• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Here's a picture of GSC's upcoming Shimakaze [from Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~]. She was supposed to be showcased at Comiket, but apparently they opted not to [due to her being fragile].

i0Vre2R7LE9SK.jpg

Now get it painted and allow pre-orders, GSC. I will wait...patiently. Well, I'll try to.

Here's a picture of GSC's upcoming Shimakaze [from Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~]. She was supposed to be showcased at Comiket, but apparently they opted not to [due to her being fragile].

Now get it painted and allow pre-orders, GSC. I will wait...patiently. Well, I'll try to.

She looks pretty adorable. Best version of her so far, I think. Make her a July or August release and I'm down.

When you say she's fragile, I hope you just mean the prototype.

chrono01

She looks pretty adorable. Best version of her so far, I think. Make her a July or August release and I'm down.

When you say she's fragile, I hope you just mean the prototype.
Yeah, GSC didn't want to transport her to Comiket because she was apparently "fragile", although I'm sure that had more to do with her being a prototype [as you said]. The final release should be a lot more stable, GSC isn't exactly new in the figure-business. If they can manage something as extravagant as Ultimate Madoka stable [and Belldandy with Holy Bell, although that's Max Factory], I'm sure they can here as well!

I'm really looking forward to seeing her painted.

I'm really looking forward to seeing her painted.

Yeah, though I think the striped stockings are a big part of the aesthetic appeal. Without those, it just looks like another plain old schoolgirl costume.

Also, I actually took a look at the payment request for my Selvaria, and shipping for registered SAL is 3,780 JPY!? Is that right? Is Selvaria's box that big or are they just being a barrel of cunts with the shipping charges?

Bombless

That much for a used figure? Dang. Also, not sure which way to go with Kancolle. I'm tempted to go with the figmas for all the extra items and positions tbh..

Figmas are becoming numerous in my collection....and looking at the best sold GSC list I have quite a few of those items heheh.

Got a package today:

Based Alter. Christmas is retroactively saved.

Seriously though, this is one of their best figures to my eyes. The manufacturing and paintwork are practically flawless. Also, it's a girl eating ice cream while sitting on another, larger ice cream, and that's pretty cool.

Ryuuroden

Yeah, though I think the striped stockings are a big part of the aesthetic appeal. Without those, it just looks like another plain old schoolgirl costume.

Also, I actually took a look at the payment request for my Selvaria, and shipping for registered SAL is 3,780 JPY!? Is that right? Is Selvaria's box that big or are they just being a barrel of cunts with the shipping charges?

Amiami kicked my ass with shipping for all the StrikerS girls so I am not surprised by that cost.

Anony

so good

nice camera DeadRockstar, how do u take those (focus) shots

Welp just ordered my first actual Chun-li figue(had a Capcom Gals gashapon before)
Only a microman, but probably the first of many.
Still considering that Medicom RAH figure.

Figmas are becoming numerous in my collection....and looking at the best sold GSC list I have quite a few of those items heheh.

I still have yet to cave on figmas and Nendos. Honestly, I don't think I will. I'm really just not interested in them, and I prefer non-poseable figures for display.

Amiami kicked my ass with shipping for all the StrikerS girls so I am not surprised by that cost.

I don't think it actually cost that much to ship, I think they just hate all of us.

nice camera DeadRockstar, how do u take those (focus) shots

They're taken with a Canon DSLR and Macro lens at, I think, F4.0. That's really it. I use flash if necessary, which is most of the time because England is dreary, but that doesn't affect the focus/DoF.

--------------------

This might be worth mentioning re: Ikea Billy. I fitted the doors on mine yesterday and noticed there doesn't need to be much of a gap between them if you don't want. The hinges you get are typical cupboard door hinges, and have the same adjustment screws that allow you to wind the doors both closer to each other and the bookcase itself. Mine look like this now:

Winding them in like that does mean they're no longer completely flush with the outer edge of course, but after trying it both ways I preferred this.

That's how much of the edge ended up showing.

This might be worth mentioning re: Ikea Billy. I fitted the doors on mine yesterday and noticed there doesn't need to be much of a gap between them if you don't want.

I've been thinking about this solution as well. Can you take a pic of the whole unit so I can get a good idea of how it fits in?

george_us

Bayonetta just arrived and she's friggin' huge! I'm a little disappointed though. There are a couple of noticeable seems on her head and where her legs and torso meet. She's nice but not $110 + International shipping nice. Did I also mention she's huge? 'Cause she is!

kewlmyc

Speaking of IKEA, who was it that stated that the Detolfs were going out of production? I bought 3 when I heard that but I don't remember where that piece of info came from.

I love the holidays... My Noel and Lucifer arrived from Japan to LA overnight, but have since been stuck in customs for close to a week now.

*Sigh*

Oh well, given my lack of space right now I'll just be keeping them in their boxes...

Speaking of IKEA, who was it that stated that the Detolfs were going out of production? I bought 3 when I heard that but I don't remember where that piece of info came from.

Dunno, but I'll be damned if it isn't seeming to be true. Just checking the IKEA site, they seem to be available in fewer and fewer locations all the time. I'm looking at billy bookcases instead to fill the void.

LiK

i have been way too lucky. all the UPS/FedEx holiday delays didn't affect me so far. Everything arriving fine.

I still have yet to cave on figmas and Nendos. Honestly, I don't think I will. I'm really just not interested in them, and I prefer non-poseable figures for display.
The variety in poses is one of the things I like best about them.
thats one of the things I dislike about my more statue like figures is certain ones I get tired of their pose after a few months.
switch the pose of most of my Figma every once in a while.

Main thing is selection though, like to be able to get most of a series main characters.

johnsmith

remember me
Big In Japan wouldn't let me change the shipping type, and I screwed up and did SAL when I ordered Junko, so god only knows when I'll get her.

zoku88

Same here. Sucks since USPS refuses to leave packages at my door.

I prefer couriers not do that. I've had some stolen. Plus, I can go to the postal office at my liesure to pick up the packages.

Also, the postal worker recognizes me. When I came home one night, he was leaving the apt complex, recognized me and said "Oh, you're Mr. Zoku, right? I actually have some packages for you this morning but you weren't there. Let me get them for you."

Megahouse Labrys, - 15K
Damn, that's a big box. That's EMS only for sure.
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1509355.html

And just ordered Maou from amiami. After watching 7 episodes in a single night I couldn't not get her.

Too much for Labby. That's about list price and doesn't even include shipping. I don't know what Megahouse was thinking with that pricing.

As for Maou, I watched the anime but wasn't exactly overwhelmed. It was cute, but it just ended without any real resolution.

so i have two boxes that are 4 feet long at least and about 2.5 feet wide sitting in my room. I want to unbox all this shit but renovations are coming soon so I have to store them in the garage... =(.

johnsmith

remember me
As for Maou, I watched the anime but wasn't exactly overwhelmed. It was cute, but it just ended without any real resolution.

Yeah, I hate this about most anime these days, and there was that thread in the OT about it. They're in such a rush to get them out that they do it before there's any kind of resolution.

kewlmyc

Yeah, I hate this about most anime these days, and there was that thread in the OT about it. They're in such a rush to get them out that they do it before there's any kind of resolution.

I think what's to blame is that most anime are adaptions on pre-existing material that isn't finished, leading to open endings. Like Maou was mostly an advertisement for the LN (like nearly all LN/manga/game adaptions), which is now doing very well. We'll probably get a 2nd season eventually since the anime did surprisingly well and there's still plenty of material for it. It will also probably end with an open ending. Main reason why I prefer original anime, which usually have closed endings.

Man, what's the sudden fuss about this kantai collection business? There are like, three or four Shimakaze figures on the way, and concept art for Yukikaze, Kongou, Haruna, Nagato, Mutsu, Tenryuu and probably like, a zillion more. WHERE ARE THEY ALL COMING FROM!?

I'm definitely interested in Kongou, because Max Factory is making one.

kewlmyc

Man, what's the sudden fuss about this kantai collection business? There are like, three or four Shimakaze figures on the way, and concept art for Yukikaze, Kongou, Haruna, Nagato, Mutsu, Tenryuu and probably like, a zillion more. WHERE ARE THEY ALL COMING FROM!?

I'm definitely interested in Kongou, because Max Factory is making one.

Anime next season or Spring season. Forget which one.

Giolon

I think what's to blame is that most anime are adaptions on pre-existing material that isn't finished, leading to open endings. Like Maou was mostly an advertisement for the LN (like nearly all LN/manga/game adaptions), which is now doing very well. We'll probably get a 2nd season eventually since the anime did surprisingly well and there's still plenty of material for it. It will also probably end with an open ending. Main reason why I prefer original anime, which usually have closed endings.

This is exactly the reason for most of these ongoing-LN and manga adaptations. They are basically extended commercials to drum up interest for the LN, and they keep doing it because it generally works very well. Chihayafuru of all things made it into one of the top-selling manga for last year.

This is exactly the reason for most of these ongoing-LN and manga adaptations. They are basically extended commercials to drum up interest for the LN, and they keep doing it because it generally works very well. Chihayafuru of all things made it into one of the top-selling manga for last year.

But in the case of LN's, do those even get translated?

johnsmith

remember me
My Ikea restocked with the beech detolfs, and they expect to have the black-brown ones in stock in 1-2 weeks. A few weeks ago they were out of both with no expected date on both. So they aren't discontinued.

kewlmyc

My Ikea restocked with the beech detolfs, and they expect to have the black-brown ones in stock in 1-2 weeks. A few weeks ago they were out of both with no expected date on both. So they aren't discontinued.

So I drove all the way out to Ohio for nothing.....

Oh well, good news I guess. I can buy more in the future if I decide to buy several more figures.

:|

:/

:(

How the fuck do you make an anime about anthropomorphized warships!? HOW!? This will be like Arpeggio of Blue Steel only 437% less awesome.

They did it for Strike Witches which were anthropomorphized airplanes. Well, I guess Strike Witches was based on a LN...

Story will follow Fubuki's point of view, who oddly enough doesn't have a figure coming yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom