• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I have been slowing down...sorta as well. But only because I got almost everything I want.

I Do want some of the kantai tho >_> (shimakaze, yamato, kongo being the big ones)

Also javac, if you do plan to sell yoko, whats your price =D.

chrono01

I just changed my avatar last night because someone is watching it over in animegaf. I'll change back to my previous one when they finish. (Also MikeHattsu said I bring despair where ever I go which I can't deny)
ibuQHdNv94ZpJT.gif

Yaari

I must eventually atleast get a Madoka and Homura figure. Not the Ultimate because I have no room for that madness, although I placed a pre-order for Homura which I'll have to cancel sometime soon before it is too late to do so.

I like her regular look more anyway. I'd get the Timeshift Homura but it does not look like there is a Madoka that accompanies that one nicely.

javac

Well, I hope at least that the regret is internal, and not someone chastising you for enjoying something.

Yeah don't worry about it, it's all me. I'd love to keep them, that Yoko figure looks amazing, and Momohime as everyone in this thread knows is a figure that I wanted really badly and Ultimate Madoka is a cool figure (although I think might've underestimated her size so she'll be gone regardless) but yeah, they have to go. I don't want to make exceptions and get picky.

Madoka was great and you know it. :D

I still haven't seen it, I might watch the first 6 episodes tonight and the next 6 tomorrow.

kewlmyc

Yeah don't worry about it, it's all me. I'd love to keep them, that Yoko figure looks amazing, and Momohime as everyone in this thread knows is a figure that I wanted really badly and Ultimate Madoka is a cool figure (although I think might've underestimated her size so she'll be gone regardless) but yeah, they have to go. I don't want to make exceptions and get picky.

I still haven't seen it, I might watch the first 6 episodes tonight and the next 6 tomorrow.

DO IT!!!

One of the more surprising anime I've seen in years. Went in expecting the cutesy magical girl crap I hate and was pleasantly surprised.

Well, I almost had a heart attack. I came home today and found a box from BBTS on my front steps.... In 80° heat. I don't think I've ever gotten in the house so fast before. Once inside, I quickly cracked open the box and pulled out bishoujo Jun Kazama. I held her in her cardboard prison in front of the air-conditioner vent to cool it off.... It wasn't cooling fast enough, so I did the only thing I could do... I performed an emergency box-ectomy. Once I rescued her, I held her in front of the A/C vent just to be on the safe side, because you never can be too careful with these sorts of things. I'm happy to report that Jun is perfectly healthy.

kewlmyc

Well, I almost had a heart attack. I came home today and found a box from BBTS on my front steps.... In 80° heat. I don't think I've ever gotten in the house so fast before. Once inside, I quickly cracked open the box and pulled out bishoujo Jun Kazama. I held her in her cardboard prison in front of the air-conditioner vent to cool it off.... It wasn't cooling fast enough, so I did the only thing I could do... I performed an emergency box-ectomy. Once I rescued her, I held her in front of the A/C vent just to be on the safe side, because you never can be too careful with these sorts of things. I'm happy to report that Jun is perfectly healthy.

....what? I think figures are more receptive to heat than that. It's not like the transportation trucks have air conditioning in them.

omlet

They won't melt, but temps over 80 can be bad for them on display because they can soften and then gravity can cause more/accelerated warping. Shouldn't hurt them when packaged.

Heat index here is supposed to be 110F today. I'm expecting a figure this week. At least if they leave it instead of a delivery slip for pickup, my front porch is shaded.

Most people couldn't survive that let alone figures.

Well, forget about all that. Let's remember what's most important here. We're getting a She-Hulk bishoujo.

My assumption is that all of the Koto reveals (Wasp, Zatanna, etc.) are all 2015 releases. Though I kind of expect them to have a Batwoman sculpt to show off at SDCC. Maybe a sculpt of that other figure that must not be named.

kewlmyc

Well, forget about all that. Let's remember what's most important here. We're getting a She-Hulk bishoujo.

My assumption is that all of the Koto reveals (Wasp, Zatanna, etc.) are all 2015 releases. Though I kind of expect them to have a Batwoman sculpt to show off at SDCC. Maybe a sculpt of that other figure that must not be named.

None of them are Raven so I don't care...

They did announce a Deadpool though so yay!

javac

Most people couldn't survive that let alone figures.

Figures will outlive the humans, trust me. After the inevitable apocalypse only the figures shall remain.

When Man created Figures, were we trying to create a clone of God?
Of course. Humans can only exist on this Earth. But the figures will be able to exist forever, along with the human soul that dwells within it. When the Earth, the Moon and the Sun are all gone, Figures will exist, so long as one person remains. It'll be lonely, but as long as one person still lives...it will be eternal proof that Mankind ever existed.

Javac, The book of Figures. Chapter 34.

RMI

Banned
You act as if Power Girl exists for any other reason.

it's just that for a company so often under fire for its portrayal of women, advertising a character with an often criticized costume, you would think that they could at least include her fucking head in the ad.

LiK

^ is that seriously the entire advertisement?

it got my attention

it's just that for a company so often under fire for its portrayal of women, advertising a character with an often criticized costume, you would think that they could at least include her fucking head in the ad.

LOL, no. One of the jokes about Power Girl is that she has huge boobs. Even female writers have written that into some stories.

And I've never heard of SS being under fire for anything. Where did you hear about this?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

It's an ongoing joke with this particular character, though.

Elixir

When have Sideshow ever come under fire for their portrayal of woman? I must have missed this.

Also, Thor's being remade into a woman, for god's sake. Feminism is a plague.

Yaari

I really did not know what to think of it. I think the story was better without it.

Did that close off the series entirely or will they do some other movie? I was reading how much of a hit it had been, makes you wonder if they will do more of the same.

I really did not know what to think of it. I think the story was better without it.

Agreed. I know the marketing machine never slumbers, and we're headed for endless sequels, but I loved the TV series, and thought it was a well-plotted, self-contained story. The ending of the main series was perfect and beautiful. I feel like anything added onto that just mucks it up.

Hmm interesting. I loved the show, curious now why that is about the movie. I wish it didn't cost so much...

Show was fucking amazing. Better, I feel, without Rebellion. Ugh. I paid, like, $50 from rightstuf. That's a good pre-owned figure from AmiAmi. Wasted. :(

Rebellion was amazingggggggggg

-ly crappy, yes.

omlet

Did that close off the series entirely or will they do some other movie?

No, it leaves things open for more.

I really admire Rebellion for following through on Homura's character (and I will argue with anyone who thinks she's "out of character" in Rebellion) like it does. I think it's a good movie but I also think the series didn't need any help being awesome, and can (and maybe should) be appreciated apart from Rebellion.

kewlmyc

I will say that I would not be sadden if it didn't exist (even though we got that awesome PVC Devil Homura out of it). I didn't hate it though (other than that corny "Cake" scene).

omlet

Something was on my porch when I got home from work. :>

NhXgD7j.jpg

The picture doesn't really show (thanks phonecam), but the chair is actually like a fuzzy red faux-felt, not painted plastic. Pretty nice touch. Even the stock photos of this one don't really make that clear.

I like it.

Edit: Also worth noting metal pegs for both the rabbit (peg at elbow) and her knees (pegs in chair). Good thing I have a case to put this one in to keep the dust off the seat cushion because that might be a pain to clean dust off of.

omlet

Ah, yes. I have the original release version in the black dress. She's a cutie.

Yeah, I was considering that one when I found out the red one was coming out this summer. I kinda like the black dress a bit better to be honest, but I really prefer the face on this one to the kinda derpy smile on the original. I'm too cheap/scared to try to buy both and headswap them, and my detolf could use some more red, anyway. Definitely a cutie either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom