• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMI

Banned
Another fantastically hilarious amiami english blog review

Io%20Nita_02.jpg

All systems go! Our overhead reconnaissance reveals a pair of aerodynamic ta-tas that are ready to blast off into the stratosphere. And when those engines fire, you better believe that the blowback will send her skirt sky high! I just hope I'm there for liftoff.
aerodynamic ta-tas fucking killed me. too bad the figure looks like shit.

So Plastikitty is at Toyfair. Dark angel Olivia is shown unpainted, Jubilee and Black Canary are not shown at all... This is bad.

Wut? WUT!? WUUUUUUUUT!?!?!?! What the fuck has Koto been doing? And this is the first time I can ever recall a figure going Art -> Sculpt -> Painted -> Unpainted.

Play Arts TitanFall incoming

Nice. I love paying $200 for things that fall apart right out of the box!

What's that? 1/2 and 1/4 scale figures not large enough for you? Worry not! Idea Factory [not sure yet on the manufacturer] will be releasing a 1/1 scale figure of Nepgear [from Hyper Dimension Neptunia].

That's right... a 1/1 scale. She'll retail for 480,000 yen [no, that isn't a typo] and is scheduled for release in 2014.

Here's a picture:

ibd2dBqT5bRqaq.jpg

I'm really not sure what to say about this, only that I would recommend you not to buy this one used [if you know what I mean].
290.gif

I have pretty much given up on Play Arts besides Metal Gear
and the desperate hope of ever getting a Kingdom Hearts version of Squall.(what is SE aversion to Leon merchandise?)

Think it's cause they will rather use the cash cow of Final Fantasy 7 merchandises

johnsmith

remember me
I think I'm going to grab the Jun Kazama bishoujo once she's cheap on amazon. I kind of regret passing on Christie when she was cheap now.

Giolon

I think I'm going to grab the Jun Kazama bishoujo once she's cheap on amazon. I kind of regret passing on Christie when she was cheap now.

I keep looking at Jun, and when you view her from certain angles, the proportions of her torso are really weird.

Christie is pretty nice but I haven't been able to display her due to space. Maybe I should sell her...

chrono01

So Plastikitty is at Toyfair. Dark angel Olivia is shown unpainted, Jubilee and Black Canary are not shown at all... This is bad.
This actually happened with Swimsuit Lucifer, as well. Not sure how/why it happens, but it does occasionally.

I don't believe that this is indicative of a delay or, at least, I hope not. Speaking of delays, I hope to hear something regarding Tharja, Deep Sea Hatsune Miku, and Alleyne this week. I cannot take the anticipation!!

chrono01

I think I could go for an Olivia delay. Too much stuff coming next month. XD
True enough.

If figures from this month are indeed delayed into March, I could definitely use a delay for Olivia as well. I'd hate to see the shipping cost for Deep Sea Hatsune Miku, Olivia, Tharja, Alleyne, Iris Hartley, Risty, and 7th Dragon 2020 Hatsune Miku. I'm not so sure that they'd be able to be shipped in one box, I might need two.

LiK

I almost want to now that I'm playing it, but I don't trust Phat enough to preorder from them anymore. Maybe once I see how she ends up.

I really want a Hina figure though.

yea, i'm surprised Hina hasn't been made. she's super cute and the boob potential.

True enough.

If figures from this month are indeed delayed into March, I could definitely use a delay for Olivia as well. I'd hate to see the shipping cost for Deep Sea Hatsune Miku, Olivia, Tharja, Alleyne, Iris Hartley, Risty, and 7th Dragon 2020 Hatsune Miku. I'm not so sure that they'd be able to be shipped in one box, I might need two.

I think you'd be lucky to get all of that in two boxes. You might be looking at three.

As for Olivia, maybe it went back to unpainted because they're switching to the blue-hair version. plz plz plz

Hey guys what do you think of this figure.

My inner halo fan wants to buy it

It'd be cool if the cloak wasn't quite so thick. I know it's hard to make things as thin as they need to be where molded plastic is involved, but that cloak makes it look too bulky in the shoulders.

Yonafunu

So I was about to order my first ever figures from amiami, RIO:bone's Canti Red and Green re-releases. Turns out they're sold out. Last time I checked, yesterday, they were still in stock. Lesson learned; order that shit the minute you see it.

Is there any way to know if they're going to be restocked, and/or how long that would take?

As you can tell, total rookie here, just starting out. I got my first three figures in Japan last summer, and decided I kinda like having them on my shelf. So here I am.

chrono01

So I was about to order my first ever figures from amiami, RIO:bone's Canti Red and Green re-releases. Turns out they're sold out. Last time I checked, yesterday, they were still in stock. Lesson learned; order that shit the minute you see it.

Is there any way to know if they're going to be restocked, and/or how long that would take?

As you can tell, total rookie here, just starting out. I got my first three figures in Japan last summer, and decided I kinda like having them on my shelf. So here I am.
http://www.figinstock.com/

I wish you luck, friend.

Bombless

naw, Play-Arts armored characters are all excellent. I own all the Halo ones. they're more like mechs than the typical human crap P-A comes out with.

After having a figure being shipped with a broken foot I find myself unable to give money to Square Enix ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom