• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 15-21 | Mewwho?

CPS2

I wish all the arcade Ae 2012 machines got replaced with ultra. I don't feel like there's thaaaat much of a difference between them but right now I'd probably rather play 2012 just because that's whats in arcades. Shouldn't be this way.

Zissou

I wish all the arcade Ae 2012 machines got replaced with ultra. I don't feel like there's thaaaat much of a difference between them but right now I'd probably rather play 2012 just because that's whats in arcades. Shouldn't be this way.

Huh? Every arcade I've been to has upgraded their cabs to ultra.

Kumubou

In 50 Years...

"Yo whattup guise this is Spooky. I'm on the moon right now and I'm just here checking out this huge lunar resort where we're streaming..."
Sp00ky would be pretty goddamn old by then, I figure he would have gone off to the FGC retirement home to play games of Shuffleboard and Melty Blood (not MB8k, screw that casualified game). Sp00ky Jr. would probably be on the sticks at that point.

Unless it's true that his wife doesn't age and... D: (That would actually explain a lot.)

Are you talking actual, NesicaXLive arcade cabs or "cabs" that are just a ps3/xbox inside an arcade cab
SF4 to AE 2012 wasn't on Nesica.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I didn't see a single Asian person in person for the first 20 years of my life. Then when I moved out of the countryside and met my first Asian person, I said something about her being oriental because I didn't know they don't like that shit and everybody got all pissed.

But yeah Asian chicks are pretty neat.

In 50 Years...

"Yo whattup guise this is Spooky. I'm on the moon right now and I'm just here checking out this huge lunar resort where we're streaming..."

"What up guys I'm here with our 8k setup at Evo Lunar 2k55 and I gotta say the hotel we're at is pretty sick this year"

skullgirls curse is too real.
Legal proceedings are too real

Before Squigly was even out Autumn was dragged into court proceedings along with Konami and some bank. Skullgirls will forever be at least six months behind schedule. Any chances it had for EVO were crushed before SG fans (myself included) and haters even knew it.
I got very surprised when Big Band was announced as the first male char during the IGG campaign instead of Panzerfaust.
You aren't the only one, but it turned out okay.
Brain Drain...

:(
Skullgirls could use him, molly, hive and b.Dahlia for some of that MvC2 flavor.

Now if we're talking MvC3 flavor I'd recommend Annie, Minette, Stanley and Panzerfaust.

kirblar

I didn't see a single Asian person in person for the first 20 years of my life. Then when I moved out of the countryside and met my first Asian person, I said something about her being oriental because I didn't know they don't like that shit and everybody got all pissed.

But yeah Asian chicks are pretty neat.
What's funny is that "Oriental" is still perfectly acceptable in the UK, and "Asian" means specifically Indian/Pakistani there. Gotta love regional language.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
"What up guys I'm here with our 8k setup at Evo Lunar 2k55 and I gotta say the hotel we're at is pretty sick this year"

"This tournament is packed with a bunch of monsters, PR BaldRog is here, Justin Wong's adopted son and ChrisG's reincarnated form."
Time to go to bed, lame jokes are strong tonight.

Legal proceedings are too real

Before Squigly was even out Autumn was dragged into court proceedings along with Konami and some bank. Skullgirls will forever be at least six months behind schedule. Any chances it had for EVO were crushed before SG fans (myself included) and haters even knew it.

You aren't the only one, but it turned out okay.

Skullgirls could use him, molly, hive and b.Dahlia for some of that MvC2 flavor.
I was pumped for Eliza, but with Smash and P4AU coming out soon it might get placed on the back burner again. :/

Zissou

I'll be happy if a new Xrd char is revealed at TGS, but I'm keeping my expectations as close to zero as possible.

Sayah

How open or willing would Disney be to make a Disney fighting game? Having Elsa, the Snow Queen facing off against Maleficent using unreal engine 4 particle effects and physics.....mmmmmmm.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
How open or willing would Disney be to make a Disney fighting game? Having Elsa, the Snow Queen facing off against Maleficent using unreal engine 4 particle effects and physics.....mmmmmmm.

For iPhone and Android devices? whynot.jpeg

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't get it, how is the new tekken character be kazuya's mom and have the devil gene, when Jinpachi is hehachi's dad and has it.

WHY IS TEKKEN SO ANIME!?

Kimosabae

Banned
Pretty fun reading up on the Destiny backlash. I guess I'm not weird for finding the hour or so I spent with the game uninteresting.

jbug617

Banned
Pretty fun reading up on the Destiny backlash. I guess I'm not weird for finding the hour or so I spent with the game uninteresting.

I think what threw people off is what people played during Alpha and Beta was basically a good chunk of the game.

Kumubou

I didn't think the beta was that bad... but I knew there were concerns about the game's content. I just wasn't expecting the beta to be over a quarter of the entire game! That and some really dumb decisions (like drops usually coming in lower than the rarity displayed) make me wonder what they were thinking.

Sayah

The fuck? Didn't know.
Thats even more anime

Thus the reason why he doesn't have a devil form like Jin and Kazuya do. :p

Though, astral projection is way more cooler than laser beams. Jinpachi is just more boss.

And then, you have Angel who makes them all cower down in fear. Whoever did the voice acting for Angel deserves a gold medal.

jhMwkUOqaQoUs.png

CPS2

Huh? Every arcade I've been to has upgraded their cabs to ultra.
Ah you're lucky then. I got the impression that not many arcades outside of Japan had ultra, unless they had a bootleg pc or console in a cabinet. I'm in Sydney and it's still 2012 lol.

Kumubou

Ah you're lucky then. I got the impression that not many arcades outside of Japan had ultra, unless they had a bootleg pc or console in a cabinet. I'm in Sydney and it's still 2012 lol.
Oh. They haven't upgraded because they can't. It's on new hardware (Type X-3 iirc) and requires a Nesica connection, which you can't get outside of Japan. Not even the international Round 1s can get connected, and they have access to nearly everything (except Nesica and the P-ras Multi service on Aime (GGXrd, UNIEL, DoA5UA, etc.) -- but they have normal Aime connectivity).

Benslammin

Neo Member
Man, Street Fighter 4 is devolving from a game about fun competition to a soulless game only about getting better or lose in pure salt and shame.

I can't have fun with SF4 anymore. I can only have fun with older SF games like Alpha and Third Strike because they are FUN games with lots of systems. Why is SF4 turning so empty and just about winning for me?

Of course everyone calls me a hipster or that I have rose tinted glasses.

but SF4 just feels so cut and dry and extremely competitive to the point where I don't even have fun playing it anymore even if I win.

Is it that im starting to lose my soul for SF4 or does SF4 not really have much of a soul in terms of gameplay to begin with?

petghost

Banned
Man, Street Fighter 4 is devolving from a game about fun competition to a soulless game only about getting better or lose in pure salt and shame.

I can't have fun with SF4 anymore. I can only have fun with older SF games like Alpha and Third Strike because they are FUN games with lots of systems. Why is SF4 turning so empty and just about winning for me?

Of course everyone calls me a hipster or that I have rose tinted glasses.

but SF4 just feels so cut and dry and extremely competitive to the point where I don't even have fun playing it anymore even if I win.

Is it that im starting to lose my soul for SF4 or does SF4 not really have much of a soul in terms of gameplay to begin with?

i dno man maybe its your familiarity with the game. its easy to go back to games you aren't as well versed in and have a blast because you arent worrying about whether fucked up your crouch cancel infinite or if you missed that SA1 link after hayate with makoto. i dont really play sf4 but i get into similar joyless periods out of playing other games in which i have certain expectations on how things ought to play out as opposed to just playing the game.

Benslammin

Neo Member
i dno man maybe its your familiarity with the game. its easy to go back to games you aren't as well versed in and have a blast because you arent worrying about whether fucked up your crouch cancel infinite or if you missed that SA1 link after hayate with makoto. i dont really play sf4 but i get into similar joyless periods out of playing other games in which i have certain expectations on how things ought to play out as opposed to just playing the game.

It's not exactly that, it's just in SF4 you aren't allowed to go as much off instincts as you are in older games perhaps. SF4 is very cold and calculated because things are much easier to punish and everything runs at a slower pace.

I have that hunger to win and get better in SF4 like I do any SF game, but I don't feel that level of passion in the actual play to play moments of the matches I play.

I used to be hardcore into getting better at Third Strike but I never felt like I wasn't getting joy out of matches even if I was getting bodied by way better players or winning against bad players because that game plays out more smoothly and fun for me.

Sheroking

It's not exactly that, it's just in SF4 you aren't allowed to go as much off instincts as you are in older games perhaps. SF4 is very cold and calculated because things are much easier to punish and everything runs at a slower pace.

I have that hunger to win and get better in SF4 like I do any SF game, but I don't feel that level of passion in the actual play to play moments of the matches I play.

I used to be hardcore into getting better at Third Strike but I never felt like I wasn't getting joy out of matches even if I was getting bodied by way better players or winning against bad players because that game plays out more smoothly and fun for me.

This seems more on you than SF4, frankly.

Marz

What do you want us to tell ya??

"i can't push buttons anymore baww"

Sorry man, but that's kinda how this reads. It's fine if SF4 ain't your game anymore, there's plenty of other fighters you can try out. Personally I think it's weird that people punishing unsafe stuff makes you not wanna play anymore (you can still use Ken I guess lol), but whatever floats your boat.

Top Bottom