• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

I will not start buying figures

090606-wrong-neighborhood.jpg

Bombless

Ken

I'm more interested in the spider tank, the figure itself...meh. PASSU!

I want it...badly...I haven't pre-ordered her yet, mostly due to cost and seeing if I can afford her, but she is on my list.

If I do order her, though, it will be the DX Ver. and not the Standard. She's just not complete without that Muramasa Spider.

I think she's pretty cute on her own but I can see the argument for getting the mech (which doesn't do much for me personally) too. Argh, I wanted to save some yens though!

Anyone getting that Chachamaru figure?

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-006897

I need to know that someone else out there wants it besides me lol.

Hahahahaha no. Not at that price.

Sheryl Nome hits 10,000 yen on AmiAmi.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...59$s_saleitem=1$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

Considering she was around 16,000 yen retail, that's quite a sale. I still have no interest in her, though.

I think a lot of people know better than to fall for that trick when shipping is going to be lolololol.

chrono01

AkhbarItsA(EMS)Trap.jpg

I think a lot of people know better than to fall for that trick when shipping is going to be lolololol.
Well yeah, sure. EMS shipping will increase the price quite a bit. Even still, if you're interested in the figure [and don't have hobby stores near you that sell this kind of thing] it's better to pay 10,000 yen + EMS shipping than the 16,000 yen + EMS shipping that you had at release.

You still save money, although as mentioned the EMS shipping will increase it by about 5,000 yen or so [maybe more]. >_<

Ryuuroden

Hahahahaha no. Not at that price.

Even with shipping, if it was something I liked, I would jump on it at that sort of discount. Devil homura for instance. I just don't like how sheryl looks even if it is an interesting base. I just can't justify paying that much for homura, especially now when all prices are going up and I just know that the max factory guts will be like 250 dollars and I am getting that, no matter what. It's pretty much a guarantee that the Guts figure will maintain value because there are no others out there but art of war ones and those started at crazy prices and have gone up even crazier. I don't buy figures for resale but I do decide if I will pre-order or not if I think it will be cheaper to wait till after release. Best bet will be if it ends up limited like that belldandy.

Arkadios

3671525-3346674585-mj-la.gif

If the title of the next OT is something like "Abandon all hope and wallet, ye who enter here" I wonder how many would click by curioisity and fall into the void...

RMI

Banned
Thanks!

I haven't even been to Japan for 24 hours yet, and it is already the most awesome place I've visited for myself, beating out NYC, lol

agreed 100% Tokyo>>>>>>>NYC by far.

Where else are you traveling in Japan? Just hearing about your shopping makes me so jealous. I was there for the holidays and I loved every second of it.

Luigi87

agreed 100% Tokyo>>>>>>>NYC by far.

Where else are you traveling in Japan? Just hearing about your shopping makes me so jealous. I was there for the holidays and I loved every second of it.

I'm only going to be within Tokyo (due to costs). I'd have loved to have gone to Kyoto, but oh well.

Next few days I plan to visit Asakusa, Shibuya, Odaiba, Akihabara again... Dunno where else I might stop by.

Luigi87

Go to Nakano Broadway too. You can combine that with a trip to the Ghibli museum if you have any interest in going there.

Oh I forgot about Nakano Broadway! Thanks for reminding me, definitely wanting to go there.

I considered the Ghibli Museum, but ultimately decided against it, so never registered tickets.

BadWolf

Figma murdering Revoltech

Will keep an eye out for this since I still don't have an MGS figure (since Play Arts seems to suck). It being the MGS2 Snake is even better since its my favorite in the series (and my no.1 game of all time).

Only have one figma so far and its Guts from Berserk. Really like the look and detail and it cost under $30 with shipping so the price felt like a steal.

EDIT: Looked at some more pics of figma Snake on MFC and I think I'm sold, a definite buy.

RMI

Banned
I'm only going to be within Tokyo (due to costs). I'd have loved to have gone to Kyoto, but oh well.

Next few days I plan to visit Asakusa, Shibuya, Odaiba, Akihabara again... Dunno where else I might stop by.

Ah okay! I was going to recommend going to Denden Town in Osaka if you were going to be down there and are interested in retro/import games at all. I think the branches of Super Potato in Osaka are way better than the ones in Akihabara. In any case, enjoy your time in Tokyo! Greatest city in the world IMO.

Caladrius

Posting here means it is already too late

You've already clicked on this thread.

You'll be back.

Abandon all hope and wallet ye who enter here.

lol ur done for

3671525-3346674585-mj-la.gif

If the title of the next OT is something like "Abandon all hope and wallet, ye who enter here" I wonder how many would click by curioisity and fall into the void...

You're all such kidders...ahaha...ha...ha...

Who are some of your favorite characters so we can be sure not to post them?

Uh.......

Samus
Giratina, Mewtwo, Greninja, Typhlosion
Ventus, Aqua, Sora, Roxas (Kingdom Hearts)
Mario, Luigi, Waluigi, Bowser, Toad
Teddie (Persona 4)
Captain Olimar
Sanic, Shadow, Metal Sonic
Len Kagamine, Luka Megurine (Vocaloid)

WAIT A MINUTE WHY AM I DOING THIS

Einbroch

Banned
Stolen from the PosterGAF thread:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...71/?siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-A.2CNitsD4NIt6tpUFvX1w

If you guys don't know, Mondo prints limited edition (less than 1000 copies), high quality posters and prints from high profile artists that have a huge resale value. Now they're branching into figures.
They don't delve into anime/Japanese culture often, but Olly Moss made a REALLY awesome Totori print, so there's always a chance.

If you're into this stuff...good luck.

kewlmyc

Stolen from the PosterGAF thread:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...71/?siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-A.2CNitsD4NIt6tpUFvX1w

If you guys don't know, Mondo prints limited edition (less than 1000 copies), high quality posters and prints from high profile artists that have a huge resale value. Now they're branching into figures.
They don't delve into anime/Japanese culture often, but Olly Moss made a REALLY awesome Totori print, so there's always a chance.

If you're into this stuff...good luck.

Cool, but don't Mondo stuff go on sale and sell out within minutes then go on ebay for 4x the cost? Nope...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom