• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

RMI

Banned
Jubilee so cheap. Must resist.

mustn't start buying Bishoujos.... must be strong.

FIGURE-006895.jpg

Just noticed Isuzu went up on AmiAmi. So at this rate I'll have the whole team sometime late winter next year.

chrono01

She'll get bargain-binned when she comes out. Guaranteed. Ain't no one gonna pay $150 for a WING figure.
The standard version? Probably. It's from a relatively "niche" series, and it's not exactly cheap. The DX Ver. though [with the Muramasa Spider], probably not. I can't see them over-producing that one, but then, you never know.

I have Wing's Sansei Muramasa pre-ordered so I'll likely grab this one too [since my November is relatively bare]. I haven't decided which version, though. I do like that Muramasa Spider...

I have Wing's Sansei Muramasa pre-ordered so I'll likely grab this one too [since my November is relatively bare]. I haven't decided which version, though. I do like that Muramasa Spider...

Get the version with the spider-tank, or don't bother.

And yes, she'll hit the bargain bin. It's basically two figures. If they didn't over-produce beyond pre-orders, they'd only end up making like, five of them. Who the fuck is going to pay $150 for that?

chrono01

Get the version with the spider-tank, or don't bother.

And yes, she'll hit the bargain bin. It's basically two figures. If they didn't over-produce beyond pre-orders, they'd only end up making like, five of them. Who the fuck is going to pay $150 for that?
I don't know. It's a lot of money, but if you're a fan of the series, I can see how it might be worth it. You're right in saying to either get the one with the Spider or not at all, without it the figure just looks...odd. I mean, what's she even leaning against without it?

As you said, it's basically two figures. So you're paying $75 for Chachamaru Ashikaga and $75 for the Muramasa Spider. That's not too bad, but only if you're a fan of both. It's definitely not worth buying it, though, if only one interests you [obviously]. In that case, there's the standard one, but again, she doesn't look complete without the Muramasa Spider.

I can see them limiting the cut-off for the DX Ver., though. I doubt they'll want to over-produce and then end up with additional stock later on if people start cancelling. That's why I don't feel the DX Ver. will hit the bargain bin, since I don't personally believe it will be widely available. However, the figure market can be so difficult to predict, it's difficult to say either way. >_<

The standard though, there's a high chance of that one getting bargain-binned. Hell, there's a good chance their Sansei Muramasa will too, but I still have her pre-ordered. I need more dark-skinned figures.

I don't know. It's a lot of money, but if you're a fan of the series, I can see how it might be worth it. You're right in saying to either get the one with the Spider or not at all, without it the figure just looks...odd. I mean, what's she even leaning against without it?

Seriously, chrono. Don't do it. If it doesn't hit the bargain bin, you can live without it. I have no fucks to give. If she ends up dirt cheap at some point, I may grab her, but she's not a priority. I'm psyched about all the bishoujos coming out in the fall. Starfire, Jubilee, Batgirl, let me count the waifus. :D

Bombless

Seriously, chrono. Don't do it. If it doesn't hit the bargain bin, you can live without it. I have no fucks to give. If she ends up dirt cheap at some point, I may grab her, but she's not a priority. I'm psyched about all the bishoujos coming out in the fall. Starfire, Jubilee, Batgirl, let me count the waifus. :D
As I said last year, 2014 is the year of the Bishoujos. So many great figures both released and revealed.

I'd love that spider tank separately tbh, but only if it was binned. Getting both? No wai!

Bombless

It's true, I am.

Whether we'll see a bishoujo Thor is largely dependent upon whether this is a long-term status quo change, or just some gimmick that lasts for three months before everything goes back to normal.

I suspect it's a gimmick, but damn I'd love a Thor Bishoujo. Shunya pls.

george_us

As you said, it's basically two figures. So you're paying $75 for Chachamaru Ashikaga and $75 for the Muramasa Spider. That's not too bad, but only if you're a fan of both. It's definitely not worth buying it, though, if only one interests you [obviously]. In that case, there's the standard one, but again, she doesn't look complete without the Muramasa Spider.

I can see them limiting the cut-off for the DX Ver., though. I doubt they'll want to over-produce and then end up with additional stock later on if people start cancelling. That's why I don't feel the DX Ver. will hit the bargain bin, since I don't personally believe it will be widely available. However, the figure market can be so difficult to predict, it's difficult to say either way. >_<

The standard though, there's a high chance of that one getting bargain-binned. Hell, there's a good chance their Sansei Muramasa will too, but I still have her pre-ordered. I need more dark-skinned figures.
The spider is half the reason I wanted it. I was willing to pay 10k but 15 is insanity with the way figure prices have been crashing so soon after release. I agree with you that it feels like she'll be a limited run but that price is too much. I've already got MF Psychic coming in November.

I refuse to buy another Bishoujo until I see Black Canary painted goddammit.

RMI

Banned
dang, don't know how i missed that. I already have Koto's shinobu and the reprint of the GSC one is on the way.... not sure how many shinobus I need. Probably will buy.

Einbroch

Banned
Erg. I want it, but the $15 extra for what I would consider an essential hairstyle really turns me off.

Gonna wait for her used on Mandarake.

Vlaphor

Just ordered the Shiraki Meiko Catsuit Version on Ebay for $100. Cheapest I've ever seen it. No box, but that isn't essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom