now than he did a few months ago. So I'm not as bummed out anymore.

I'm not doing anything why'd I get hit dude! Hahahahahahahahaha! Online play only the shitty may apply! *snort*

That being said, "Black DSP" is a hilarious insult. Fair enough LTG felt offended by a racist comment I just think like how [insert human category] DSP is now a thing.
Cant you just dash and grab after the rolento roll?

are the blanka jabs or standing bison mk that viscant was doing the only way to punish that?
Slide, Double Knees Press and (I think) Psycho Crusher. Dunno about Blanka.

Fraeon

So guys...

Did the PC patch released a while ago improve the online at all? Just thinking about dipping my toes into SF4 again but the netcode part is pretty important.

Top Bottom