• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so may might be bad...

I want panty from Orchid seed, and possibly T2 Skytube figure. But I already have lynette from strike witches and a figma (AOT) for preorder.

O and saber bride >_> but thats june with archer and another AOT figma

johnsmith

remember me
so may might be bad...

I want panty from Orchid seed, and possibly T2 Skytube figure. But I already have lynette from strike witches and a figma (AOT) for preorder.

Just do it. Something will get delayed.

chrono01

so may might be bad...

Lynette will likely be delayed. This is Alter, after all. I'm incredibly close to pre-ordering Panty, as well. The more I see her, the more I want her. She just has such a unique face, and I love the pose. I didn't love the series, though, but I love the character design. Decisions, decisions...

The only releases for May I have is Nimue [who I might cancel, I'm waiting to see how she looks closer to release given that this is Square Enix] and The Muse of Range Murata. I also might pick up the Catgirl Ver. of Sena/Yozora, to compliment the current Kobato/Maria, but those will likely be delayed anyway.

I say do it. I might grab that Shoubi Yae too, she looks great.

Just do it. Something will get delayed.

Lynette will likely be delayed. This is Alter, after all. I'm incredibly close to pre-ordering Panty, as well. The more I see her, the more I want her. She just has such a unique face, and I love the pose. I didn't love the series, though, but I love the character design. Decisions, decisions...

The only releases for May I have is Nimue [who I might cancel, I'm waiting to see how she looks closer to release given that this is Square Enix] and The Muse of Range Murata. I also might pick up the Catgirl Ver. of Sena/Yozora, to compliment the current Kobato/Maria, but those will likely be delayed anyway.

I say do it. I might grab that Shoubi Yae too, she looks great.

I PO panty for now. T2 i'll wait. Skytube seems like a hit or miss in terms of aftermarket price. Quality is always good but sometimes the figure shoots up in price or drops in price. Their Fault (NSFW) figures all shot up except for the most recent one which drop. Rikka (T2) dropped a tad bit, going for 8k~ maybe 7k even.

so may might be bad...

My May looks like this:

Spider-Woman bishoujo
Range Murata Muse
Madoka
Morgiana
B&W Harley Quinn
Dragon Nest Sorceress
Wolf Children

Not happening. Time to cancel some shit!

I PO panty for now.

I don't know what the fuck you guys see in that figure. It's not even close to the best Panty figure out. The pose is decent, but it looks like the sculpt is lacking based on all the pictures I've seen. You guys just want another figure with a bare ass. :p

chrono01

I don't know what the fuck you guys see in that figure. It's not even close to the best Panty figure out. The pose is decent, but it looks like the sculpt is lacking based on all the pictures I've seen. You guys just want another figure with a bare ass. :p
I can't really say why I like the figure, I just...do. The face is just really appealing to me, and honestly, I'd still feel compelled to purchase her even if she were fully-clothed. Actually, I think I'd prefer it if she had a skirt on, especially for the dual-gun pose. I mean, I understand why she doesn't [since one of the guns is literally her panties, the other being Stocking's], but even still.

To me, her face is somewhere in-between the realistic and "chibi" style from the series [although it's leaning more towards the realistic]. It probably doesn't help that we rarely saw the more realistic Panty in her school uniform [mostly just in the transformation sequences], so it might seem odd to people. I think the figure is based off of this picture, although obviously she doesn't have the grin.

As I said, I can't really say for sure why I like the figure, only that I do. The "bare ass" aspect has absolutely nothing to do with it.

kewlmyc

Here's my top 5 2013 figures.

1. Vash the Stampede: Fantastic detail. Apparently, some units have the figure arriving with a broken leg, so be careful if you ever buy in the future.
98964.jpg

2. Junko Enoshima: Other than the hair color (which I don't mind so much) and smaller bust compared to her in game character., she is a fantastic figure. Bigger than expected too.

3. Chie Satonaka: For all the hate for the Megahouse Persona line gets(even though I think Yu is pretty good), having Chie turn out fantastic is a surprise. Her pose is a little too basic to rank higher though.

4. Elizabeth: She makes me less jealous of all the people with Alter's Elizabeth. Her skin has too much of a yellow tint to rank higher though.

5. Mewtwo: Damn good D-Arts. His customization tail is great.

Most Disappointed: Raven. He should be on the top of the list but his skin color makes him look nothing like the actual character. Is it really so hard to make his skin brownish tan?

All and all, a very satisfying first year of figure buying. Will probably slow down significantly next year when I buy an apartment, but I think I've done well for only being in the fig collecting business for 4 months.
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Kewlmyc

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I just ordered the Tharja figure as well.

So I don't have one figure yet and I ordered:

Lineage 2 Dark Elf (Brown Version) by Max Factory
Alleyna by Orchid Seed
Tharja by Good Smile Company

StayDead

In no particular order my favourite figures this year are: (I may miss some)

a9sBJJb.jpg
]

Nendo Feyris (Steins;Gate)

QZh9H4F.jpg

Nendo Akiho (Robotics;Notes)

f5a9kGe.jpg

Nendo Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier)

1YFbFf3.jpg

Nendo Miho (Girls und Panzer)

Rd07mPK.jpg

Nendo Nyaruko (Haiyore! Nyaruko-chan)

XHfZboD.jpg

Nendo Ultimate Madoka (Madoka Magica)

Xz0rqKD.jpg

figma Kurisu White Coat ver. (Steins;Gate)

I've probably forgot some but I love these <3 This isn't including my nendo petits of Idolm@ster.

george_us

I just ordered the Tharja figure as well.

So I don't have one figure yet and I ordered:

Lineage 2 Dark Elf (Brown Version) by Max Factory
Alleyna by Orchid Seed
Tharja by Good Smile Company
Sounds about right. Make sure you apologize to your wallet later.

kewlmyc

Happy New Year! Thank you guys for ruining my life getting me involved with such a wonderful hobby. Here's to great figures and few delays (lol) next year.

I kinda hit it big this year... and it was my first year as well. Atleast I played catchup and I have all the old release figs now minus a few. Now hopefully this year will be 100% more tame. I will also probably be setting up a list sometime in the future to get rid of some stuff.

chrono01

Happy New Year, Figure GAF!

To those who are regulars, let us collectively weep as we lament the loss of our income spent on figures. Afterwards, let is celebrate in the attainment of said figures.

To those that are new, we have donuts on the far table. Please feel free to indulge and, when finished, join us in the corner as we plan future 2014 releases. It is already looking to be an incredible year.

Sorry wallet, this needs to be done.

It is already looking to be an incredible year.

If by "incredible", you mean "horribly expensive", then yes.

Actually, I think I'm doing alright. I'm already planned out to July, with April and May being the heaviest months. Nothing in February except Tharja... A couple cancellations should put me in the clear.

chrono01

Actually, I think I'm doing alright. I'm already planned out to July, with April and May being the heaviest months. Nothing in February except Tharja... A couple cancellations should put me in the clear.
Yes, incredible and horribly expensive!

As for February, don't worry, Tharja will likely be delayed. Again.

I know, Max Factory usually doesn't delay their items more than once, but I'm already expecting a second delay so that if it does happen, it hopefully won't be as soul-crushing to me as if I was expecting her. If she is released on-time, it will be a pleasant surprise!

george_us

Yeah most of my heavy spending will be during May, June, and July. That doesn't even include figures that don't have release dates though.

All-in-all I'm looking at:
Mara Jade
Spider-Woman
Cammy
Black Canary
Jubilee
Ryuko Matoi
Megahouse Elf
Megahouse Amazon
Megahouse Sorceress
Seven Deadly Sins Mammon

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I just got into figure collecting this past year, but here are my top 5 pickups from 2013:
1. Dark Elf
I_Kyubey1368189181.jpeg

2. Mai Shiranui
OhnoRaptors1354267548.jpeg

3. Junko
hIE1371641518.jpeg

4. Shiraki Meiko
richirocko1369217190.jpeg

5. Lucy Heartfillia
I_Kyubey1378711898.jpeg

A lot of my pickups were re-releases or finding some older figures that caught my eye... and I had plenty of delayed figures as well. Next year is going to be a doozy.

Happy New Year, figureGAF!

johnsmith

remember me
Someone should make a survey so we can vote and nominate a figure of the year. Looks like the top choices seem to be Hacker, Kongiku, and Dark Elf?

Also surprised at the lack of Aoba, that's another figure I regret not getting. He really turned out to be one of the best of the year. Big lack of Elin too.

Also surprised at the lack of Aoba, that's another figure I regret not getting. He really turned out to be one of the best of the year. Big lack of Elin too.

Yeah, I had a chance to grab Aoba shortly after he came out for about $120. Should have jumped on it. But I wasn't familiar with the source material at the time, so when I looked it up, I was like "boy love!? Ewwwww!"

Never heard of Elin, though. Where is she from?

RocBase

He's definitely my best figure of 2013, I just couldn't be bothered to make a list. :p

EDIT: If anyone is really serious about owning an Aoba every once in a blue moon he pops up on Manda for about 16~18k Yen, which is the cheapest you will get as he typically goes for well over 200 bucks.

Gyrian

It had been a while since I'd last gone after any figures, so I've sort of been catching up over the last couple of weeks. Just awful for the wallet, but I could not resist.
I found a Momohime about a month ago, and now thanks to Sushigod7 here, a matching Kongiku!
Thank you very much by the way, she arrived quickly and packed so well it put a number of stores to shame.

sSzqsPP.jpg

NzHQFEq.jpg

Sushigod7

It had been a while since I'd last gone after any figures, so I've sort of been catching up over the last couple of weeks. Just awful for the wallet, but I could not resist.
I found a Momohime about a month ago, and now thanks to Sushigod7 here, a matching Kongiku!
Thank you very much by the way, she arrived quickly and packed so well it put a number of stores to shame.

sSzqsPP.jpg

NzHQFEq.jpg

Hey she looks great! Nice set there! (not Kongiku's lol)

Oh male figures got some love on the lists. Unfortunately, I think I only started in the late summer so I dont have even five yet. Though the UtaPri figures have all been my favorites of this year, and definitely for next year too along with the painted versions of the Free! ones.

Naruto GEM is favorite though. Still waiting on slowisland to get me it.

Happy New Figures Year!

Don't really like a favorite figure list since I didn't really buy any this year expect a bunch of Nendos that all arrived right before Christmas and I haven't actually opened them yet...

EDIT: If anyone is really serious about owning an Aoba every once in a blue moon he pops up on Manda for about 16~18k Yen, which is the cheapest you will get as he typically goes for well over 200 bucks.

Yeah, I saw some old Mandarake listings for like, $200, $220. But I usually won't pay anymore than $130 or so for a single figure, and only then if it's something I really really want. So things like Aoba and Bounty Hunter Yoko are more than I'm willing to spend. I'm still hoping for a Yoko re-release.

RMI

Banned
Happy new year Figure GAF. I've only been here for 6 months and already the enabling has been strong, and my wallet has suffered greatly. Wouldn't have it any other way though. Looking forward to 2014!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
An Amazon Prime seller dropped the price on this Gurren-Lagann Yoko Space Look & Gunbee Ver. 1/5 Scale PVC Figure down to $80 new. Have never seen it that low so I jumped on it, with some concern that it might be a bootleg. But nope, it's legit.

The figure is based on this artwork:

Sorry the lighting sucks on this box shot.

The bike doesn't come with all of the logos painted on, and instead goes the cheap route of including them as decals. Decided to leave them off.

Bombless

That Yoko is huge :O Great figure with an original pose/base.

Black hair FemShep is heresy, however the weapon choice is great. I love the omniblade arm but it looks silly with the open hand of the red hair version. A biotic effect would had been perfect to go along with it.

I join the others earlier in this thread in praising Femshep Bisho. She is amazing and the armour is brilliant. You really can't go wrong with either version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom