• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

Make it an 8 out of 10 and you've got a deal. I thought
Madoka's sacrifice at the end
was a beautiful, pure thing to do. And it was certainly in line with her character. Now go watch Rebellion and see Aniplex shit all over it in the name of marketing.

Yeah 8 sounds about right. I think it's a really good show but I guess a departure from what I usually watch. I mean sure I love my KLK and Lagann but those are just bat shit stuff where I let my hair down and have fun with loud noises and cool/weird shit going on. Lagann at least has an earnest story under it all which is very endearing and full of emotion and feels. With Madoka, it was just too...perfect? Which I guess makes sense but was too jarring and out of my realm. It just felt like it was going through the motions.

Animation was great throughout. Music was...there. Nothing special but nothing bad either. It did it's job basically. Wasn't a fan of the character designs at first. The scraggy tooth business and frilly outfits/hairdos aren't my thing. Maid outfits basically. Not my thing but I adjusted by the end and makes sense with the whole magical theme. I guess I'm too cynical but I guess I'm just looking for a good cry with these types of shows. I want the feels and I didn't feel them until episode 9 onwards.

The ending to me was great but felt too...sudden. Maybe the movie helps with that! I wanted more
cool visuals with Ultimate Madoka.
That's another thing. I knew it was coming due to the figure.
The whole Devil Homura not showing up was odd too. I've seen the figure but I guess she's in the movie? Until episode 10 I thought her whole demeanor was due to that so that was a surprise.
I have no idea what that even is, just heard of the figure and had a slight glance at it. Looks like
Homura
I guess? Looks like a massive spoiler but I have no context so I don't really feel spoiled. Right now it's just a thing.

Looking back, I guess I was a bit cynical but I was also no too hot on the whole cute thing which is not my thing and even after things picked up it felt really slow. Madoka felt like Shinji with a frilly outfit, pink hair and crying all the time at first. I should have resonated with her...but didn't. I guess I'm too cynical. The end was great tho if a bit short and yeah episode 10 was the best one by far.

I don't regret watching it. I've been seeing Madoka around for a long ass time. I'd browse /a/ and see her big head everywhere but made a promise not to watch it. Of course I watched it now and it wasn't too bad. 2nd viewing will be better but I don't have time for that right now. I have a huge backlog for second viewings as it is never mind shows I still need to watch for the first time, but I'll give the movies a shot. I have that latest movie on Blu-ray. Sorry for the wall-o-text.

Wow you all have been busy lol that many pages??

Ok...so far the damage I can see for me

I NEED THAT RACING MIKU
SO MUCH KANCOLLE
Stormtrooper Nendo? Omg...why GSC WHY!
Kyouko nendo?!?
himeji !
Regular Outfit Satsuki...hope it's not a figma.
The Mini Panzer with the girls omg..

I am going to need a bigger wallet...and more shelves.

Giolon

Regular Outfit Satsuki...hope it's not a figma.

The "Senketsu Kisaragi" form Ryuuko was originally announced by GSC by a regular outfit artwork just like this Satsuki one. The outfit they end up using seemingly is not guaranteed by the announcement artwork.

chrono01

I'm going to need to put together a list for myself over all of the announcements. Quite a few items that I need to keep an eye on, but there's way too much KanColle. I can see why, given its popularity, but due to the sheer numbers of characters, I cannot see myself going outside of the Shimakaze I have pre-ordered. It would be way too expensive for me, although that Wo-Class from Max Factory is tempting...

No. I must stop myself.

kewlmyc

The "Senketsu Kisaragi" form Ryuuko was originally announced by GSC by a regular outfit artwork just like this Satsuki one. The outfit they end up using seemingly is not guaranteed by the announcement artwork.

I would have a heart attack it it was Senkesku Satsuki

chrono01

I would have a heart attack it it was Senkesku Satsuki
I was pretty set on cancelling Phat's Ryuko and going with GSC's school outfit version, but after seeing the one GSC went with...I'll probably be sticking with Phat's. She'll be cheaper, demand less space, and I honestly prefer the "standard" transformed Senketsu than this one. It's a bit too...super saiyan-ish for me, although I did enjoy it in the show.

As for that Juri bishoujo, I don't own a single bishoujo yet. No Chun Li, no Cammy, no anything. However, I am really...really tempted by Juri. She looks that amazing.

Can't get over how adorable that little Panzer is with the girls. Just got the bluray set in of the show so I am doing a rewatch. Can't wait to get that.

Wow you all have been busy lol that many pages??

Ok...so far the damage I can see for me

List? LIST!

Will Buy
Himeji Castle (Max Factory)
Ren (Max Factory)
Juri bishoujo (Kotobukiya)
Racing Miku 2014 (GSC)
Alisha (Alter)

Might Buy
Ryuko Matoi (GSC)
Satsuki Kiriyuin (GSC)
7th Dragon Samurai recolor (Max Factory)
Queen Muse (WING)
Diabolus Inclinatus (Embrace Japan)
Hoshijiro - Knights of Sidonia (Max Factory)

Overall, I'm satisfied. Made it out alive. And all these figures combined will probably cost less than the Guts + Griffith polystone statues. XD

chrono01

Well hell, she turned out amazing after all. Great companion piece to Daisy.

itnQnnuAgwe6u.jpg

javac

You know who's conspicuously missing figures?

Ragyo Kiryuin. Is everyone afraid to attempt to capture her glory?

A figure of disco milf herself is like a pig in human clothing. But seriously we hardly ever get figures of girls other than the cutesy ones. Hardly any Misato, no Ritsuko. What the heck is wrong with people. When I had money, I would have thrown money at the screen for a Haruko figure. Imagine her with her vespa? Fuck. Injustice this is. Scrap the 1 million asuka and rei figures and use the plastic for something more worthy!

Giolon

A figure of disco milf herself is like a pig in human clothing. But seriously we hardly ever get figures of girls other than the cutesy ones. Hardly any Misato, no Ritsuko. What the heck is wrong with people. When I had money, I would have thrown money at the screen for a Haruko figure. Imagine her with her vespa? Fuck. Injustice this is. Scrap the 1 million asuka and rei figures and use the plastic for something more worthy!

I would buy.

kewlmyc

Will buy:
Archer (Alter)
Archer (Nendoroid)
Mario (Nendoroid)
Rogue Titan (Sentinel)
Juri (Kotobukiya)
Adachi (Contribe)
Yukari (Vertex)
Lloyd (Alter)
Sorey (Kotobukiya)
Alisha (Alter)
Sorceress (Orchid Seed)

Maybe:
Asbel (Alter)
Magatsu Izanagi (Contribe)
Jack the Ripper (Phat)
Satsuki (GSC)
Chamber (GSC)

No longer interested:
Yui (Max Factory)
Ryuuko (GSC)

meijiko

I don't know where's she from [never read/seen the source material], but I really love this figure.

Origa from "Hyakki Yakou". 1/4 scale from FREEing.

I've always admired the 1/4 FREEing bunny figures, ever since I saw a set of Haruhi ones in person.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
H'ok back home. Shit photo time.

Summary:

Line went pretty quickly but I wasn't that far back anyway. You can choose to split into the more 'doujin' sculptor line or the 'mainstream' company line. Mainstream hall was so busy and every major booth has a line for you to buy stuff. Lines everywhere. Then there's a bunch of photo op stuff and figures on display and blah blah. Booths that have lewd figures have their own little rooms and you have to show ID to get in.

The other hall is fun too. Lots of small fg-site et al. people and everyone is really nice at their little tables. No lineups in that hall (except T's system) but everything 'popular' (s-mist, cerberus project, etc.) is sold out pretty quickly.

Pretty fun a+ would go again.

chrono01

Summary:

Line went pretty quickly but I wasn't that far back anyway. You can choose to split into the more 'doujin' sculptor line or the 'mainstream' company line. Mainstream hall was so busy and every major booth has a line for you to buy stuff. Lines everywhere. Then there's a bunch of photo op stuff and figures on display and blah blah. Booths that have lewd figures have their own little rooms and you have to show ID to get in.

The other hall is fun too. Lots of small fg-site et al. people and everyone is really nice at their little tables. No lineups in that hall (except T's system) but everything 'popular' (s-mist, cerberus project, etc.) is sold out pretty quickly.

Thanks for the pictures, some great stuff in there.

I hope you enjoyed yourself while you were there! I mean, how could you not? >_<

LostAnkh

Figma Lucina
Figma Yu
Figma Satsuki

I've never owned a Figma, what do you guys think of them?

Megahouse Iori Rinko - ALL MY HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGG
ARTFX Cardcaptor Sakura - Now if we can get a Clow Book release...
Brave ACT Hanji - The only character I like in the manga...

I can now say I'll be torturing my wallet.

meijiko

Welp, here's how I turned out.

Previously announced things that I already knew I was getting, now with updates:
Kotobukiya Roselinde
FREEing Senbonzakura Rin and Len
Max Factory DMMd Ren
Figma Lucina
Nendoroid Tomoyo

New announcements I'm DEFINITELY getting:
Kotobukiya CCS Sakura and Syaoran
Figma Sakura
Nendoroid Mario
Alter Rin

New announcements/showings I'm probably getting:
Shinji and Kaworu Sega prize figure (provided it's not super limited)
Nendoroid Snake
Nendoroid Batman
Nendoroid Senbonzakura Miku
Nendoroid Noiz
GSC Levi
GSC Eren

Figures I used to be interested in but not anymore:
GSC Mikuzukin (they didn't fix her face)
Vertex Shinji and Kaworu (want the prize figure instead)

&#12420;&#12400;&#12356;&#12290;&#12290;&#12290;I think I'm pretty much set for the entire next year.

*wakes up* Whoa. Figure overload.

Summary:

Nice writeup.

cajunator

Banned
Kokonoe-sama by FREEing:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So Card Captor Sakura fans?
You will accept your lord and saviour, Kotobukyia:
236143.jpg

Card Captor Sakura - Li Syaoran (Kotobukiya)
Card Captor Sakura - Kinomoto Sakura (Kotobukiya)

Hey new guy, Femto =P:
236154.jpg

Berserk - Griffith - Femto (Max Factory)

CCS!!!

The pace of announcement is crazy XD

SO MUCH HNNNG

tumblr_n9ciu61Qu21qzdctco1_400.jpg

some wallets are dieing now. Figmas are finally starting to really look good now. Edit: beaten

EDIT 2:

another for Cajun;
tumblr_n9cixs58nv1qzdctco1_400.jpg

SQUEEEEEEEE *hugs it

Izuna_Hatsuse.png

I want Izuna figures :(

I knowwwww

Koto continuing their Shining figure line. Another vortex I don't want to get sucked into.

Another Xiaomei? Well I could use a third one :D

girl with hat looks like a cutie

thanks for the pics and glad you had fun!

Itsuka from Zvezda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom