• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Seems like all of us canceled...some sellers gotta be annoyed.
Thankfully AmiAmi was understanding. Granted I spend a lot there monthly, but even still I prefer not to cancel unless it's something I absolutely feel that I must do.

^5
This is the exact reason I always play males in MMOs.
Haha, nice to see someone who shares the same mind-set. ^5

Yeah, it really looks great so far, keeping an eye on that one!
She does looks nice. Alphamax just continues to impress me more each day. Now if only their prices wouldn't increase more than they already have...

So the future of our collection is a little iffy at the moment. My husband got laid off in the recent MS mass workforce reduction, and while we're optimistic about him finding new work, it could potentially reduce our monthly spending money. We're also considering getting a smaller place for a while, which would mean putting our entire collection in storage (though I'd still be buying figures, probably). But the thought of me having to leave figure GAF behind, even temporarily, makes me sad. ;-;
Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. I wish your husband luck in finding a new job. :(

As for leaving us behind, do no such thing! You can still come here and converse with us all. There's no written rule about needing to spend money to remain here [although it's definitely one of the unintended side-effects]. At the very least, you can see what's in the planning for release so you can determine the "MUST GET" or "...Maybe Pass...".

Don't you know? Once you post here once you cannot leave. It you look behind you then you'll noticed the opposite side of the door you entered from lacks a doorknob or any other means to opening it.

You're here.
Forever.

Thankfully AmiAmi was understanding. Granted I spend a lot there monthly, but even still I prefer not to cancel unless it's something I absolutely feel that I must do.

I don't think they really care so long as you continually spend money. I've canceled a ton from them in the past.

Giolon

Figure GAF, what's the word on Lum by Kotobukiya? Cop or not? I guess it all depends if you can tolerate a 'modernized' Rumik design or not...

I wished I picked up the Lum figma when it came out several years ago...I just recently found one at Mandarake and ordered it online.

It looks like a nice figure but it just doesn't look like Lum. It looks like some child moe character cosplaying as Lum. If you want to see Urusei Yatsura characters "modernized" right, look at the Obstacle Course Swim Meet OVA that came out a few years ago.

And the figma is boss. I've got one! =D <3 Lum

I had some pieces missing from some nendoroids so I contacted Good Smile's customer service about it. They were quite accommodating and the pieces got here in <2 weeks. I'm very happy with this.

Yaari

Going to watch Non Non Biyori now. Let's see if I want that Renge Nendo like I want Mashiro after watching Mikakunin de Shinkoukei.

Going to watch Non Non Biyori now. Let's see if I want that Renge Nendo like I want Mashiro after watching Mikakunin de Shinkoukei.

Of course you will. I'm watching Revolutionary Girl Utena right now (I'm telling you it's like a version of Evangelion aimed at girls) and I'll friggin' die if I don't get MegaHouse Utena and Anthy. Neeeeeeeeeeeeeed them.

Yaari

Of course you will. I'm watching Revolutionary Girl Utena right now (I'm telling you it's like a version of Evangelion aimed at girls) and I'll friggin' die if I don't get MegaHouse Utena and Anthy. Neeeeeeeeeeeeeed them.

I saw neither Evangelion or the one you mentioned, but everything gets added to MyAnimeList! I'll get there.

I knew that much, but I guess I should've said that I'm not interested in the series.

Nor am I. Never played the game, and I'm not really a fan of the anime, but I really regret passing him up the first time, with the way dat price shot up. I could order him and pray he gets delayed, but I don't know how likely that is given he's a reissue. Honestly, I kinda just wanna skip him. 11.2" is some prime real estate, and he'd be hogging a detolf shelf all to himself, just like Olivia-sama.

meijiko

For the record, he's an excellent figure. I had no idea who he was when I bought him from the first round, but he was an instant preorder from the sculpt alone. I believe I said something along the lines of "this is why I collect figures" when I first saw the promo shots. Definitely a favorite in my collection.

For the record, he's an excellent figure. I had no idea who he was when I bought him from the first round, but he was an instant preorder from the sculpt alone. I believe I said something along the lines of "this is why I collect figures" when I first saw the promo shots. Definitely a favorite in my collection.

Yeah, I'm not saying he's not a great figure, but you know what else comes out in December? EVERYTHING I WANT. Jubilee, Sinon, I'm guessing bishoujo Batwoman.... Not even taking Nanami into account since she'll probably get delayed, as would Himeji Castle if she pops up for a December release. And god damn is that Kotobukiya Rikka Takanashi tempting....

meijiko

Yeah, I'm not saying he's not a great figure, but you know what else comes out in December? EVERYTHING I WANT. Jubilee, Sinon, I'm guessing bishoujo Batwoman.... Not even taking Nanami into account since she'll probably get delayed, as would Himeji Castle if she pops up for a December release. And god damn is that Kotobukiya Rikka Takanashi tempting....

Yeah seriously fuck December. Personally I only have RAH Levi for that month (likely going to be delayed), but I've had genuinely horrible Decembers in past years so I know the feeling. It's like figure companies really want to get all their shit out by the end of the year, so they put everything in that month rather than push it into January or later.

Isn't Akuma Homura December too? Lol.

Edit: Also would like to give props to GSC for not upping the price on Aoba much from his original release. Also glad to see Kirito figma up for re-release as well, since the aftermarket prices for him were insane.

Isn't Akuma Homura December too? Lol.

Ugh, yeah, but thankfully I didn't order her. $200 is where I tell Aniplex to fuck on out of here.

The big thing I hate about figure collecting is how unpredictable budgeting can be when there are delays all the time.

Just announce Namami is delayed so I can order this (less) guilt freeeeeeee

Well, they have yet to release a single figure on time in 2014. So play the odds. I AM!

Looks like they're making elaborate bases a regular thing, now.
FIGURE-007031.jpg
Phat Company, instant delay.... let's see if they continue this trend in 2015.

This Racing Miku is amazingly horrendously awesome
. I don't know how to feel.

I've never ordered from amiami before. I noticed it say only for sale in japan. Does that mean they don't ship to the us?

They'll ship anywhere, so long as you realize you're paying for it. Just understand, Aoba is a big figure, which means he'll be EMS shipping only. You'll probably get hit with at least a $50 shipping charge.

Danferno

I've never ordered from amiami before. I noticed it say only for sale in japan. Does that mean they don't ship to the us?

I thought that too when I bought my first figure. I have no idea why they put that there as they ship everywhere in the world it seems. Maybe it has something to do with paying lip service to the character licensing agreements? Who knows--we're just silly gaijin :)

meijiko

They'll ship anywhere, so long as you realize you're paying for it. Just understand, Aoba is a big figure, which means he'll be EMS shipping only. You'll probably get hit with at least a $50 shipping charge.

Looking back at my orders last year, I had Aoba shipped with a nendoroid via EMS and shipping was 5820yen to the US.

If that helps any.

Gandara

Thanks for all the responses. I noticed they said that this one won't have the ren keychain. I thought $175 was expensive back when I first saw the aoba figure, but the current amazon prices are beyond ridiculous.

chrono01

Aoba looks nice, despite having no interest in the source material. I would be tempted, but December? No way, I cannot. I've already reached my allocated budget for December, and I'm not going to plan on a delay.

It looks like I will be passing. :/

Aoba looks nice, despite having no interest in the source material. I would be tempted, but December? No way, I cannot. I've already reached my allocated budget for December, and I'm not going to plan on a delay.

It looks like I will be passing. :/

December is a no man's land right now. I have no idea how things are going to look after WonFest.

javac

So I just finished episode 8 of Madoka. The show isn't doing much for me at all unfortunately. I'll finish it tomorrow. I'm trying to like and I don't hate it, but yeah.

javac

Take comfort in the fact that you, sir, are an anomoly.

It's cool. Glad everyone else loved it :)

I just don't care for any of the characters and don't feel like I relate to any of them. The emotional points just don't hit at all, both sad or happy. I know it's cool to go against the grain but honestly I feel sad that I'm not liking it! It just feels sterile to me. Not once did I feel any emotions thus far, even with Madoka crying 200x an episode. And I'm a really emotional guy! I got choked up watching watching the trailer for When Marnie Was There recently. These characters are just on a different wavelength to me I guess. I don't care for any of them or their fates and that's a damn shame. I actually started talking to myself multiple times during each episode.

The ending does have potential. I already know a bit about what may happen due to figures etc and I'm an emotional guy so maybe they'll get the waterworks running by the end, but so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom