• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 22-28 | 2 Fast 2 Fuerte: Tokido Drift

Zissou

It's already Evo line-up speculation time? o_O

This year has the most uncertainty in a long while. A ton of viable anime games (3 arcsys games and uniel), two possible smash games (both of which are deserving), marvel and ultra on lock, KI possible money hats, MKX guaranteed (if it's out on time)... Whatever the line-up is, some people will not be happy. I feel like Xrd is guaranteed, but Japan will win that free if they decide to actually show up, which will kinda suck the hype from it.

CurlyW

If KOF gets into Evo again I'm going to rub it into James Chen's face about "supporting your game".

The game got lower entries than Soul Calibur 5 at the CEO right before Evo. Hasn't had an active presence at Super Arcade in over a year. Had ~11 people playing it at WCW, when Socal is supposed to have the strongest scene for it.

See, the weird thing, though, is that at UFGTX a month before CEO, KoF13 got 81 entrants (77 pre-reg). I agree that it shouldn't and won't be at Evo next year, however.

Shouta

See, the weird thing, though, is that at UFGTX a month before CEO, KoF13 got 81 entrants (77 pre-reg). I agree that it shouldn't and won't be at Evo next year, however.

We had like 40+ at NWM too. So pockets of Kof
happened but yeah community eude its dwindled enough that it being in evo will be a long shot for next year.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
In terms of hype, it should be:

UMVC3 (it always brings the hype)
USF4 (gotta have a SF game in)
Nidhogg (game oozes of hype and should be in, Top 8 would probably take the shortest time!)
Uniel (gotta have a hype anime fighter)

I can't come up with anything more, I would say Injustice since I've recently got into it but NRS has seriously got to work on their animations, way too stale.

Its all a lie to get close to Shouta, steal his mod powers and kill Enzo!

HATE, HATE, HATE!

Why would I kill a Enzo? Who's going to run the Kanye/Drake fanclub once he's gone? Do I really want millions of 13 year olds sending me death threats? I don't think so buddy!

#PLUR
#NoViolence
#NewLeaf
#ChangedMan

UMVC3
Vanilla MVC3
MVC2
MVC1
X Men vs SF
MSH
CoTA
TvC
Fist of the North Star

Full kusoge line up.

Congrats Jwong!

mbpm1

Evo Lineup

Gang Beasts
Nidhogg
Don't Break The Ice
Mario Kart 8
Don't Break the Ice
Risk
Mugen
Smash with every round being Sudden Death

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I vote hungry hungry hippo and monopoly.

images

Uraizen

Banned
Mynus asked Ruu about Japan's take on Xrd while he was here. Apparently they're not fans of YRC either.

YRC is one of the new features I'm looking forward to most! I can see it getting annoying after a while now, though. I just spent the day playing a kusoge that has a slowdown mechanic where you can gain enough meter to use slowdown several times a match.

http://youtu.be/DaHoP0tiHW4

Akira looks surprisingly cool and rather faithful in DBFC.

... Nice.

I 100% approve of this list.

As do I, 'tis a damned good list.

MKX is out in April so it'll definitely be out in time for EVO and almost certainly part of the lineup. 5 years in a row for NRS games yay.

I guess no 3D rep at Evo this time around?

Gotta wait for 2016 for Pokken

Evo Lineup

Gang Beasts
Nidhogg
Don't Break The Ice
Mario Kart 8
Don't Break the Ice
Risk
Mugen
Smash with every round being Sudden Death

Gang Beasts and Nidhogg would be godlike

Don't Break The Ice seems like something that would be at UFGT Mystery Game Tournament, aka awesome.

Risk is unfair because whoever gets Australia first wins.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I would legitimately be more excited to watch Gang Beasts, Nidhogg and probably NSMBWii Coop than a lot of the fighting games posted on this page.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I would legitimately be more excited to watch Gang Beasts, Nidhogg and probably NSMBWii Coop than a lot of the fighting games posted on this page.

can't account for taste. don't worry, got a funny feeling evo is gonna have some capcom games for ya and you won't have to suffer thru any of those bewildering other games.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
can't account for taste. don't worry, got a funny feeling evo is gonna have some capcom games for ya and you won't have to suffer thru any of those bewildering other games.
You sound upset, don't know why you'd single out Capcom games considering I'm a huge SC fan and I watch Tekken every year at EVO.

I just barely watch fighting game streams anymore. Or play them. I need new games with better models, and sue me if I think 5+ year old games don't excite me like they used to.

MrWizard

Evo Co-Founder
It's actually super interesting to read comments on how people think, or what people think should be in Evo.

(In Mr. Burns Voice) INNNNNNNNNNNNTERESTING!

Zissou

Even though umvc3 has been around for a while at this point, stuff is still being discovered and I have a crazy list of things I want improve with each character on my main team.

Dahbomb

I just barely watch fighting game streams anymore. Or play them. I need new games with better models, and sue me if I think 5+ year old games don't excite me like they used to.
Time to stop watching MVC3 matches then.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
You sound upset, don't know why you'd single out Capcom games considering I'm a huge SC fan and I watch Tekken every year at EVO.

is cool just getting used to being shit on, sorry to make assumptions enzo.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It's actually super interesting to read comments on how people think, or what people think should be in Evo.

(In Mr. Burns Voice) INNNNNNNNNNNNTERESTING!
More anime! :p It would be awesome to get more players from Japan over from that branch of fighting games. This year was a great showcase of how the games actually are at high level finally :p

Also thanks for being one of the people that let me hang out side stage :p

Top Bottom