• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

You can do a lot more detail with polystone than you can with PVC. At least that's what I am told. And those 2 do look much more detailed than the usual.

Edit: I can't think of anything off the top of my head in PVC that looked as detailed as that Guts but i've only been collecting for a little over a year.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Will upload my poo photos later but for now, this is cool.

khiEz4X.jpg

The T's system line is really long. Longest in the 'independent' hall by far.

Giolon

I know this isn't WonFes related but, Elf's gigantic base and overall footprint is making it really difficult to fit her onto my VanillaWare shelf. :(

Ryuuroden

Update on Frozen nendo:

Pics were not allowed but I am sure they will appear. and Tomopop states that

"Elsa was seen with a snowflake hovering over her hand, and will also be coming with an Olaf accessory."

Link

Luigi87

Good god after seeing the Seven Deadly Sins in person at Orchid Seed's booth, I want them all!

Also, hehe, the line outside of Orchid Seed.
And they have a Leviathan cosplayer working for them... I want to take her home!

... Wait

Giolon

am I crazy for thinking the Bishoujo line always has kind of puffy/weird looking faces?

No, but that's partly attributable to Shunya's art style. All his faces are very round and almost cherubic. How much of that gets translated into the figure depends on the sculptor, but Juri here definitely got a lot of it. I think she looks great though, especially her face! They captured Shunya's style well, as opposed to Chun-Li who barely even resembles Shunya's artwork. Xiaoyu is one that I think is a little bit too puffy.

javac

So this isn't the anime thread, but since I don't really like the Anime thread and I was finally pushed to watch the show in this thread, I thought that I'd follow up with my feelings on the show here.

Just finished watching Madoka. The last four episodes were pretty good. Episode 10 was killer tho. Best one in the show and was really awesome. My type of episode and what I hoped the whole show would be like. I understand why the show felt so slow at the start but I just couldn't engage with the first 8 episodes but it all made sense and clicked in the last 4 episodes. It's a shame tho, like I understand that the director doesn't want to reveal anything upfront and keep it all under wraps and that's a story choice, but for me it meant I couldn't engage until the revelations which was in the last third of the show. I never hated it from start to end, but wasn't engaged until episode 9 onwards. I think with a second viewing it'll hold up more, but that's for another time in the distant future. A solid 7.5 out of 10?

Just finished watching Madoka. The last four episodes were pretty good. Episode 10 was killer tho. Best one in the show and was really awesome....

...A solid 7.5 out of 10?

Make it an 8 out of 10 and you've got a deal. I thought
Madoka's sacrifice at the end
was a beautiful, pure thing to do. And it was certainly in line with her character. Now go watch Rebellion and see Aniplex shit all over it in the name of marketing.

Cerberus Project have had a bunch of their sculpts picked up for mass production in the past (this Elin, for example, was originally a Cerberus Project GK), so there's still a chance.

The question is not whether they'll make more Cerberus Project Elins into PVC figures, but whether or not they will be garbed in swimsuits instead of armor.

chrono01

So much WondFes goodness to go through, but I'm busy right now. Will jump in later!

To those enjoying it live, have fun. I am envious of you.

RMI

Banned
No, but that's partly attributable to Shunya's art style. All his faces are very round and almost cherubic. How much of that gets translated into the figure depends on the sculptor, but Juri here definitely got a lot of it. I think she looks great though, especially her face! They captured Shunya's style well, as opposed to Chun-Li who barely even resembles Shunya's artwork. Xiaoyu is one that I think is a little bit too puffy.

Ah, yeah. Cherubic is a good word for it. Xiaoyu definitely got more than her fair share of it. I like the line in general, but so far I haven't seen the fig that will push me over the edge into buying. Jubilee was close but I really don't care much at all about X-Men. I'm really hoping the face on Poison is spectacular, and am hopeful for Sakura as well. Would happily collect SF bishoujos but chun-li and cammy didn't do much for me.

Episode 10 was killer tho. Best one in the show and was really awesome. My type of episode and what I hoped the whole show would be like.?

Episode 10 was indeed the highlight of the show for me, but I think it's a bit much to ask for the whole series to be at that level. Overall I think the show struck a good balance in terms of tonal shifts. It needed those slower episodes so that an episode like 10 could be as amazing as it was.

Glad you mostly enjoyed it, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom