• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 15-21 | Mewwho?

BadWolf

Speaking of this, it annoys me to no end that people keep making universal tier lists for KOF13. I mean, sure, it's easy to say EX Iori and Karate are the best characters in the game - they're top tier in every slot, Iori is easily the best point in the game and so on - and that some others like Kim and Benimaru are close behind (I'd say those are the top4).

But after that? How the hell do you rank Duo Lon, one of the best point characters in the game with excellent low-meter options and dominating neutral but absurdly poor meter => damage conversions (consequently one of the worst anchors in the game) and Claw Iori or Vice who are pretty much the exact opposite and need meter to patch up holes in their neutral game while being bosses at turning meter into a dead character?

How do you rank Chin lol?

The little old man seems to be more dangerous and hard to pin down than that top 4 most of the time. He and Kim have been the EVO finals bros for three years straight.

How do you rank Chin lol?

The little old man seems to be more dangerous and hard to pin down than that top 4 most of the time. He and Kim have been the EVO finals bros for three years straight.

Hm. I think he's one of the best anchors, certainly, and good as both point and battery, but less amazing there. He's got the kind of problem where explosiveness just gets rated super high, like how the early tier lists ranked Claw and Takuma over EX Iori and Karate, for example. Chin is a bit like that, I feel. Cheap as fuck, explosive, but lacks that certain something.
As an allrounder ranking I'd probably list something like this (no order inside tiers):

S-: EX Iori
S--: Karate
A++: Kim, Benimaru
A+: Hwa, Yuri, Chin

Something like that. Really, writing a ranking for KOF characters is abominably hard. I can say Iori/Karate/Kim/Beni are Top4 with some confidence, and then it all just melts into a giant puddle of "this character is pretty damn good".

I re-read that "other votes" section of the ranking list twice because the first time I was certain it said "Mike Ross (4th Place)" instead of (4 pts)

Dahbomb

S-: EX Iori
S--: Karate
A++: Kim, Benimaru
A+: Hwa, Yuri, Chin
What the fuck is this shit.

Double +A and double -s? The maximum allowed is a single + or - only used in very specific cases but double A plus is some next level shit that I don't want any part of.

Just put that as S, S-, A, A-.

alstein

I don't like that ++/-- crap either, it's wishy-washy

To me
S tier= stupidly good
A= solidly good
B= viable competitively
C= possibly viable competitively
D= clown character, unless it's Clown from Karnov who is A tier.

I think 98 is a lot easier to tier than XIII since it's less meter dependent (CD counters being better and MAX stock breaking have a lot to do with this)

Fiktion

Banned
EmotionalNeglectedAfricanfisheagle.gif

Looks like Guilty Gear Xrd is up on Amazon now. They've listed it as being available on December 31, 2014. So I have no idea if that's a place holder date.

If so I'm definitely importing.

Rhapsody

Banned
Speaking of this, it annoys me to no end that people keep making universal tier lists for KOF13. I mean, sure, it's easy to say EX Iori and Karate are the best characters in the game - they're top tier in every slot, Iori is easily the best point in the game and so on - and that some others like Kim and Benimaru are close behind (I'd say those are the top4).

But after that? How the hell do you rank Duo Lon, one of the best point characters in the game with excellent low-meter options and dominating neutral but absurdly poor meter => damage conversions (consequently one of the worst anchors in the game) and Claw Iori or Vice who are pretty much the exact opposite and need meter to patch up holes in their neutral game while being bosses at turning meter into a dead character?

That's why I find KoFXIII tier lists better when they make an anchor only and a point only lists.

Busaiku

Looks like Guilty Gear Xrd is up on Amazon now. They've listed it as being available on December 31, 2014. So I have no idea if that's a place holder date.

If it's the 1st or last day of a month, it's almost always placeholder.
If it's the end of the year, it is always a placeholder.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

You mean for EU?

That's the same placeholder we've had in the US for a while

Anyone know if that's a spike versus a meteor?
Also there's no weakspot on her blade so it's just always like that?

She has no tipper, yeah. Might have imagined this, but I believe her Falchoin hits all over for the same amount as Marth's tipper?

She seems like the new Marth, anyway. Why put up with his nerfs when John Lucina is around

soakrates

What's the word on Little Mac so far in Smash 4?

Also, that Drake/Lil Wayne concert caused the worst Bay Area traffic I'd seen in years. Half of Mountain View was a fucking parking lot for hours.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Little mac seems like he either wins matchup overwhelmingly, or loses them overwhlmingly

Malice215

Random question: Do we know if Namco is making a Soul Calibur 6 or not?

I assume they will make one eventually, either in a couple of years and or after they get their other projects out the door (Smash, T7, Pokken, ROI, ???).

So glad that Drake finally got to meet Mike Ross.

Beckx

Hey enzo can you add Vector Strike II to next week's OP?

Bxwn_nGIEAA99Jr.png

(Here's hoping I'm still awake when Full Boost finishes this time, hah.)

oh yea there is a tourney next week on the 27th held by ghaleon (creator of Season's Beatings) in Cleveland. I'll be attending, but I don't know if they have a stream. Ill have to check

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I find Enzo's obsession with rappers Anime levels of creepy.
tumblr_inline_mo1yzxrSJS1qz4rgp.gif

Hey enzo can you add Vector Strike II to next week's OP?

Bxwn_nGIEAA99Jr.png

(Here's hoping I'm still awake when Full Boost finishes this time, hah.)
Will do.

oh yea there is a tourney next week on the 27th held by ghaleon (creator of Season's Beatings) in Cleveland. I'll be attending, but I don't know if they have a stream. Ill have to check
Get back to me.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

damn, even though the game is slightly floaty, this is reminiscent of metaknight back in the brawl days with less flapping of wings.

drake the type of brother to stand in the back of group pictures

ya'll already know

Is this real?

https://twitter.com/steveaoki/status/512356411947245568

Mike Ross has gone... FULL EDM!

I'm so jelly =(

Ross living the dream. Mike "The Dream" Ross

damn, even though the game is slightly floaty, this is reminiscent of metaknight back in the brawl days with less flapping of wings.

ya'll already know

Ross living the dream. Mike "The Dream" Ross

Mike gets to party with Aoki and Borgore? Mike gonna be getting some major ASS.

#BootyForBorgore about to turn to #BootyForMikeRoss

Azure J

She has no tipper, yeah. Might have imagined this, but I believe her Falchoin hits all over for the same amount as Marth's tipper?

She seems like the new Marth, anyway. Why put up with his nerfs when John Lucina is around

Because Marth is good?

But then again, I should just let "Lucina da bess" be the general discussion regarding the two and snatch some free wigs off people's heads while they're misinformed for the early meta. :p

Top Bottom