• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 15-21 | Mewwho?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta press buttons in something right now

Can't wait for this game

kirblar

So that low short of Yang's just punishes Dudley's pokes all days into full combos?

edit Who is that lionmane-y bro in the GG trailer?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So Aris is playing Ultra online right now. And a little while back he said Ultra is actually better than Tag 2. And now he's supposed to commentate a match tonight. What?

kirblar

So Aris is playing Ultra online right now. And a little while back he said Ultra is actually better than Tag 2. And now he's supposed to commentate a match tonight. What?
The overall job, (excluding bug issues) they did with the USF4 re-balance, both in terms of evening out characters and altering gameplay to make the neutral game matter again, is something that Combofiend and all those guys can be incredibly proud of. Yeah, E.Ryu didn't need +50 health and Yun didn't need the +1 rush punch, but they're the mildest top tier characters (relative to the rest of the cast) I can recall in a fighting game.

Essay

VF's Akira is playable in that Fighting Climax game, lol. Time to for VF fans to embrace anime.

I'm an anime player, and that game looked too anime for me until Akira tugged at my VF-nostalgic heartstrings. Might as well go back to playing Final Showdown though if I want that fix.

Actually... I want that fix. Where's oneida?

Busaiku

VF's Akira is playable in that Fighting Climax game, lol. Time to for VF fans to embrace anime.

bRM1Uz2.jpg

Rhapsody

Banned
so now its vectoring? i go to this thread to escape physics and it still drags me back to the grimy depths

lol I'm interested on how vectoring turns out. On the bright side, this makes things more intuitive for new players instead of telling people to DI perpendicular for survival DI and knowing how to escape combos. On the other hand, I know people are hoping vectoring isn't too potent on escaping things too easily.

lol it's looking like most everyone is going to end up having a pocket Ephelt at this rate

But mine will be the best
on GAF

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Actually... I want that fix. Where's oneida?

Makin' gifs from the 3tb World Cup footage

tumblr_nc2t14tiU41slig2vo1_400.gif

Chibita. god, just look at that movement. so crazy.

Anyway, my XBL is expired and I have a tournament (yes, a VF tournament) this Saturday. I'll renew next week.

ps. you guys should watch the tournament, I'm doing commentary for VF top 8 along with Harpooner from NYC VF. I'll post the stream link when I know what it is. It's gonna be more low key than NYG9 but we've got some good Buffalo players and there's a few players coming from Toronto and a few coming from NYC.

Azure J

lol it's looking like most everyone is going to end up having a pocket Ephelt at this rate

Elphet is like B.B. Hood + Snake in Smash + Sion/Eltnum. You bet your ass she's going to be popular. She also gets her P. Diddy on and smashes champagne bottles over heads/pops bottles on dudes.

Zissou

wtf did I just read o_O

So am I understanding this correctly?
-In previous smash games you had DI when you got hit where you could hold a direction that influenced to some extent the angle you were hit away from your opponent.
-In the new smash, you can hold directions to influence how you move when you're hit by the opponent but you can move in any direction (move closer to your opponent, further away, etc., in addition to altering the angle)

Rhapsody

Banned
wtf did I just read o_O

So am I understanding this correctly?
-In previous smash games you had DI when you got hit where you could hold a direction that influenced to some extent the angle you were hit away from your opponent.
-In the new smash, you can hold directions to influence how you move when you're hit by the opponent but you can move in any direction (move closer to your opponent, further away, etc., in addition to altering the angle)

Exactly.

Kumubou

buff_may_for_console
Be careful about that, they might buff her the same way they did Sol and make her look like a SF4 character. D:

Is everyone going to want a pocket Ephelt, or Ephelt in their pocket?

so now its vectoring? i go to this thread to escape physics and it still drags me back to the grimy depths

You think this is bad, you should hear VOOT or Gundam EXVS players talk about this stuff. Vectors all over your face.

Makin' gifs from the 3tb World Cup footage

tumblr_nc2t14tiU41slig2vo1_400.gif

Chibita. god, just look at that movement. so crazy.
I've watched this GIF about 20 times and I still have no idea exactly what he's doing. He basically looks like he's just K-stepping all over Akira's face. While the movement in 3tb looks more fun, I think I appreciate the changes in 4 and 5 because it fixed a lot of the inconsistencies that 3 had with regards to collision detection and tracking. Never mind what the uneven terrain did to collision detection! You can have some dumb shit happen still.. but at least you can easily figure out why it happened.

Essay

Anyway, my XBL is expired and I have a tournament (yes, a VF tournament) this Saturday. I'll renew next week.

Cool, let me add you, get back into the swing of things, and play you once you're Gold.

Honestly, I'm tempted to drive down to your tournament and see what's up, but work has got me in its clutches this weekend. -_- But yeah, I'll watch the stream archives Saturday night!

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I've watched this GIF about 20 times and I still have no idea exactly what he's doing. He basically looks like he's just K-stepping all over Akira's face. While the movement in 3tb looks more fun, I think I appreciate the changes in 4 and 5 because it fixed a lot of the inconsistencies that 3 had with regards to collision detection and tracking. Never mind what the uneven terrain did to collision detection! You can have some dumb shit happen still.. but at least you can easily figure out why it happened.
Keep in mind that Akira is techrolling, so there's another variable here. But basically Chibita's using Lion's 7E which is basically a funny looking swoop of a sidestep. He then does another sidestep, and runs forward to get to Akira's back, which causes his rising attack to completely whiff leaving him open to punishment that will leave him backturned.

Yeah, VF3 movement is fucking nuts. But god I love it
Cool, let me add you, get back into the swing of things, and play you once you're Gold.

Honestly, I'm tempted to drive down to your tournament and see what's up, but work has got me in its clutches this weekend. -_- But yeah, I'll watch the stream archives Saturday night!
GT: oneida1

Rhapsody

Banned
Good to know. That poster needs to learn about brevity though- dude did the equivalent of writing 10,000 words on how to make a peanut butter sandwich when "put peanut butter in between bread" would've worked.

Yeah. I think the graph was a godsend to be honest lol

Kimosabae

Banned
You don't influence the trajectory, but the Knockback.

Basically, to escape Mario's Up Tilt combos you hold Up instead of away, like you would have in the past.

Essay

Just do it! That's what sick days are for and offline VF is pure ambrosia.

Trust me, if I could, I would, but I'm picking up shifts for someone else already, and my store would collapse if understaffed this weekend.

On the up-side, extra hours will convert to extra-good times at NEC come December.

Top Bottom