• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 15-21 | Mewwho?

Uraizen

Banned
I never want to go back to meter whiff giving meter ever again. Keep that shit locked up in the dark ages of fighting games.

I don't care how kusoge or intentionally broken a game is supposed to be.

Yeah, even though I love 3s, that shit was pretty dumb.

Gonna be that guy, but I honestly didn't mind whiffing normals and getting free meter. I did it in xTekken too since I had played Third Strike so much. Even in SF4 full screen light Shoryukens or jump back Tatsu is something I do. Though I won't miss it from fighting games if it gets taken out.

Uraizen

Banned
Gonna be that guy, but I honestly didn't mind whiffing normals and getting free meter. I did it in xTekken too since I had played Third Strike so much. Even in SF4 full screen light Shoryukens or jump back Tatsu is something I do. Though I won't miss it from fighting games if it gets taken out.

I don't mind it with specials, it's just stuff where Yun jumps back and cr.mp all day or chun's stupid AY AY AY AY AY AY AY AY AY AY AY.

I don't mind it with specials, it's just stuff where Yun jumps back and cr.mp all day or chun's stupid AY AY AY AY AY AY AY AY AY AY AY.

True but Chuns AY AY AY AY thing is a special.
Also, in MvC2 is more fun since you always had meter. Cyclops and Storm whiffing in the air to get that meter. Mmmm so good.
Again, not really against it but I see peoples point in not liking it.

Chuns at ay ay is her back fierce, not a special.

Whiffing specials is fine. Normals I do not like. Storm jumping and floating around with fierce is terrible in mvc2.

Dahbomb

I really hope so. The Marvel salt would be amazing and just think of the omens!

animation1dfg2zq7ggauxz.gif

hitsugi

I didn't mind whiffing normals to build meter.. and really there would be a lot of MVC2 matches that would have been sealed up early if not for that; it added its own depth.

...what kind of irked me was whiffing throws to build meter though.

Dahbomb

where the fuck is Mike Ross vs Mago tho
It happened and Mike Ross got bodied by Mago. After downloading him, Mago just started styling on him.

I didn't mind whiffing normals to build meter.. and really there would be a lot of MVC2 matches that would have been sealed up early if not for that; it added its own depth.
If there were no meter building from whiffing then MVC2 would be a different game completely. It's pointless to try to imagine how certain matches would've played out if there was no meter building.

kirblar

And we start wth El Fuerte v Hakan at TGS. God bless Ultra.

lol @ the El Fuerte just laming it out with Q-Bombs to punish focuses.

Top Bottom