• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
So considering we haven't seen anything about Canary, is she done for? I mean, they've got releases up through next year for bishoujos, even one for 2016 (!!!!!) if you count Poison-chan. The only thing that doesn't make sense is that if the stockings on Canary were making trouble for them, Zatanna is still an issue, no? I mean, sure, she doesn't have them all the way down her legs like Canary because of those boots, but wouldn't they still need to figure something out?

kewlmyc

BtWnot6CMAECb2W.jpg

Hmmmm another Titan figure, in titan form! this time Eren, from Sentinel

THIS WILL BE MINE.

george_us

Ugh I forgot about the lack of Black Canary. I doubt they cancelled her though. If the fishnets were giving them that much trouble then it wouldn't make sense for them to announce a figure with essentially the same material.

LiK

I'm selling the Bishoujo Batgirl Black version. New sealed etc. $115 shipped in the US. Lemme know if you're interested via PM.

If no takers, I'll put her up on eBay

edit: posting on eBay instead

Megahouse figures are going up in price, and Max Factory figures are bomba.

Hm. I was going to cancel Elf but I never got around to it. XD

She should be shipping to me very soon. EMS-style with a Sheryl Nome prize figure in the backseat.

HIMEJIIIIIII

She still needs some adjustments in paint imo but in max factory I trust.
OMFG how did I miss those pics!? She's looking really good. Can't wait.

EDIT: Her MFC page got an update. December release. FUCKING. CALLED. IT.

meijiko

I really like the sculpt of Himeji but 2lewd4me.

I have so many pictures I want to take but every time I look at my figures I get depressed. ;-; This Alvis and Lavie figure I got signed by Range Murata has been sitting in its box by my desk since April and I haven't messed with it since I have no place for them in my cabinets.

I really like the sculpt of Himeji but 2lewd4me.

She doesn't strike me as lewd. But then, I own a Princess Bitch. :D

Though I get why they posted pics of her at an awkward angle like that. They want to make sure only paying customers get to peek through the gates of Himeji Castle. XD

meijiko

She doesn't strike me as lewd. But then, I own a Princess Bitch. :D

Though I get why they posted pics of her at an awkward angle like that. They want to make sure only paying customers get to peek through the gates of Himeji Castle. XD

I should clarify--she's not too lewd for me personally, but too lewd for our collection.

My husband is actually the more conservative one when it comes to figures. Kongiku was almost too much for him, and he said no when I asked to buy one of the Sorceress figures.

My husband is actually the more conservative one when it comes to figures. Kongiku was almost too much for him, and he said no when I asked to buy one of the Sorceress figures.

Big boobs are lewd, now?

Anytime you want to buy a figure he wouldn't approve of, just show him a pic of some random Native figure first.

meijiko

Big boobs are lewd, now?

Anytime you want to buy a figure he wouldn't approve of, just show him a pic of some random Native figure first.

Haha, I'm not actually that insistent on it. I never put up a fuss, since it is his collection too, and he's more worried about visitors than I am. Our friend came over to visit last year and made some comment about Sigrid, and he had to make sure said friend knew it was my figure and not his, lol.

Maybe someday, when we have a house, I'll have my own personal space for my well-endowed beauties and can buy and display them without worry. Until then, though, there's enough to keep me happy.

meijiko

Ugh. Worrying about what other people think is some high school bullshit. :p

It wasn't all that serious, haha. Our friend is a figure collector, too, and was just surprised to see Sigrid among all the moe and game characters. I won't deny there's probably some shame there, though.

Giolon

Ugh. Worrying about what other people think is some high school bullshit. :p

What she said all sounds reasonable to me. Sometimes being part of a relationship is being considerate of what the other person wants or is comfortable with. She said it's a joint collection at least to some degree.

I know I think about "Can I display this?" before buying something. I think the farthest out there thing I've got will be Ryuuko and Satsuki figures. I mean - the outfits are beyond ridiculous. I can try to tell visitors, "This show is the best and these characters are awesome. It really has nothing to do with the outfits," and they're probably just going to be like ,"Uh huh, sure." Some will understand, some won't. But that's something I like so much that I'm willing to take that chance.

george_us

Certain figures I'll probably just have to box whenever I have company. There's no way in hell I'd be able to explain why I have figures like Asmodeus, Mammon, and Lucifer with a straight face.

chrono01

Also another deadly sin
Damn it! I guess I'll cancel Devil Homura from Rightstuf and pre-order her. I need to make a sacrifice seeing as to how Bunny Ver. Asmodeus is scheduled for December/January, and I've already reached my maximum for December. I don't want to take the risk. Now I just need to see what to get rid of to make room for her.

I don't know what it is about the Seven Deadly Sins, but I love them. Maybe it's because I've always enjoyed Demon Girls, and seeing them come alive through Nishii's art-style is a real treat to me. No, it's not the cast-off since I always display my figures with their clothes on.

Ugh! I was hoping this would be a 2015 figure so I wouldn't have to cancel something on my list. Sure, it still might be a 2015 figure, but I can't exactly plan on it. It's either Devil Homura or Shiro. I'm leaning more towards Devil Homura, since she's so much more expensive and the idea behind her is more sad than anything else, not to mention the space she'll be taking up. She would like nice next to Ultimate Madoka, but I still feel the collection is complete with just Madoka, Homura, Kyoko, Mami and Sayaka [plus Ultimate Madoka]. I'm not really sure Devil Homura is needed. [Yes, this is my attempt to lower the sense of worth for myself to make cancelling easier].

Also:

Diabolus Inclinatus [from "Demon Squeezer"] by Embrace Japan. So beautiful.

Bombless

That Bunny Asmodeus is so generic it's almost insulting to the rest of the Sins collection. Same with the Lucifer swimsuit ver.

Himeji definitely needs better pictures and some painting work.

The Bishoujos...wth at 2016 for Poison. I'm starting to wonder if Black Canary got canned and is being redesigned since She-Hulk is in the same pose and the latter is too iconic to modify.

XenoRaven, welcome to the pack! Great choices for the start of your collection!

chrono01

That Bunny Asmodeus is so generic it's almost insulting to the rest of the Sins collection. Same with the Lucifer swimsuit ver.

Himeji definitely needs better pictures and some painting work.
I still like her, but yes, I do agree that both of them [Lucifer and Asmodeous Swimsuit/Bunny Ver.] pale in comparison to the original. Those are works of art, and yet, I still feel compelled to collect them. They are my weakness.

And I definitely need to see some better painted pictures for Himeji. I loved the sculpt, but so far, the painted prototype hasn't done much to excite me. Granted it's probably poor pictures, and let's face it, Max Factory is behind it. She will be amazing.

Ryuuroden

Hm. I was going to cancel Elf but I never got around to it. XD

She should be shipping to me very soon. EMS-style with a Sheryl Nome prize figure in the backseat.

OMFG how did I miss those pics!? She's looking really good. Can't wait.

EDIT: Her MFC page got an update. December release. FUCKING. CALLED. IT.

I was wondering about why freezy-kun hadn't said anything about the Himeji pics I posted, lol. Like, does he not care anymore!? Anyways, yeah she looks good, was not expecting thaaaat much underboob but my decency standards have dropped so she still is on my buylist.

And hmmm glad I ended up keeping Elf. Specially since there is a way to hide the cone that will look really nice, hell, I may do similar things with some other figures.

Ryuuroden

Ugh, Himeji in December too? Damn it Manufacturers! Why do you do this!?

If you didn't reach you're quota for this month or next month and she goes up this month or next month, just get her from a pay it now site and count it for that month. There, PURCHASE ENABLED, :p

chrono01

If you didn't reach you're quota for this month or next month and she goes up this month or next month, just get her from a pay it now site and count it for that month. There, PURCHASE ENABLED, :p
I just might do that. I mean, it's Max Factory, so she's destined to be delayed easily into 2015, but even still I don't want to rely on that. To be honest, I've been giving my Shiro pre-order a lot of thought. I love the character, and I love the anime, butt given her popularity I'm sure another manufacturer will pick her up [Alter/Max Factory, hopefully]. Kotobukiya are great, but given her price and size of scale, she definitely borders on the "want-but-not-sure-if-she's-worth-that-much" side of things. I'll wait until after WonFes before I decide either way, I guess.

Sometimes paying items up-front can be a benefit, for sure.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Hm, tried to preorder Nico Nendoroid from Nippon-Yasan, but the credit card transaction was rejected. Same thing with PayPal. Did Nippon-Yasan get blacklisted or something?

chrono01

himeji looks so yummy
She does look nice, I just want to see some better pictures. I'm mostly concerned with the shading, as the previous pictures look a little "flat". That's probably just due to bad lightning, though.

I have full confidence in Max Factory.

Hm, tried to preorder Nico Nendoroid from Nippon-Yasan, but the credit card transaction was rejected. Same thing with PayPal. Did Nippon-Yasan get blacklisted or something?
Are you trying to pay right away or later? Oddly enough, sometimes my browser has a problem with N-Y so I have to use another. Maybe give that a try.

I pre-ordered Asmodeous - Bunny Ver. a short while ago and everything went fine, so if there's a problem it must be recent. Definitely try a different browser if you can, though.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Are you trying to pay right away or later? Oddly enough, sometimes my browser has a problem with N-Y so I have to use another. Maybe give that a try.

Pay now I guess. Perhaps it doesn't see the shop site as secure. Anyway, I pre-ordered at amiami instead.

chrono01

Pay now I guess. Perhaps it doesn't see the shop site as secure. Anyway, I pre-ordered at amiami instead.
Haha, wise choice. I always go with AmiAmi for my pre-orders, outside of items I can't get there [exclusives].

I <3 AmiAmi.

It's Max Factory. She'll be delayed.

Also, this is one figure that's hyped here that I can proudly say I couldn't care less about.
She, she's definitely getting delayed. There's no she isn't, I can't recall the last Max Factory figure that released on-time.

As for the appeal, I think it's just unique in the sense that it's a giant girl...dressed as a house. Or is it a house...dressed as a girl? THE WORLD WILL NEVER KNOW!

I can see how it might not be for everyone, though.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Aaaand I somehow ended up with a Nico preorder at Nippon-Yasan as well, right after I preordered at Amiami. Anyone have experience cancelling stuff at Nippon-Yasan?

chrono01

Aaaand I somehow ended up with a Nico preorder at Nippon-Yasan as well, right after I preordered at Amiami. Anyone have experience cancelling stuff at Nippon-Yasan?

Yeah, apparently they don't allow cancellations anymore. I haven't tried since their new policy, but since you literally just pre-ordered her, send an email to them saying you made the order by mistake and would like to have it removed. I'm sure they would do that for you or, at least, they should.

chrono01

D:

I could cancel the AmiAmi order. Or sell one Nico later on eBay - although I'm not sure if Nendoroids lose their value instead of gaining (both Reina and Manaka are relatively cheap).
Honestly, you'd risk cancellation with either site.

As for Nendoroid after-market prices, the only ones that seem to go up are the exclusives, such as Snow Hatsune Miku. Standard releases, more or less, stay the same, although they do differ. As I said, I'm sure if you explain the situation to N-Y they will cancel it for you. The order was placed within a number of minutes, so it's not as though they have the item already ordered an en-route to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom