• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 20-26 | RIP PushaTee88

Krassus

Does anything physical ever pop off at arcades nowadays? Its been 10+ years since I lived in them as a kid but in Miami at least you kept things calm as much as possible. There was at least once a month someone who threw stools through an arcade machine or that flipped tables turning a place inside out.

Malice215

I can see why some are turned off by it because the beef was real. I rather see things not escalate into personal insults and putting things in people's mouths, but that's also why so many were tuned in to watch. Plus you could always watch something else if it really made you feel some type of way.

These grudges are entertaining for now, but I prefer to see a grudge/rivalry with two players at the top of their game. That's what's missing from WNF because the top players either don't have beef, too hollywood, or they don't go to compete. And eventually, people are going to get tired of see LTG get his ass beat.

Village

This fits perfectly with her. I love it. Capcom should definitely look to the PC mod community for regular updates for skins, maybe have a competition every six months for regular skin updates with a respectable prize (assuming the Japanese devs would go for it).

I think It would be great if that could happen for sf4, however I feel it might be a bit too late for this game

It would be nice if they could do it for 5, I think having a creative community like this can really expand the player base. It can allow people to be apart of the community in other creative aspects that doesn't necessarily have to be playing the video game. And while sure the console community might have to get special pics from the PC community , maybe they could do something to make it easier to download for them. And they could provide a bunch of things to give people a more personalized SF exsperience

Minor model edits
vpKk8wy.jpg

To entire costumes
nilj7BH.jpg

Maybe just colors
EfjZLWT.jpg

Stages
BcLUtDg.jpg

Menus
IW606lQ.jpg

Things for Gooteks
chun_li_adidas_workout_costume_by_brinkmk-d465d9p.jpg

, you know stuff for everyone

I firmly believe that multilayer non mmo focused games like these should support more community content. That its just good for everyone, and hell if you set it up right peeps in your community could make money off of it. Which could draw even more peope in. I think more fighting games should allow for this sort of thing.

number47

sf4 should be supported with micro transactions, dlcs. costumes,and stages.
that reminds me. all characters should have a special perfect animation.
((or if they had more time ,different poses for different types of wins))
k brad pointed it out. if decapres taunt is so awesome,i shouldn't get to see it after a regular win.
the pc community should just do its own thing. all that extra customization to the splash page is just pretty.

Dahbomb

Mad =/= passionate I feel. He's playing him in a game he doesn't even like.

And yeah Valle instigating is why I tuned out. He was so lame lol. like a high school kid telling telling someone how someone else just called their mom a bitch
Son why were you even watching this in the first place? You don't even like MMs to begin with.

hitsugi

That MM was sad. In the old days someone would have just shattered a cabinet screen or thrown a stool, and today we have WWE-like nonsense between two players who stare at each other...... not saying one is better than the other; they're both just bad.

Viscant won, so that's something.

That MM was sad. In the old days someone would have just shattered a cabinet screen or thrown a stool, and today we have WWE-like nonsense between two players who stare at each other...... not saying one is better than the other; they're both just bad.

Viscant won, so that's something.

that's how it went down? reminds me of that event were jago and mike ross had a mervel 3 grudge match at gootek was trying to make it sound interesting.

Mike Ross totally beat Jago so bad he bopped his ass out of the FGC. Now he's doing struggle breakdancing in public places for pennies.

Further proof that Mike Ross is the GOAT

I can see why some are turned off by it because the beef was real. I rather see things not escalate into personal insults and putting things in people's mouths, but that's also why so many were tuned in to watch. Plus you could always watch something else if it really made you feel some type of way.

These grudges are entertaining for now, but I prefer to see a grudge/rivalry with two players at the top of their game. That's what's missing from WNF because the top players either don't have beef, too hollywood, or they don't go to compete. And eventually, people are going to get tired of see LTG get his ass beat.
Nothing like this happens in Europe. This stuff is entertaining as heck to the entire world. No offense, but Americas drama is (one of many reasons) why people watch.

"It's just a video game" Lowtiergod said just days after he talked about beating up Viscant
But man I wanna hear Viscant shit talk more often
Yeah I know. That was hilarious!

For those who say it's staged.
Jay Snyder @JayViscant · 8h 8 hours ago

I got under control a little bit towards the end but I was still playing angry. To people saying that's staged...nah, I legit hate that kid

FGW | LowTierGod: FGC Junior Member

hitsugi

that's how it went down? reminds me of that event were jago and mike ross had a mervel 3 grudge match at gootek was trying to make it sound interesting.

I don't really recall jago and mike ross but I know neither Jay or LTG like each other.. but the whole thing with Valle between them with the mic and whatnot just felt unnecessary.

"It's just a video game" Lowtiergod said just days after he talked about beating up Viscant

But man I wanna hear Viscant shit talk more often

does anyone have a link to the trash talk between CJ Showstopper and Viscant at SCR 2013? it was more in good fun, but it still funny as fuck

Dahbomb

The Mike Ross vs Jago thing was the most contrived and fake shit that the FGC has ever seen. The only good thing that came from it were some memes and gifs.

This was actually real.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I think people are failing to understand that the drug comment is most likely what triggered Viscant hard. He's working with people that are actually addicted and stuff so seeing people use it as an insult and joke probably tipped him over the edge. He pretty much admitted to as much.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Son why were you even watching this in the first place? You don't even like MMs to begin with.

I'm speaking based on the tweets. Dude is playing a game he doesn't like against a guy he doesn't respect for money that isn't his.

That was a really good FT10. It doesn't matter if they are the best, its about how much better they are against the opponent. Viscant has early 90s era smack talk while LTG is rocking Drake era slights.

LTG just found out what happens when you slight a pure being. SF4 isn't even Vicant's best game. That said, LTG's Rose and Rolento look frustrating to play against.

Dahbomb

I think people are failing to understand that the drug comment is most likely what triggered Viscant hard. He's working with people that are actually addicted and stuff so seeing people use it as an insult and joke probably tipped him over the edge. He pretty much admitted to as much.
The whole history of this thing is:

LTG has been trash talking Viscant for a long time. Before this set they actually played a set and Viscant beat him 20-6. He still continued to trash talk him and disrespect him.

Recently LTG posted a video (which is shown at the start of the set) where he talks about how gamers forget to shower, go to the bathroom etc. and then as his prime example of this "unhygeinic gamer" he posted a face of Viscant. Then he also said some comments about how Viscant plays video games all day and probably does drugs (Meth) which is why he looks the way he does.

The drugs thing probably pushed Viscant over the top which resulted in the Twitter bashing. Like he said, Viscant works 2 jobs and works to combat drug use in his neighborhood so he was actually offended by it and thus that's why this grudge started. It was 100% personal.

Grakl

yup

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The whole history of this thing is:

LTG has been trash talking Viscant for a long time. Before this set they actually played a set and Viscant beat him 20-6. He still continued to trash talk him and disrespect him.

Recently LTG posted a video (which is shown at the start of the set) where he talks about how gamers forget to shower, go to the bathroom etc. and then as his prime example of this "unhygeinic gamer" he posted a face of Viscant. Then he also said some comments about how Viscant plays video games all day and probably does drugs.

The drugs thing probably pushed Viscant over the top which resulted in the Twitter bashing. Like he said, Viscant works 2 jobs and works to combat drug use in his neighborhood so he was actually offended by it and thus that's why this grudge started. It was 100% personal.
Yeah that was pretty real, mad respect to Viscant.

Dahbomb

Personally speaking, while I would not have handled this thing like Viscant did (Twitter bashing then challenging the guy to a MM to "settle" things) I would still have been offended by the comments. I am a bit on the skinny side myself and people have accused me of drug use too even though I work in the medical field and I fully advocate drug prevention. Normally if people say I play too much video games or watch too much anime I just take it in slight jest but when the insults start to seep into what you do as a living or how you look then that's too much for me.

Dahbomb

Viscant hates anime but he does play Marvel though.

Viscant used to love anime and used to watch Sailor Moon until he went to an animecon, watched some hentai and had a drunk "cosplay incident". After that he cursed anime as evil forever.

Grakl

Viscant hates anime but he does play Marvel though.

Viscant used to love anime and used to watch Sailor Moon until he went to an animecon, watched some hentai and had a drunk "cosplay incident". After that he cursed anime as evil forever.
Wait what

alstein

I think it wasn't just the drug thing, it's some underemployed kid criticizing his life when he has no idea how hard he works, and 2 jobs is hard work.

Azure J

MiniBoss' "anime" routine is the cutest thing ever. It's like the kid in 4th grade who picks on a crush because he can't spit it out. :lol

Top Bottom