• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

A Red Nendoroid? *throws money*

Oh please don't be something silly like a Pokemon Center exclusive.

50b0ecb26fc07.gif

The Red Nendoroid looks amazing.

Apparently he will be a Pokémon Center/Amazon.jp exclusive, but come with all three starts Pokémon. The order period is June 24th - July 29th.

I'm hoping that I can simply order from Amazon.jp. I know they have no problem shipping some items Internationally, but I'm not sure if figures are included in that. If not, I could always use a proxy.

I must have it regardless.

Dammit. Hopefully BiJ or N-Y has it up. I'm hesitant on using proxies.

chrono01

Dammit. Hopefully BiJ or N-Y has it up. I'm hesitant on using proxies.
Yeah, I'm sure BIJ/N-Y will offer him. Hopefully.

It's a shame to see something like this be an exclusive, though. It makes obtaining them, if you're outside of Japan or don't have family/friends living there, more difficult than it could be. Maybe it will be one of those "timed" exclusives?

Edit - The pre-order date is actually May 24th - June 29th. My apologies.

kewlmyc

Yeah, I'm sure BIJ/N-Y will offer him. Hopefully.

It's a shame to see something like this be an exclusive, though. It makes obtaining them, if you're outside of Japan or don't have family/friends living there, more difficult than it could be. Maybe it will be one of those "timed" exclusives?

It's also weird that it won't be up on GSC's shop. Or will it?

meijiko

So it looks like you're going to be oing this for everyone in this thread then huh?

Haha, I can post the link in the thread if she does pickups. But I'm really doubting this will be Pokecen exclusive. At worst it might be Pokecen + GSC website. This is the first Pokemon nendoroid they've done, so we don't really know what they'll do.

Bombless

This thread is now NintendoFigure GAF.

Plastikitty said:
Now to the bad news: He will be an exclusive to the Pokemon Center store in Japan with an order period from May 24th through June 29th and will release on September 24th and will be ¥4,500. But all hope isn’t lost for those of us overseas! He’ll also be available for order on Amazon.co.jp, which, sadly will not ship figures to the US, but it does allow for us to use a proxy to be able to get him easily. I know I’ll be ordering at least one, but now give me a Nendoroid Pikachu and the female trainer so that I can have a Nendoroid of Leah to match!

meijiko

Damn, so he is exclusive. I'll see what my usual go-between is going to do--she usually handles a lot of the PC stuff for the Pokemon collectors community, but I don't know how many one can pre-order as an individual.

Worst case scenario, we have to go through a proxy on Amazon, or wait for release and go the YJA route.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Doesn't make much sense for Red Nendoroid to be exclusive/limited. It'd be a very popular figure I bet if they'd make it readily available to all.

Doesn't make much sense for Red Nendoroid to be exclusive/limited. It'd be a very popular figure I bet if they'd make it readily available to all.

What do I need to do to get Nintendo to hook up with Max Factory for a continuing series of Nintendo figures? I would buy every one.

Ryuuroden

It's like Snow Miku but powered by nostalgia and the fact that there's barely any Pokemon trainer figures out there. I would buy the hell out of Red, Brendan, and Dawn scales.

Wait what, there is a pokeman trainer that has the same name as me (Brendan)? Wow, never knew. Is that in the Japanese version as well?

Here are Red's details

Pokemon Trainer Red will come with:

3 Face plates, 4 Arm parts, 5 Wrist Parts, and 3 Leg Parts.
Pokemon: Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander.
Accessory: Pokemon Index, Pokemon Ball, Master Ball, and Rucksack.

Comes out whilst i'm in Japan :D That extra Kidney will come handy whilst in the Pokemon Centre.

LOOK AT HIM :_;
lA4q9hN.jpg

Will go well with these guys..
8679065428_cd10350b81.jpg

Here are Red's details

Pokemon Trainer Red will come with:

3 Face plates, 4 Arm parts, 5 Wrist Parts, and 3 Leg Parts.
Pokemon: Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander.
Accessory: Pokemon Index, Pokemon Ball, Master Ball, and Rucksack.

Comes out whilst i'm in Japan :D That extra Kidney will come handy whilst in the Pokemon Centre.

LOOK AT HIM :_;
lA4q9hN.jpg

Will go well with these guys..
8679065428_cd10350b81.jpg
Goddam I wantit bad....

javac

Guys I bought a Max Factory Morrigan for 8k...but she doesn't have her stand. I don't actually have her in hand yet. Two questions.
  1. Was that worth it?
  2. Any other way I can prop her up when she arrives? Maybe a place I can buy her stand or something?

Thanks.

kewlmyc

Guys I bought a Max Factory Morrigan for 8k...but she doesn't have her stand. I don't actually have her in hand yet. Two questions.
  1. Was that worth it?
  2. Any other way I can prop her up when she arrives? Maybe a place I can buy her stand or something?

Thanks.
Cool considering she's rare, but you bought an incomplete figure, which I would never recommend.

MCD

1. Was that worth it?

Thanks.

Look at E2046 or any other GK site. They should have standard bases for sale.

Her stand isn't anything special so any should do.

javac

Look at E2046 or any other GK site. They should have standard bases for sale.

Her stand isn't anything special so any should do.

Thank you for the help. I'm not sure how to go about it tho. I can get a base, and like you said hers is very simple but how do I go about the pegs for her feet? I assume the base originally was detachable with pegs. Would I have to buy some pegs of some sort and apply them to the base?

There's a resin kit of this Morrigan too so maybe there's a way for me to get a hold of the base that comes with that. Hmmm. Kina regretting my purchase but I didn't want to pay $200 or $300 for her lol.

This apparently is what her stand looks like but I've seen purple ones as well.

MCD

I swear I read someone making a peg for a figure here or on MFC. Wish I could help more.

I guess drilling or buying a bootleg of her might be an option if all else fails.

javac

I swear I read someone making a peg for a figure here or on MFC. Wish I could help more.

I guess drilling or buying a bootleg of her might be an option if all else fails.

Thanks for the help. I'll look into it. The things we spend money on when we're half asleep eh? :p

javac

It's cool. It's a steal at 8k stand be damned!

You can buy plain display bases at any craft store.

Thanks for reassuring me that I didn't make too much of a mistake. A lot of people won't settle for anything but the best condition and a missing stand would be an instant turn off for many but like you say 8k although not cheap is better than the 40k it regularly goes for. It's boxed and everything. The stand is pretty basic for this figure so hopefully I can find one for it :)

Also this thing weighs almost 1kg. Damn that's big.

1. Was that worth it?

Thanks.

Dude, I wouldn't worry about it.
I got mine with the base, but both pegs are broken. The base is nothing special at all, so you could easily get a replacement one. The figure is awesome :)

javac

Dude, I wouldn't worry about it.
I got mine with the base, but both pegs are broken. The base is nothing special at all, so you could easily get a replacement one. The figure is awesome :)

Thank you but that sucks about your pegs :( I think I've heard a few people on MFC talking about theirs having a broken peg too and a listing on ebay that went for 300 had a broken peg. Maybe it's due to the size or the base is cheap. Hopefully I find a replacement base because the figure looks awesome :)

Bombless

I'm on a "No fucking purchases this month OR ELSE!" policy but that Morrigan...that Morrigan would trample over ANY policy I'd try to put in place. Nice purchase dude.

javac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom