• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hidden compartment in the Spider-Woman base...

DhjYpl0.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/kotobukiya/posts/814915555191509?stream_ref=10

johnsmith

remember me
Need to start getting rid of some figures I'm not crazy about.

Selling these for $25 + shipping for neogaf. Gonna sell them for a bit more if I have to list them on ebay.
Figuarts Chie
Figma Chie
Figma Yukiko
All were displayed for a few months and come complete.

$15 + shipping - Taito Prize Figure - Rise - new and unopened

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Insane, you have the exact same pre-orders as I do [if Tharja and Alleyne are indeed delayed into March].

You have great taste in figures, my friend.

*brofist*

May our wallets weep together.

Last year, when I first started, I just thought I'd be getting a single figure every now and again... what a downward spiral.

Without context, this is kind of terrifying.

Yay, new figures...

The evil twin arrived, standing next the the good twin and their big sister :)

And this seemed such a great idea when I ordered her. Somehow I convinced myself that she was castoff, not birthday suit... Now all I can think is "Where the hell am I going to display her???"

Lol at the second one. That is my main issue with preordering that Senran Asuka figure. I love how it looks but can't possibly see myself displaying that anywhere in my house. I don't really fret to much over what my friends think of it when they stop by but at the same time...lol

Nice Sonico collection by the way.

Ryuuroden

looks like I'll keep my Kancolle and Sonico stuff to myself then...

anyways, hopefully Tharja doesn't get delayed...that would be most unfortunate

also I may still get a Carrier girl since shes an archer and looks cool even if I am not interested in the Kancolle series per se, I do love all things military.

Bombless

I like the Arpeggio girls much more but damn if
hipozaurus1392006176.jpeg

isn't one of the coolest looking characters/figures I have seen in a while.

Yeah, Akagi is great. It's just the heavy cruisers/battleships that are boring : normal girl with a heap of turrets on her. I hope other carriers / submarine girls will have interesting designs.

Ryuuroden

Yeah, Akagi is great. It's just the heavy cruisers/battleships that are boring : normal girl with a heap of turrets on her. I hope other carriers / submarine girls will have interesting designs.

Yeah thats what I'm saying, if an Akagi statue is made and it looks good, ill prolly pick it up. It would most likely be the only one.

RPGCrazied

Kind of a newbie on figure collecting. I just bought/ordered this not to long ago. Most expensive figure I'll be owning. Thankfully I have a display case for it. I just love Metroid! Can't wait to receive it.

Josephl64

Yay, new figures...

The evil twin arrived, standing next the the good twin and their big sister :)

And this seemed such a great idea when I ordered her. Somehow I convinced myself that she was castoff, not birthday suit... Now all I can think is "Where the hell am I going to display her???"

Nice Sonicos, and yeah that's probably my main problem with ever getting a Bible Black girl.

Lol at the second one. That is my main issue with preordering that Senran Asuka figure. I love how it looks but can't possibly see myself displaying that anywhere in my house. I don't really fret to much over what my friends think of it when they stop by but at the same time...lol

Nice Sonico collection by the way.

At the very least Asuka can have some clothes on which is why I never minded it

Kancolle is awesome. I just don't have enough money to buy all the figures ;_;

:)

I like the Arpeggio girls much more but damn if
hipozaurus1392006176.jpeg

isn't one of the coolest looking characters/figures I have seen in a while.

Akagi is actually one of my faves along with Kaga and Zuihou.

I guess once you start playing the game, you get attached to their characters alot more. As for the anime, it will probably end up to be more fanservicey and fun. Sonico's actually has backstory and you can really see them try, which is weird in something that could have been a cheap cash-in

Went to a local comic shop today, he has a few random figures here and there. Saw he had the Kotobukiya Asuka from 3.33, looked amazing and he only wants 90 for it. Really tempted to go back and get it later, still giving it a thought. Anyone have this?

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/141607

I bought her back when she came out. I like her a lot. Her grip on the helmet isn't super-firm, and relies mostly on gravity to stay where it is with her fingers acting as a hook. She's a bit pricey, but she's a really nice figure. Not sure I like her more than the Alter version coming out this year, though. But the Koto version is 1/6 scale, which is a preferred scale for a lot of folks.

Well, seems like 1 line of my collection is coming to an end based on Hasbro's Toy Fair.

RIP GI JOE,
I had fun collecting you since the 25th anniversary line in 2007.

Kind of a newbie on figure collecting. I just bought/ordered this not to long ago. Most expensive figure I'll be owning. Thankfully I have a display case for it. I just love Metroid! Can't wait to receive it.

I think a lot of people started with Samus, I did and a gaffer I know irl did as well

Bishoujo Psylocke hit $50 with free shipping on amazon so finally bought her. (watch her drop even more now)

Still don't know why you had to wait for her to hit $50 specifically when $54 was unlikely to break the bank. Especially when you just dropped what? $250 on that Mary-Jane statue?

johnsmith

remember me
Still don't know why you had to wait for her to hit $50 specifically when $54 was unlikely to break the bank. Especially when you just dropped what? $250 on that Mary-Jane statue?

Because I knew she would keep dropping in price and I wasn't in a hurry to get her? Hell, I know I overpaid even at $50. She'll probably hit $45 in a couple of weeks. And I didn't just save $4. I saved over $20 when compared to people that ordered off amiami.

I hope he used a coupon on that MJ statue. There's a 25$ off one atm too.

personally im waiting for xiaoyu to hit sub 50 as well.

Psylocke is a maybe...

Psylocke is a must unless you don't like the face or don't like the straps on her legs hugging her thighs so tightly, or maybe you just don't want a low crouching bishoujo because it doesn't fit with previously released figures. Unless it's the face that bothers you I'd try to overlook the other minor details because she's honestly one of the best bishoujo's to date IMO.

chrono01

What's that? 1/2 and 1/4 scale figures not large enough for you? Worry not! Idea Factory [not sure yet on the manufacturer] will be releasing a 1/1 scale figure of Nepgear [from Hyper Dimension Neptunia].

That's right... a 1/1 scale. She'll retail for 480,000 yen [no, that isn't a typo] and is scheduled for release in 2014.

Here's a picture:

ibd2dBqT5bRqaq.jpg

I'm really not sure what to say about this, only that I would recommend you not to buy this one used [if you know what I mean].

What's that? 1/2 and 1/4 scale figures not large enough for you? Worry not! Idea Factory [not sure yet on the manufacturer] will be releasing a 1/1 scale figure of Nepgear [from Hyper Dimension Neptunia].

That's right... a 1/1 scale. She'll retail for 480,000 yen [no, that isn't a typo] and is scheduled for release in 2014.

At that point, why wouldn't you just spring the extra $1000 for a Real Doll?

cajunator

Banned

Here's a picture:

ibd2dBqT5bRqaq.jpg

I'm really not sure what to say about this, only that I would recommend you not to buy this one used [if you know what I mean].

Forget the dumb doll. I wanna know what car that is. Not a mazda Az1 or subaru svx. It looks more exotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom