• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Yeah, the color palette for that Racing Hatsune Miku is great. I think it's her slightly-tanned skin or something...

I'm passing, though. She's nice, but doesn't feel like a need to me. As for the manufacturer, I own a few FREEing items [mostly the 1/4 scaled figures from Freezing], and while they're not top-tier quality, I have no complaints. I'm sure Miku will come out great.

meijiko

I actually really like the design of that Miku, but not enough to preorder her. Maaaaaaybe an aftermarket purchase, if she ends up cheap. If not oh well.

two version of
FIGURE-007031.jpg

ones 9.5k and one is 7.8k; not sure what i want

So I just finished episode 8 of Madoka. The show isn't doing much for me at all unfortunately. I'll finish it tomorrow. I'm trying to like and I don't hate it, but yeah.

I know some people who didn't like the show until the movies, but that's a can of worms all it's own. The show is kinda weird with it's characters for sure. This isn't AnimeGAF, so all I wanna say is, maybe look into the movies if you're crazy enough to give it a thousand chances.

Back to lurking. You guys are awesome dudes and I hope none of you have your wallet obliterated ^_^
If I break my figure virginity with Monster Hunter, I'll be back

chrono01

Bombless

Definitely interested in Sepang Miku, but mom will probably want her so I'll have to refrain from ordering. Now if they make a figma version...

Yaari

Mashiro Nendo went up for pre-order on the GSC site. I want that Nessie bonus.

Too bad it Nendo's exceed the allowed value by just a few euros in my country. Would have been nice to be able to avoid custom charges with Nendo's. They never let anything slip through here anymore.

Luigi87

I visited Odaiba today and saw the lifesize Gundam and my life is so much better for it <3

Going to Shibuya tomorrow, and probably Nakano.
I must hit up the Mandarakes and find the Saber Alter Black Dress Ver., figure I've wanted for nearly a decade now...

Also I really, really want to open Lucifer, but being in a hotel, would prove pointless, lol

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Too bad it Nendo's exceed the allowed value by just a few euros in my country. Would have been nice to be able to avoid custom charges with Nendo's. They never let anything slip through here anymore.

Alternatively; keep Mokele-Mbembe and paint it purple~

(Or just pretend it's Nessie)

I just went with AmiAmi, you still get one Nessie.

raven777

I only own two figures from them: [NSFW?]

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/61425
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/61426]

and they're both 1/4 scale. I've heard/read that they supposedly put more work into their 1/4 scale figures, so I can't really comment on this one. As I said, though, the 1/4 ones are perfectly fine.

ok thanks.

I will wait to see the actual sample photos. They only have the official photos so I am not sure.

I hope she doesn't sell out.

omlet

That Mashiro is cute.

Not a Miku collector but gotta say those preview pics make that new racing Miku look good (but I'm not ordering it).

Thanks for all the responses. I noticed they said that this one won't have the ren keychain. I thought $175 was expensive back when I first saw the aoba figure, but the current amazon prices are beyond ridiculous.

Just to clarify on the EMS shipping comments, EMS is expensive but it's not always $50. Depends on the size of the figure. I've had EMS shipping as "low" as $30, but yeah expect big bucks for shipping on big-box items.

Einbroch

Banned
Went to go pick up a figure at the post office today.

The box said "Figure Moe" on it. The employee there was like "Oh, is this a figure of Moe from The Three Stooges?" I told him that I didn't think that's what it was. He asked me what "moe" meant. I just laughed and told him that it was for my girlfriend so I had no idea what it was.

Silly gaijins.

The box said "Figure Moe" on it. The employee there was like "Oh, is this a figure of Moe from The Three Stooges?" I told him that I don't think that's what it is. He asked me what "moe" meant. I just laughed and told him that it was for my girlfriend so I had no idea what it was.

Silly gaijins.

Haha. You should have opened the package and showed him :p

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

The box said "Figure Moe" on it. The employee there was like "Oh, is this a figure of Moe from The Three Stooges?" I told him that I didn't think that's what it was. He asked me what "moe" meant. I just laughed and told him that it was for my girlfriend so I had no idea what it was.

Silly gaijins.

Haha. Tell 'em next time it's indeed one of the Stooges or the Simpsons characters.

Bombless

Silly gaijins.

That discussion would had been completely different if the box said "Used toy" huh?

I decided to pass on Aoba reissue mostly because I'm having a sane with my money moment right now.

And because WonFes is coming up and I can't imagine how much money I want to throw at unseen figures already.

This doesn't mean if Good Smile sells Aoba at AX next year I won't be buying that >_>

I decided to pass on Aoba reissue mostly because I'm having a sane with my money moment right now.

I'm sure some of the December shit will get delayed anyhow. I woke up to an email this morning about GSC Frau getting delayed until September. I hesitated on Aoba last time and the price skyrocketed. Not happening again. #1 husbando, ordered.

I'm sure some of the December shit will get delayed anyhow. I woke up to an email this morning about GSC Frau getting delayed until September. I hesitated on Aoba last time and the price skyrocketed. Not happening again. #1 husbando, ordered.

Well I guess this might change if WonFes ends up being a dud or something.

WolfStark

And more Hot Toys news. They already made some Star Wars stuff, now they will continue including the upcoming trilogy (and pretty sure spin-off movies as well).

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away…” We are extremely excited to officially announce today, Hot Toys has acquired the right to manufacture 1/6th scale and 1/4th scale collectible figures from the STAR WARS universe, including the upcoming highly anticipated Star Wars Episode VII that is set to hit theatres in December, 2015. Look forward to the high-end collectibles from the new movie and the original Episode I – VII! Fans please stay tuned, and “May the Force be with you”!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom