• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMI

Banned
it got my attention

LOL, no. One of the jokes about Power Girl is that she has huge boobs. Even female writers have written that into some stories.

And I've never heard of SS being under fire for anything. Where did you hear about this?

I was talking about DC, not SS. I wonder how much input they have on SS's ads.

Anyway, I know that Power Girl's boob window is kind of a running gag, but I still can't help but feel that it's stuff like that which ensures that print comics remain in a cultural ghetto in spite of the fact that many movies and tv shows based on them have been met with wide acceptance. I'll shut up about it now.

Someone wanted She-Hulk?

10502078_911233572226373_4949684955260653614_n.jpg

Well, you gettin' She-Hulk

YES

BTW where's the best place to grab Kotobukiya Bishoujo figures? I grabbed my first two from Amazon.

Anyway, I know that Power Girl's boob window is kind of a running gag, but I still can't help but feel that it's stuff like that which ensures that print comics remain in a cultural ghetto in spite of the fact that many movies and tv shows based on them have been met with wide acceptance. I'll shut up about it now.

The days of comic books having wide acceptance is long gone, probably since before some of us was born =/. They're just gonna continue humouring the audience they get and some they may get from said movies and tv shows.

YES

BTW where's the best place to grab Kotobukiya Bishoujo figures? I grabbed my first two from Amazon.
If you are in NA, Amazon will probably still work well for you.

I'm fairly close. I do have Prime so it does seem to be the best place except for when something is out of stock (pain in the ass trying to find affordable Christie and Asuka Tekken Bishoujos).

I haven't seen Christie for less than $100 since just after I bought her. I was lucky enough to find one for $65.

I'm fairly close. I do have Prime so it does seem to be the best place except for when something is out of stock (pain in the ass trying to find affordable Christie and Asuka Tekken Bishoujos).
Ah you'll probably have a hard time finding those at affordable prices now unless they get a reissue, the more affordable ones will probably finding them preowned, Plamoya has Asuka for about $76 without shipping but not sure if that's a reasonable price for you:
http://plamoya.com/en/tekken-tag-tournament-2-tekken-bishoujo-asuka-kazama-pvc-figure-p-46558.html

Ah you'll probably have a hard time finding those at affordable prices now unless they get a reissue, the more affordable ones will probably finding them preowned, Plamoya has Asuka for about $76 without shipping but not sure if that's a reasonable price for you:
http://plamoya.com/en/tekken-tag-tournament-2-tekken-bishoujo-asuka-kazama-pvc-figure-p-46558.html

Kirinhobby has Asuka for $69.95. They're in the US.

I checked on Christie's price over at Nippon-Yasan........ $182 lololololololololololol.

HOLY SHI-

*reads spoiler*

dammit

See something you like? Always assume it's a garage kit.

Luigi87

Omg, trying to find Hirokoji station, I accidentally walk all the way to Akihabara.... This place has a grasp on me! Clearly there are more things to be bought.

Went to the Gundam Cafe for lunch just because... I mustn't buy any more figures until I go to Mandarake in Shibuya.

LiK

oh DC.

kewlmyc

At this rate, I might need to learn how to paint. Too many badass models that'll never be made since they aren't cute girls.

javac

Just watched the first 4 episodes of Madoka. It's okay so far I guess. Not a big fan of the animation/art style and music but it's not bad. To be honest I've never watched a show I hated since I always find something of value to take away from the show/movie/game and it's not bad, that's hyperbole but seems meh so far. It's too early to judge tho and I never hate a show so I'll probably like it by the end! If I have anything positive to say so far,
I like the second outro compared to the first I guess :p
I'll probably watch the rest tomorrow, or as much as I can.

Yaari

Just watched the first 4 episodes of Madoka. It's okay so far I guess. Not a big fan of the animation/art style and music but it's not bad. To be honest I've never watched a show I hated since I always find something of value to take away from the show/movie/game and it's not bad, that's hyperbole but seems meh so far. It's too early to judge tho and I never hate a show so I'll probably like it by the end! If I have anything positive to say so far,
I like the second outro compared to the first I guess :p
I'll probably watch the rest tomorrow, or as much as I can.

It will only get better, guaranteed. I thought the same as you when I watched it 2 weeks ago, thinking "Is this it?". I am sure you will change your mind as well.

I'll do a rerun soon because I think I will catch alot of things that I missed before.

omlet

Cake song is awesome. That whole scene is awesome. You guys don't know how to have fun, sheesh lol. Of course it is silly and not a "good song" what do you expect a bunch of 14 year olds to be singing, Madona? Also, it's really not just a song it's actually more like an improv game they're doing [http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Cake_Song <-- spoilers!!].

I'll do a rerun soon because I think I will catch alot of things that I missed before.

I think it definitely is. Knowing what's at the end really puts a lot of things into different perspectives, plus a second pass is great for absorbing details you missed the first time. This is definitely true of the Rebellion Story, too.

kewlmyc

Cake song is awesome. That whole scene is awesome. You guys don't know how to have fun, sheesh lol. Of course it is silly and not a "good song" what do you expect a bunch of 14 year olds to be singing, Madona? Also, it's really not just a song it's actually more like an improv game they're doing [http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Cake_Song <-- spoilers!!]..

I know it was an improv game, but it was still groan worthy to me. Then again, I don't like most musical anime or overly cutesy anime so it's to be expected.
!!!

Hozuki-samaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

....Union Creative. :(
Has Union Creative actually released anything yet?

chrono01

why aren't you a female character though
Despite always having a fondness for magically-endowed girls, when I play an MMO I always have to play as a male character. I have no problems playing as a female in other games, but for MMO's I always see my character as an extension of myself, so playing as anything other than my gender would just be..."weird" to me. :(

Oh, speaking of witches, Swamp Witch was [surprise surprise] delayed into August! She will never be released.

Ken

So do you guys have a feeling that this might be a decent figure, I like the source material, but I don't know...

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/234745

i'm not digging it at first sight

Despite always having a fondness for magically-endowed girls, when I play an MMO I always have to play as a male character. I have no problems playing as a female in other games, but for MMO's I always see my character as an extension of myself, so playing as anything other than my gender would just be..."weird" to me. :(

Oh, speaking of witches, Swamp Witch was [surprise surprise] delayed into August! She will never be released.

oic

Ryuuroden

She was delayed cause I told amiami that the delays put her in a period I couldn't pay for her. Its my fault. Sorry bout my importance >.>

chrono01

She was delayed cause I told amiami that the delays put her in a period I couldn't pay for her. Its my fault. Sorry bout my importance >.>
No harm done, my friend!

I actually don't have her pre-ordered anymore, I had to cancel her to free up some finances. I'm still monitoring her, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom