• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 20-26 | RIP PushaTee88

smurfx

get some go again
iJmxNu7mWkzWv.jpg

mbpm1

Yooo watching pre-match with Viscant. This is so real.

LOL at Valle calling LTG "bitch" when calling him to the mic.

Low...
Tier...
GOOOOODDDDDDDD

Man... I don't think this was fake. LTG was going straight into lunk-bully mode, and I think he was serious. Props to Viscant for not letting him alpha male him TOO hard, although he jumped out of the way pretty damn quick with LTG came running up to the mic.

Zissou

Props to Viscant!

In other news: wtf happened with twitch ditching flv, nuking the archives, and rebuilding their site or whatever?

vulva

Can we all agree the worst part of levelup streams/WNF at least are when commentators do impressions?

Embarrassingly awful every time.

Fraeon

Man... I don't think this was fake. LTG was going straight into lunk-bully mode, and I think he was serious. Props to Viscant for not letting him alpha male him TOO hard, although he jumped out of the way pretty damn quick with LTG came running up to the mic.

Eh, I was just kind of hoping he'd start punching so they'd have an excuse to throw the fucker out. The FGC really doesn't need more bullies. But sadly that doesn't seem to be a common opinion. "The need for rivalries", etc...

And really, either he gets what he's doing when being a bully or really thinks the world is against him just because he's outspoken. I don't really know which scenario is worse, to be honest.

alstein

Eh, I was just kind of hoping he'd start punching so they'd have an excuse to throw the fucker out. The FGC really doesn't need more bullies. But sadly that doesn't seem to be a common opinion. "The need for rivalries", etc...

And really, either he gets what he's doing when being a bully or really thinks the world is against him just because he's outspoken. I don't really know which scenario is worse, to be honest.

He's still a kid, he's got time to learn the ways of purity, and to use his left and right hand turn signals.
Maybe he can work his way up to assistant manager at McDonald's.

.la1n

Just got around to watching the Viscant match from last night. The pre and post match interviews were so painful to watch. It was like the physical embodiment of a heated GAF argument.

Malice215

Why? This is competition. Shit is going to be said.

I haven't seen this but it sounds awesome. Don't understand why some are so against passion and heated competition in the FGC.

I love it. Don't know why people are scared of it. This ain't Marvel 2 and these nerds ain't throwing punches.

alstein

I love it. Don't know why people are scared of it. This ain't Marvel 2 and these nerds ain't throwing punches.

Difference between the arcade and console mentality. Personally, I understand the hate, I've been there, but it's not something I want anymore. I just don't like it anymore, I grew out of it once I hit 30 and realized I needed something more.

That said, as I mellowed out, my hunger for the games kinda diminshed as well- I think I lack that killer instinct now I used to have.

casperOne

Avengers trailer is out in the wild over in OT btw, for all you Marvel fans.

David Spader should voice everyone in MvC4

Holy shit this was so good. I think that James Spader got the role for the voice from his work on "The Blacklist"; he's supremely entertaining on that show and a huge part of it is because of his delivery, which he nails every time.

There are no strings on me.

This was a great little nod in the trailer (HBTB pointed it out to me).

ultron and groot for mvc4, lets start a petition everyone!

I was thinking how much I'd love to see Ultron and Groot in an MVC4 game, and thought that Avengers 2 would be the excellent time for such a property.

That quickly went out the window when I thought about the licensing, as well as the fact that they'd have to have MVC4 *really* far along in development to release with the movie.

And if Combo/Haunts have anything to say about it (given the CPT), they definitely don't want a game that's going to have a one-two year life span on the tour.

Just give us Capcom All-Stars please.

They're totally going to seed Capcom Cup from 1->16 using the total points they've earned, aren't they?

Yep. I can kind of see the argument for a round robin, but there's this voice in me that says that's just not the way we do things. You want a better seed, then get better at the game/win more tournaments.

Also from the mod hole it has been released!

GPhu2ZK.jpg

This fits perfectly with her. I love it. Capcom should definitely look to the PC mod community for regular updates for skins, maybe have a competition every six months for regular skin updates with a respectable prize (assuming the Japanese devs would go for it).

Vanilla Sagat has left a really bad taste in my mouth tbh.

That's all.

SAGAT IS THE PUSSIEST FUCKIN CHARACTER IN THE GAME SON. HOW YOU GONNA BE SO STRONG AND RUN AWAY FOR THE WHOLE MATCHUP LIKE A BITCHMADE ASS NINJA FOH WITH THAT TURTLE GARBAGE. SERIOUSLY, YOU HAVE FUN STAYING FULL SCREEN AND CHUCKING PROJECTILES LIKE A FUCKIN SCRUB EVEN THO CLOSE UP YOU STILL DO A SHIT TON OF DAMAGE U BITCHAMFSAIFNAINFSANF
- Vanilla Count Blackule

Sagat can still rot in hell tho.

Bonchan da GAWD tho

Wow, you mad bro.

Started playing Gief like 2 days ago.

Fuck Sagat
even tough I used to main him

Who did you play before Geif? Surely you'd revert to that when facing Sagat.

Time to bug your favorite developers to include the USB driver so you can use your old TEs

I'm really happy to see Mike Z doing this (I believe they did it for INJ as well? Not sure), but american devs are kicking ass when it comes to the UX in fighting games right now.

That's a great look. I think we're seeing a gradual build up of interest in the FGC. Not something huge (which subsequently would come crashing down), but a slow, sustained growth that ultimately works out better in the long run.

Harada and Ono featured in the PlayStation Event video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0rt83T2X44&feature=youtu.be

The secret project from Ono? :) :) :) :) :)

Ono's secret project is what to say for the next announcement.

MAYBE I WANT AN EASIER BRACKET AT EVO NEXT YEAR

See above: get better, win more.

Nah I'm a piece of shit.

Yes you are, because I didn't meat Dadwicks at Evo.

WHITE IS COMING

omg.jpg

While I like the contrast, and the style choices for the woman, this ad is unsettling for what I would think are obvious reasons.

wow LTG is complaining like a baby.

"he played the lame game"

lmaooooo

"I'm not gonna touch this guy"

Not until they both reach the parking lot

Yo, if Valle is going to keep doing this WWE shtik any further, he should know when and how to defuse if it heats up like this, and ffs know when not to intigate it further. Or just get cooler heads to play along for the grudge matches

Valle is desperate to get some East Coast flavor in the West.

I didn't see the match, but it seems like everyone treated this as a WWE type rivalry but LTG. I don't mind a little coddling for the sake of hype, but full on manufacturing it, and then delivering a sub-standard match as a result leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Take NLBC; there's usually a fair amount of drama on any given Wednesday, but the level of play at the end is always superb. There's always multiple comments about how well Smug, Sanford, or anyone played.

Why? This is competition. Shit is going to be said.

I haven't seen this but it sounds awesome. Don't understand why some are so against passion and heated competition in the FGC.

Definitely not against passion, but reading through the recap here, it seems like a lot of this was manufactured (or overblown/exaggerated), which means it wasn't really passion to begin with.

holy shit brokentier

yea what up internet

Dude, you're the real winner tonight.

next week thread must have concentrated ether as it's subtitle

Next week's thread title DESERVES a reference to this match.

FGW | Age of Viscant
FGW | You Did Not Survive
FGW | White Edition
FGW | Whip it out, tuck it in
FGW | TFW Worse than DSP

FGW | Low Tier Hype

Kimosabae

Banned
Lol at people trying to dismiss that energy as fake. You've probably never faced that type of animosity. You could see the beef was real in the gameplay: both players were slugging it out most matches, determined to get/maintain control of the round, desperate to impose will. Gameplay was sloppy overall because of it.

What DID make this corny and fake, though, was Valle constantly cheesing between the two as though this were the typical artifice his grudge matches usually are. This was real shit, so there's no reason for the Colgate smile and you instigating. Just let them talk and play. That shit was so West Coast. You got what you've wanted just let it breathe.

Viscant is a grade A shit talker, but he's only willing to flap his gums when there's bodies between him and Low Tier. I won't begrudge him for that, though, because it would have been stupid and lamer if he antagonized Low enough to swing on him.

Lowtier's comments about Viscant being lame were hella LOL in the face of him running away with Rolento half the matches. 09'er confirmed

FGW | Professional Beef: Junior Member

Grakl

Definitely not against passion, but reading through the recap here, it seems like a lot of this was manufactured (or overblown/exaggerated), which means it wasn't really passion to begin with.[/B]

lol dude you didn't even watch it, viscant was passionate as fuck, valle was really the only thing getting in the way

Beesuit

FGW | Purity Prevails

I understand people eat drama up like no tomorrow, but man if they keep pushing shit like this any further they better have a damn good contingency for when shit does hit the fan or stop it from escalating to that point.
Once you hand these guys the mic though, there's no telling what the hell is coming out of their mouth nor how the other dude would react either.

casperOne

lol dude you didn't even watch it, viscant was passionate as fuck, valle was really the only thing getting in the way

Agreed, I didn't watch it, and I made that clear in my response.

That said, I saw everything leading up to the match, the Twitter responses, etc, etc, and I wasn't the only one who thought there was something odd about how all of this played out.

I have yet to see the match, and I don't doubt there may have been legitimate passion there, but just like WWE:

acting_patrick_stewart.gif

Grakl

Agreed, I didn't watch it, and I made that clear in my response.

That said, I saw everything leading up to the match, the Twitter responses, etc, etc, and I wasn't the only one who thought there was something odd about how all of this played out.

I have yet to see the match, and I don't doubt there may have been legitimate passion there, but just like WWE:

acting_patrick_stewart.gif

but again it wasn't like WWE for viscant or LTG. You really don't know, lol. Watch first plz

Valle and WNF are pimping out LTG pretty hard. LTG only has one real trick left in him before he gets tossed to the online dumpster.

Is anyone help train him? Is Valle giving him pointers? Are any of the WNF players teaching him other than whispering in his ear when he's getting his ass kicked? It doesn't seem like it.

I think we'll see him again but no one will care by that point. I feel bad for him now.

TheBesteban

Neo Member
Valle and WNF are pimping out LTG pretty hard. LTG only has one real trick left in him before he gets tossed to the online dumpster.

Is anyone help train him? Is Valle giving him pointers? Are any of the WNF players teaching him other than whispering in his ear when he's getting his ass kicked? It doesn't seem like it.

I think we'll see him again but no one will care by that point. I feel bad for him now.

If he had won, or even lost with some humility, I think a lot of people would be behind him.

i have to say i didn't know how tall or big LTG was.

so when i saw him come from the back of the crowd and size up against viscant i got nervous FOR viscant.

and i think it was for naught cause Viscant gave him a fucking stalwart death stare that just said "Holy shit this dude is big, but I'm going to go down swinging"

he looked ready for death. That and the 90's hairdo. everything about this was just magical.

what are the chances LTG only got money fronted cause they wanted to see him humiliated on stream

they fronted money probably cause they wanted to see viscant get snapped in two on camera

Grakl

Pimping LTG for drama when he takes it serious is pretty fuckin funny. I don't feel bad for him at all.

If he had won, or even lost with some humility, I think a lot of people would be behind him.
If he had any humility he wouldn't be featured on two WNFs. He's obviously not a good player.

He wants to be talked about and shown on the Internet so badly that he's willing to let himself be taken advantage of. Valle realizes this and throws him out there, unprepared and pretty much looking like an idiot twice now, this time worse than the last.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Mad =/= passionate I feel. He's playing him in a game he doesn't even like.

And yeah Valle instigating is why I tuned out. He was so lame lol. like a high school kid telling telling someone how someone else just called their mom a bitch

Top Bottom