• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 15-21 | Mewwho?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Right you're a child who's dad takes him to tournaments!

<3

Wish my Dad took me to tournaments... He just tells me I'm a grown ass man and I can take the train there! Still love him to death.
You got a good dad Smedwicks, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Wish my Dad took me to tournaments... He just tells me I'm a grown ass man and I can take the train there! Still love him to death.
You got a good dad Smedwicks, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

I think my dad is dead, maybe I'm not sure. I haven't seen in at least 15-20ish years. My kid bout to haven't the dopest dad though!

#NoShame
#IMDABEST

I need an excuse to post this in here, but I don't have any so whatever!

Bxyr_ngIIAAPLF8.jpg

xezuru

I see, I'm trying to do Link's spin cancel ledgehog. I did it once, but couldn't do it again.

If you're talking about the falling up-b to ledgegrab, from what i've seen it's pretty strict on the frames done and unreliable, I'd say you'd be better off learning Z-air Hookshot ledge re-grabs but that might be nerfed in 3.5. Best thing to do is learn aerial glide tossing when In air, dodging -> throwing a bomb immediately preserves the momentum and resets you into neutral-ish in air, so you can get an additional mini hop out of them in various directions depending on how you airdodged.

If you're talking about the falling up-b to ledgegrab, from what i've seen it's pretty strict on the frames done and unreliable, I'd say you'd be better off learning Z-air Hookshot re-grabs but that might be nerfed in 3.5. Best thing to do is learn aerial glide tossing when In air, dodging -> throwing a bomb immediately preserves the momentum and resets you into neutral-ish in air, so you can get an additional mini hop out of them in various directions depending on how you airdodged.

Okay, I'll just ignore them. For the AGT, can you give me any additional use for it besides recovering?

xezuru

Okay, I'll just ignore them. For the AGT, can you give me any additional use for it besides recovering?

Because you preserve momentum from airdodge, you can mix up your air movement by dodgeing back while throwing a bomb forward to gain more space, or airdodge down while throwing a bomb at a person above you to get back on ground faster for a follow up, or any mix of the direction you dodge and the direction you throw a bomb.

Marz

Markman just tweeted the brackets for the TGS USF4 tourney. A lot of recognizable arcade players and online players who get their matches uploaded frequently on youtube. I hope the format isn't single elimination again but we'll see. I know this is a trade show, but I think it still should have been a premiere event for the Capcom Cup. The talent in Japan is too high to only give them one premiere event.

http://madcatz.co.jp/events/img/event20140918_02.pdf

Lol. Looks like another free tournament for Bonchan.

Because you preserve momentum from airdodge, you can mix up your air movement by dodgeing back while throwing a bomb forward to gain more space, or airdodge down while throwing a bomb at a person above you to get back on ground faster for a follow up, or any mix of the direction you dodge and the direction you throw a bomb.

Is better to throw bombs using C-stick or A? I have a hard time throwing the bomb down when I airdodge up. Also, are there any other techniques I should know that benefits Link? My bad for asking too many questions.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It was already awful that you tried to troll promote that garbage game bearing the Marvel brand name but then you had to make a double post on top of it to cement that action.

Bravo son.
bruh, you're not hyped for this?

How can you not trust devs that answer a question like this:

Marvel: It sounds like we have a lot to look forward to. Any parting words for the fighting game fanatics out there?

Cuz Parry: I just want to say what an honor and pleasure it is to be working on something coming from a universe as rich, deep, and fun as the Marvel one. The Marvel team has been awesome to work with. Their dedication to Marvel and “getting it right” has got us hyped to make something special. And, the whole dev team up in Kabam Vancouver truly believes we're working on something special. We just can't wait for the fall when we get to share the fun with everyone! Check out our Facebook page in the mean time to get sneak previews and more info.

GotY, whatever year.

Dahbomb

GotY, whatever year.
I don't see what's wrong with that response to the question. I mean it's PR lip service but it's nothing too obscene. They are gonna hype up the product even if that shit will give you AIDs so this is standard practice these days.

petghost

Banned
enzo if you had to either A) never consume any marvel content in any fashion for the rest of your life or B) never touch or watch a fighting game again which would you choose?

xezuru

Is better to throw bombs using C-stick or A? I have a hard time throwing the bomb down when I airdodge up. Also, are there any other techniques I should know that benefits Link? My bad for asking too many questions.

Personally, I item-throw and do aerials with c-stick.

Just learning to be super confident in item mechanics helps alot in his zoning projectile game, neutral z while holding a bomb usually drops it on the floor to be a kind of bomb trap you can leave, you can wavedash into it and press z or something to pick it up while moving. Aircatching a bomb after you throw it at a shield and throwing it back at it is crazy shield pressure.

It's also really useful to learn B-Turning/B-Reversing/Wave-Bouncing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nYWNayYVLo&html5=1
Another way to switch up momentum for your projectiles.

Not a super link expert but there's some stuff out there for him.
Here's some tech.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRXcWNQMsLo&html5=1
I can't remember much link players but Aerolink is pretty solid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZd7ZlHMWEI&html5=1

Personally, I item-throw and do aerials with c-stick.

Just learning to be super confident in item mechanics helps alot in his zoning projectile game, neutral z while holding a bomb usually drops it on the floor to be a kind of bomb trap you can leave, you can wavedash into it and press z or something to pick it up while moving. Aircatching a bomb after you throw it at a shield and throwing it back at it is crazy shield pressure.

It's also really useful to learn B-Turning/B-Reversing/Wave-Bouncing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nYWNayYVLo&html5=1
Another way to switch up momentum for your projectiles.

Not a super link expert but there's some stuff out there for him.
Here's some tech.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRXcWNQMsLo&html5=1
I can't remember much link players but Aerolink is pretty solid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZd7ZlHMWEI&html5=1

Thank you for answering my questions and helping me. That B-Turning, B-Reversing, and Wave Bouncing technique looks like it would take me some time to get the hang of it. So you use Z button to drop the bomb. I use R+A to drop the bomb, but it didn't work out for me since Link keeps throwing the bomb instead of dropping it. I use Z button as an attack button so I can do the moon walk and Link's DACUS.

Top Bottom