• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

I've just seen this...
CwL1IOf.jpg

omlet

Help? Now why would I prevent you from starting to collect the Samurai Girls? To do such a thing would be cruelty of the highest order. No, I must encourage...nay...plead that you do so with utmost haste.

Do not resist.

In all seriousness most of them that I've seen are either just too lewd or are still kinda in "not that interesting design" territory with their uniforms. This one, though, I need to see some more pics, but it looks like it's doing a lot of the Right Things (tm) to catch my eye. Pose and proportions are good, face looks good, non-lewd facing options, flowy scarf is nice, plus a cool weapon.

{I'm interested.}

javac

Where've you been? It's been all over the thread. Are you being pulled back in?

I'm hardly in this thread these days and have no care for Wonfes or whatever is going on since 99.99% of the stuff doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I'm in the process of selling most of my expensive stuff, like that Yoko, Momohime, Morrigan, Mai Shiranui etc but I always said I'll keep a few of my figures that I started off with like my Chogokin figures, Canti, Nono, Noriko, P&S and a few of my Eva Kotobukiya figures since they were a bit cheaper.

I still have a bunch of KLK pre-orders and I'm going to cancel a few of those including the Zelda Nendoroid, but I'm working hard with my budget and funds in order to take as little of a hit as possible with this set of orders but after that I'm out for a while. Its looking tough but doable. I'm assuming this figure will be released in the far future, so here's hoping my funds are better by then. If it's out in the next year I probably won't get it but that doesn't mean I can't look at it :p It doesn't look amazing, but I think with paint it'll pop.

chrono01

If only Griffon were capable of such improvement.
Some people are beyond help. :(

In all seriousness most of them that I've seen are either just too lewd or are still kinda in "not that interesting design" territory with their uniforms. This one, though, I need to see some more pics, but it looks like it's doing a lot of the Right Things (tm) to catch my eye. Pose and proportions are good, face looks good, non-lewd facing options, flowy scarf is nice, plus a cool weapon.

{I'm interested.}
She definitely check-marks all of those boxes. I really like the look of her face, especially her eyes. They're captivating.

Whatever starts your venture into Samurai Girls territory, I fully support it! I'm hoping pre-orders start up soon [since she's painted], but knowing Alter, she's still a nice ways off. You'll be happy to hear that she's a standard release, too. No need for proxies!

omlet

She definitely check-marks all of those boxes. I really like the look of her face, especially her eyes. They're captivating.

Whatever starts your venture into Samurai Girls territory, I fully support it! I'm hoping pre-orders start up soon [since she's painted], but knowing Alter, she's still a nice ways off. You'll be happy to hear that she's a standard release, too. No need for proxies!

Had that one been linked in here already? First time seeing it and I thought I saw most of the wonderfest stuff. Then again, I keep images turned off (for browsing via remote connection and/or mobile) so sometimes I miss things the first time they get linked, so keep me posted!

TnK

H'ok back home. Shit photo time.

Summary:

Line went pretty quickly but I wasn't that far back anyway. You can choose to split into the more 'doujin' sculptor line or the 'mainstream' company line. Mainstream hall was so busy and every major booth has a line for you to buy stuff. Lines everywhere. Then there's a bunch of photo op stuff and figures on display and blah blah. Booths that have lewd figures have their own little rooms and you have to show ID to get in.

The other hall is fun too. Lots of small fg-site et al. people and everyone is really nice at their little tables. No lineups in that hall (except T's system) but everything 'popular' (s-mist, cerberus project, etc.) is sold out pretty quickly.

Pretty fun a+ would go again.

I thought you hated all the animu from the stuff you write in the gaming section <____<

Got any more pics of that guts figure?

chrono01

Had that one been linked in here already? First time seeing it and I thought I saw most of the wonderfest stuff. Then again, I keep images turned off (for browsing via remote connection and/or mobile) so sometimes I miss things the first time they get linked, so keep me posted!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure she was posted earlier. Maybe not that exact picture, but one of them.

Unless I'm remembering something that wasn't there. Considering the amount of pictures posted, anything is possible.

Now that the dust has settled, I guess I'll list what interested me from WonFes:

Definitely want:
Archer
Asbel
SLAY
Noiz Nendo
Archer Nendo
Chrom

Leaning towards yes:
Ren
Lucina

Will wait and see:
Tsugumi Nendo
Rider Nendo
Senbonazkura Miku Nendo
Marika Nendo
CCS Syaoran
CCS Sakura

....Not that bad, might be troubling if I end up getting all those Nisekoi nendos...

Giolon

I'm hardly in this thread these days and have no care for Wonfes or whatever is going on since 99.99% of the stuff doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I'm in the process of selling most of my expensive stuff, like that Yoko, Momohime, Morrigan, Mai Shiranui etc but I always said I'll keep a few of my figures that I started off with like my Chogokin figures, Canti, Nono, Noriko, P&S and a few of my Eva Kotobukiya figures since they were a bit cheaper.

I still have a bunch of KLK pre-orders and I'm going to cancel a few of those including the Zelda Nendoroid, but I'm working hard with my budget and funds in order to take as little of a hit as possible with this set of orders but after that I'm out for a while. Its looking tough but doable. I'm assuming this figure will be released in the far future, so here's hoping my funds are better by then. If it's out in the next year I probably won't get it but that doesn't mean I can't look at it :p It doesn't look amazing, but I think with paint it'll pop.

Re-reading my post, it doesn't sound as lighthearted as I'd intended it to be. Sorry!

javac

Re-reading my post, it doesn't sound as lighthearted as I'd intended it to be. Sorry!

Oh, sorry about that!

In any case..I just found these two on /a/ in a KLK thread and don't know what the fauck they are but I'm crying. I need these. Please tell me these are real and not Garage Kits. Please for the love of all that is holy, don't do this to me. What are these? Are these old? GK? Fake/Photoshop? I fucking need these.

Looking at the base of Nonon makes them look like really small gashapon figs some something. Please say it's not true? They do look cheapy now that I look at them...:(

george_us

For better or worse, I'm into my KLK and always keep an eye on out for KLK shit and have orgasms when I see these...well apart from the RAH figures because LOL I'm poor. Fucking Kill la Kill man...I don't know why but I love it soo much even if the show isn't the best thing ever, it's my guilty pleasure and I love it. My sweet sweet Ryuko-chan.
You don't have to explain yourself, brother Javac. You're among friends
and fellow addicts.

Oh, sorry about that!

In any case..I just found these two on /a/ in a KLK thread and don't know what the fauck they are but I'm crying. I need these. Please tell me these are real and not Garage Kits. Please for the love of all that is holy, don't do this to me. What are these? Are these old? GK? Fake/Photoshop? I fucking need these.

Simple rule of thumb.... If you like it, it's probably a garage kit.

Yeah they were GK figures.
Amiami's English blog has photos of garage kits and thus far two parter for GSC's booth:

Warning the amount of images/photos may cause some script problems, it did for my laptop at least XD
Wonder Festival Summer 2014 Report Part 1: Bishoujo Garage Kits
Do you like this Javac ;P:
DSCF7773.jpg
Wonder Festival Summer 2014 Report Part 2: Good Smile Company Area Part 1
Wonder Festival Summer 2014 Report Part 3: Good Smile Company Area Part 2

GK warning XD:
DSCF7863.jpg
DSCF7897.jpg

OMG BoF2 love XD
DSCF7928.jpg
DSCF7929.jpg

DSCF8160.jpg
DSCF8173.jpg

DSCF8245.jpg
DSCF8314.jpg

javac

I thought it was figure paradise, but it was garage kit hell

As I scroll through the thread of the Figures of Gaf
I take a look at my wallet and realize there's nothin' left
Cause I've been posting and spending so long,
That even my mama thinks that my shelf is gone
But I ain't never crossed a Gaffer that didn't deserve it
Me be treated like a baka you know that's unheard of
You better watch how you're spending and where you're clicking
Or you and your senpai's might be lined in bills
I really hate to trip but I gotta Freeza
As they click, I see myself in the checkout screen, fool
I'm the kinda G the little gaffers wanna be like
On my laptop in the night saying prayers in my bank account

Been spending most their money, living in the Figure's paradise
Keep spending most our money, living in the Figure's paradise

Man Revolmini Solid Snake must not be very popular, haven't seen a single review and its been released for nearly a week now.

And just saw that Figma is doing one of Olga's troops from MGS2... Why? Do Olga herself you fools.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
After non-stop delay notifications from Amazon, who still lists this figure as coming out in the fall, I decided to pay a bit extra and just import Bishoujo Street Fighter Statue Cammy. Like Chun-Li, this figure is larger in size than the other Bishoujos. Only Ms. Marvel is about the same size.

The Box:

The Figure:

This one is noticeably better than Chun-Li. No face issues and the paint job changes depending on the material, so you get metallic for the gloves:

And yeah, there's an emphasis on a certain area of this figure. It's all over the box and the art. Bigger than any other one of these figures. I am, of course, talking about the beret.

Match-up.

And now on the shelf it goes.

Hey Lyte Edge, I'm waiting on Cammy to be delivered to me =P, knew it would turn out well.

Getting Wang Yuanji when the time comes and it turns out well?
lyrzpfw1406545814.jpeg

Also wanted to ask if you had a Wii U/getting Zelda Musou, would love hearing your impressions on it when it's out.

After non-stop delay notifications from Amazon, who still lists this figure as coming out in the fall, I decided to pay a bit extra and just import Bishoujo Street Fighter Statue Cammy. Like Chun-Li, this figure is larger in size than the other Bishoujos. Only Ms. Marvel is about the same size.

Man, Juri is making me really think about getting all of the SF gals. I'm going to get pink Chun Li for sure. I would buy Cammy, but I have a feeling she's going to end up getting a variant, too. And I'd prefer most any color to green.

Ryuuroden

lol

Ultimadrago

tumblr_mmjyok2g1r1sqtd4diz.gif

Amazing.

Well there's your problem. I tend to steer clear of figma and nendos.
Lol lucky,
with Figma what space and money you save just ends up going towards more Figma.

Kaga
Motoko Kusanagi
Motoko Kusanagi Arise ver
Zero Suit Samus
Link ALBW ver
Figma horse
The Fool
Shinobu
Lucina
Solid Snake
Olga's soldier
Amatsukaze