• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
I ordered two figures from Manda. I only wanted one, but it was only 3k so I added another figure to get to 5k and avoid the 500Y handling fee. I checked it for "cancel order if this figure is unavailable" for the figure I wanted. Well, the one I didn't want was sold so I was only getting the one I wanted. They didn't charge the fee.

That's pretty neat.

I ordered two figures from Manda. I only wanted one, but it was only 3k so I added another figure to get to 5k and avoid the 500Y handling fee. I checked it for "cancel order if this figure is unavailable" for the figure I wanted. Well, the one I didn't want was sold so I was only getting the one I wanted. They didn't charge the fee.

That's pretty neat.

Whoooo! You saved $5.

Who's that in your avatar of the day?

Luigi87

I just arrived at my hotel in Ueno, Figure GAF... So exhausted.

But tomorrow I am hoping to finally go to Akihabara! I brought an empty suitcase just in case (literally... though I spread stuff out for when I came over because I figured a truly empty suitcase would seem suspect...)

MCD

I just arrived at my hotel in Ueno, Figure GAF... So exhausted.

But tomorrow I am hoping to finally go to Akihabara! I brought an empty suitcase just in case (literally... though I spread stuff out for when I came over because I figured a truly empty suitcase would seem suspect...)

I will be staying at Ueno too come Sept. :)

You should have tried to insert the empty bag inside a bigger one.

WolfStark

Hot Toys going to make Guardian of the Galaxy figures now:
10568957_10152195494552344_4838252559282087533_n.jpg

Luigi87

I will be staying at Ueno too come Sept. :)

You should have tried to insert the empty bag inside a bigger one.

Ueno seems like a reasonable area.

That is what I would have done, unfortunately that would have put me over the 50 lbs per single bag limit that I had, so the split gave me a nice 20/30lbs difference (bag weight included).

Ban Puncher

I got my first Detolf today. Now I can actually display figures outside of their packaging, safe from grubby fingers and jerk cats.

Today was a good day.

StayDead

I said before cajun but I'll be moving with my 120 odd figures later in the year too. I'm moving about 40 minutes away from where I live now and I'm scared to hell of breaking anything while putting them all back in their boxes and stuff.

The older scale ones I'm going to wrap in bubble wrap as I'm scared their pegs will break inside the figure like they did with my elsie D:

Protip - Putting together a Detolf by yourself kinda sucks.

Ugh, sounds awful. I'd be too afraid of breaking something. But if you've built them before, that makes it somewhat easier.

Megahouse Elf Cone solutions from 2chan and 4chan:

Okay, that's actually a really good idea. Where are those flames from?

Anna Williams Teaser from Kotobukiya

All many of my HHHHHHHNNNGGGGGG.

Where's SD Burton?

WolfStark

Been unsure about the new Anna Williams after the Nina fail. In her old artwork Anna has definitly more details. The new one is just plain red.
anna-ttt2-yamashita.jpg

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Some quick Signum pics, She looks great, totally a great buy. I think if she hadn't been an exclusive, I would have held off for a post release decline in price as I still think she cost too much but on the other hand everything about her is perfect, her pose, accessories (3 different weapon poses), the activeness of it, the paint job, her thighs, the stand its the most stable stand I've seen; no way shes gonna fall or lean, its solid.

I really wanted this figure also, but the price :(

Ryuuroden

The price was nuts, otherwise I probably would have bought her as well. But I guess it's easier for you guys that don't buy 650 figures per year.

Yup, since I'm still pretty selective it wasn't bad. Not a fan of the price but Signum was the only team member that I wanted that I was still missing. May still get Teanna and Subaru someday since they sell for pretty cheap but haven't decided. I also used the fact that I got all the rest except Nanoha and Fate for way under the original price as an excuse. I still need a better display option for Nanoha and Fate as they are open-air displayed right now and also the only shelving units that can hold them are in my LEGO room which means I have lost a complete shelf that I could of used for Lego.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Anna Williams Teaser from Kotobukiya
10561804_910732358943161_5996670556609388516_n.jpg

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

YES! YES! FUCK YES!

I have to get all the Tekken women now: all I need is Lili, Xiaoyu, and Jaycee. Pretty sure I have Nina on Pre-order and if I don't I soon will!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

YES! YES! FUCK YES!

I have to get all the Tekken women now: all I need is Lili, Xiaoyu, and Jaycee. Pretty sure I have Nina on Pre-order and if I don't I soon will!

Someone's excited.

Also, Sideshow Sentinel reveal:

July 2015 release, and it'll only run you $900.

My order is £85 on Amazon. £90 is a great price too, I mean I was initially going to put in an order for £150 the second that it was put up for pre-order but decided to wait a few days and got it for £85 with a little patience.

Javac, Zavvi has a code for 10% off blurays and dvd preorders and it's applicable for the CE, so with code it's £80.99
http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/gurren-lagann-ultimate-edition/10891993.html

Had some reward points from Zavvi that I've gotten the price under £80 =D

Yaari

On a used sales site in my country someone already offered a Snow Miku Nendo on June 12th. I thought it was a new figure, how does this work?

Bombless

On a used sales site in my country someone already offered a Snow Miku Nendo on June 12th. I thought it was a new figure, how does this work?

GSC sells her at events and conventions, it was also for sale here in Europe at London Comic Con and Japan Expo in Paris.

Yaari

Thanks. Looked into the seller though and apparently his 21 pages of items listed, are all bootlegs. I was getting pretty excited to find it on there, but glad I did some research.

Guess Miku especially is a popular character for bootlegs eh?

He uses official pictures so it is easy to get drawn into things.

I found someone on MFC who claimed to have a second which I could get from her, who then went completely quiet afterwards, so not sure what the deal with that is. Silly games.

Yaari

There's a pre-owned WonderFest 2014 Snow Miku up at AmiAmi, but I'm guessing it's a bit more than you wanted to spend.

Yeah it is haha. Someone told me she could drop in value after release, might have even been you. I was going to wait for that but then I saw people mentioning having ordered multiple of these. Not sure how that even works, but I figured maybe I can jump unto it.

Some people from French on MFC also did a group order which I missed out on. 50EUR was a great value, too bad I did not even find out about this one until someone posted it here.

But yeah 12,000¥ is too much for me. I could get it within Europe for that price and avoid the custom charges that always seem to hit me.

Yeah it is haha. Someone told me she could drop in value after release, might have even been you. I was going to wait for that but then I saw people mentioning having ordered multiple of these. Not sure how that even works, but I figured maybe I can jump unto it.

GSC took pre-orders on the wide-release version a few months back. They charged me for mine earlier this month, so it should be shipping soon. Once she's out in the wild, then prices should come down.

NEO0MJ

My lil' bro brought me a gift, thought some people here might like it.

It's the Tokyo Vinyl Mechagodzilla. Really cute little bugger. While I'm not a big fan of SD figures I really appreciate it, after all Mechagodzilla is one of my favorite kaiju, and it fits well in my mecha-collection.

Also, Sideshow Sentinel reveal:

July 2015 release, and it'll only run you $900.

I won't lie, if this was based on the MvC design I might have been tempted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom