• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n9cpbfVqwE1rflt62o1_500.jpg

Huh this is a figure? Impressive if so, but guess it looks good only at certain angles.

236683.jpg

Wish they had these prebuilt/non garage kit =(

TBF this is a model kit rather than a normal GK, so if you had the skill you could make it:
https://www.volks.co.jp/page_ex.jsp?CONTROLID=SC0030&BUSINESSID=InitDisp&sp17=48
I'm tempted but know I'll probably mess up XD

My only skill is to throw money through the internet until neat things arrive at my house. :(

Knights of Sidonia

Oh it's Tsugumi XD

Man, I'm thinking of starting the Sidonia manga, but I just don't know....

chrono01

i think i caught the kancolle bug
I can feel the temptation pulling me in too. I wanted just a single figure of Shimakaze, but now with all of the ones unveiled at WonFes...

The character designs, they're just so unique. At the very least, I will be adding Max Factory's Wo-Class to my collection. There's no way I'm not buying her.

Oh, and Santa Satan ["Satan" = anagram of "Santa", very funny Hobby Japan] has been sculpted, and she's looking adorable.

Oh, it looked similar to something in the Immortal Rain manga so I was just wondering.

Thanks.
NP
My only skill is to throw money through the internet until neat things arrive at my house. :(

Man, I'm thinking of starting the Sidonia manga, but I just don't know....

=( consumerism is about throwing money about stuff for neat things =P, we were never given the chance to learn any crafts XD. Wished some sites with model kits sold prebuilt stuff =(

And for Knights of Sidonia there was an anime that came out and is also streamable on Netflix, heard good things about it despite being CG anime. So could try out there as well, manga's a good read albeit sometimes there's just so much on the pages XD

Here we go.

bwoqrWxl.jpg

Only HT figure I don't display in my cabinet. Finally was able to get make the room to display everything that came with this guy. Just waiting on the die cast XLII to finish it off.

Holy crap how big is that.

1/6 scale, but the base is obnoxiously huge. I'll post a pic with a 3 3/4 inch figure later tonight, but it takes up so much room I don't blame anyone who went with the Mechanic version instead.

Reads Hot Toys, sees Iron Man.

RIP your wallet =P
If you were collecting most of their Iron Man at least XD

Nah, I don't do all the armors. I was an Avengers completionist which was unbelievably fun yet expensive, and I'm doing the same with Guardians, but Iron Man, outside of the main armors for each film just don't appeal to me.

Wish HT would produce their Batman stuff at the rate they did their IM products.

And for Knights of Sidonia there was an anime that came out and is also streamable on Netflix, heard good things about it despite being CG anime. So could try out there as well, manga's a good read albeit sometimes there's just so much on the pages XD

I tend to prefer source material when it's something I'm really interested in. Plus I don't want to have to wait for season 2 if I like it.

Holy crap how big is that.

1/1

What you're looking at is a Robert Downey Jr. RealDoll.

XD

It's probably 1/6, if it's HT.

Einbroch

Banned
I will resist getting into the Seven Deadly Sins figures. I'll collect them all if I get into it, so I'm just gonna sit it out.

I will resist getting into the Seven Deadly Sins figures. I'll collect them all if I get into it, so I'm just gonna sit it out.

That's what I did. I was on the fence, but once they announced two additional figures for the Seven Deadly Sins line, it made the decision quite easy.

Yaari

Might be getting a package tomorrow, they adjusted the value. I wonder how many times that is going to work before I get into trouble for fraud or something.. lol. Screw the customs, I already had to pay 60$ 2 weeks ago, they earn enough on me already.

chrono01

After much procrastination, here is my WonFes 2014 list(s)!

I broke it into two different sections, one "Must Buy" [more-or-less, the items I will definitely be pre-ordering, unless they're ridiculously expensive or the final paint-job doesn't meet my expectations] and the other "Possible Buy" [depending on current releases and how the final product turns out].

Must Buy

Wo-Class [Max Factory]:

I'm loving the "rugged" nature of this one, and it just looks...menacing. Just an overall impressive figure, however I fear for the price. Whatever it is, it will not stop me.

Houzouin Inshun [Alter]:

As always, Alter does Nishii's character illustration justice. I'm sure this will be yet another vital component to the [growing] Samurai Girls line.

Gotou Matabei [Alter]:

See above.

She's not painted yet, but I'm sure she'll look amazing when she's completed. This is the "Master Samurai ver.", which is different than the previously released one. Given that I missed out on the original release, I'll be adding this one to my collection.

Tokugawa Sen - Sadistic Succubus ver. [Alter]:

What can I say? I'm a fan of Nishii and everything he does, and Alter just continues to deliver. While not of the "Seven Deadly Sins" line, she will fit in beautifully. Granted the sculpt is still super-early and still rough in a lot of areas [as you can see by the picture], but I have full confidence in Alter.

Satan - Santa Ver. [Amakuni]:

I know, I already posted a picture a little bit earlier, however I wanted to include it in my official "Must But" list regardless.

I thought I would be finished with Seven Deadly Sins after the final one in the now "Standard" line [Satan] was made available for pre-order. I was initially hesitant on the "Maou Mokushiroku" sub-line. I mean, I already have the Seven Deadly Sins, why would I need them in adorable costumes? And then I found out that I did. I blame Nishii's artwork.

Unfortunately, this will be yet another exclusive [since Amakuni products always tend to be], so hopefully she won't be too pricey.

Note - I'll also be buying Leviathan Swimsuit Ver., but unfortunately she was seemingly a no-show at WonFes [similar to a lot of Orchid Seed's figures. >_<].

Aludra [Alphamax]:

My weakness for witches continues. I was really hoping to see this one painted, since the colors in the original artwork work so well, but considering we only recently got the sculpt, it's not surprising.

But look at that dangling skull from her hat. Just look at it! Also, an additional skull perched prominently on the upper rim. Oh God. I need it.

Original Character [Native]:

So Native is doing a sculpt of one of my personal favorite pieces of Tony Taka artwork. I know, Tony Taka is incredibly popular these days, with many manufacturers [such as Alphamax and Kotobukiya] doing some great releases. However, this one is truly special to me. It's not overly "lewd", as most Tony Taka poses are, and has a style of elegance to it.

She'll be an exclusive, and likely on the expensive side by the looks of it, however I'm sure she will be worth every cent paid.

Hatsune Miku Racing 2014 [Good Smile Company]:

I thought I was done with Hatsune Miku Racing figures. I believe my last one was...in 2014, and while 2013 looked great, I ultimately passed. Not because of the final product, but because I felt my collection was over-saturated enough with Hatsune Miku figures already.

And then I saw this one.

Damn it, Good Smile Company.

Possible Buy

Himeji Castle [Max Factory]:

I was really excited for this one post-WonFes, and truthfully told, I still am. However, something about the painting is throwing me off. I don't know if it's the lack of shading, or if it's supposed to have that "pastel-color" to it.

Something, I'm not sure what, is preventing me from putting it into the "Must Buy" portion of my WonFes 2014 list. I haven't ruled her out completely, so it's entirely possible that she gets bumped up on priority as release gets closer and better pictures are released. As for now, though, she's simply a "maybe".

Demon Squeezer Inclinatus [Embrace Japan]:

Not only a type of witch, but of the demonic kind as well. That's two times the appeal!

I'm not too familiar with Embrace Japan, having not owned anything by them. I've seen a few of their releases, and I haven't read anything necessarily bad about them, so my hype/hope for this one is [as you might expect] high. I really love the pose/base for her and, as you might have noticed, there's a tiny frog [which seems to be one of Embrace Japan's trademarks] holding a fork. That's adorable.

This is on my "Possible Buy" list,despite me loving everything about it, mostly due to the lack of personal knowledge with the manufacturer. She looks amazing, though, and I'll definitely have a close eye on her.

Origa [FREEing]:

I still don't know who she is, only that she's supposedly from a Visual Novel. She'll be a 1/4 scale, so pretty expensive [both as a base-price and for shipping]. But just look at that face. SHE'S SO BEAUTIFUL! Therefore, I must own her [or, at least, I'll try to].

Oh, the character illustration is done by Toshihide Sano/G.J. That's another positive.

Annabel [Kotobukiya]:

Ah yes, the perfect companion piece to the already-released Daisy!

Many suspected this was coming, after the popularity of Daisy and the similarity between the two. While she would look great standing alongside Daisy, the similar-ness between the two is preventing me from placing her on my "Must Buy" list. However, when she's painted and colors bring her to life, I fully expect my want for it to increase dramatically.

Announced But No Prototype Yet

Nishikino Maki/Hoshizora Rin/Minami Kotori [Alter]
Kinomoto Sakura/Li Syaoran [Kotobukiya]
Sansei Muramasa - Bunny Ver. [Wing]
Ignis - Bunny ver. [Wing]

End

I think that's everything, I'm not too sure. A lot of the announced KanColle figures do interest me, as I mentioned earlier, but right now I'm focused on purchasing the Shimakaze I have pre-ordered and Max Factory's Wo-Class. I don't really want to commit to more than that right now, considering how numerous they are.

There was so much announced, it can be a bit difficult to organize my needs/wants at this moment in-time. I think this is mostly my list, though.

Giolon

I can feel the temptation pulling me in too. I wanted just a single figure of Shimakaze, but now with all of the ones unveiled at WonFes...

The character designs, they're just so unique. At the very least, I will be adding Max Factory's Wo-Class to my collection. There's no way I'm not buying her.

Oh, and Santa Satan ["Satan" = anagram of "Santa", very funny Hobby Japan] has been sculpted, and she's looking adorable.

Ok that's by far the best in the alternate line of Seven Sins figures.

chrono01

Oh man, that alt Satan is SANTA SATAN?!? I...I won't be able to resist this.
It's an oddly compelling combination.

She looks great, I agree.
Yeah, it's a great danger to your wallet. When I started, it was with Asmodeus, so I thought it would only be the standard seven sins and that would be it. Then they added an eighth/ninth, as well as costume variations. It has become dangerous indeed, especially if you're like me and like them all. ~_~

I don't regret it, though. However, if you're just now jumping in, and feel the need to own every one of them, that can be an impossible hurdle to get over. :(

That's what I did. I was on the fence, but once they announced two additional figures for the Seven Deadly Sins line, it made the decision quite easy.
You can kind of...mostly...ignore the eighth and ninth ones, though, and just stick with the standard seven. Well, that is if you have a shred of willpower [something I seem to solely lacking]. :/

It's similar to Samurai Girls. They keep adding in more girls, not to mention variations in their costumes. It can be a never-ending cycle, unless you commit early on to only collecting to a specific point and stopping. They keep selling, though, so I can't really blame Orchid Seed/Amakuni/Alter. I just wish the majority of them weren't exclusives, it would make it much easier [and cheaper] to obtain them all. >_<

Did they make some improvements to the Morrigan sculpt/painting, or am I imagining it? Her face seems a lot better. Not perfect, but she doesn't look sleepy or in pain. And it doesn't look like she has pancake butt anymore.

http://www.e-capcom.com/ec/srDispPr...ctLink/1/1/A10004765/10/10/srDispProductList/
Yeah, I posted a while back about updates being made to her. She definitely looks better now, at least to me, with her colors being more subdued and the tweak/alterations made to her face.

that racing miku is preeeeeetty good
Racing straight for your wallet.

Ok that's by far the best in the alternate line of Seven Sins figures.
So far, she's my favorite too.

Femto.

So not knowing what the Seven Deadly Sins figure line was and seeing it mentioned so many times I decided to look it up.

It didn't take long to catch my interest until I realized how much it would cost me to collect them all. (Original seven)
Asmodeus is going for 20k pre-owned and she's broken.

I'll admit that the Lucifer recolor that comes out in Dec looks pretty sweet. I think it would be wise for me to stay away.

Racing straight for your wallet.

The 7th Dragon Miku is the only Miku figure I own. I'll probably buy 2014 Racing Miku, but she's not at the tip-top of my list. My top three are Himeji Castle, Ren (Max Factory) and bishoujo Juri.

I'm pretty relieved that the Berserk statues from Max Factory are polystone and going to cost a bazillion dollars each. I was assuming they'd be PVC and $250 per statue. Even at that price, I would have been unable to resist. Now what I save there is more than enough to buy the other things from the show I liked.

So not knowing what the Seven Deadly Sins figure line was and seeing it mentioned so many times I decided to look it up.

It didn't take long to catch my interest until I realized how much it would cost me to collect them all. (Original seven)

I'll admit that the Lucifer recolor that comes out in Dec looks pretty sweet. I think it would be wise for me to stay away.

get the alt on amiami thats up for PO for like 10k

The only expensive one so far is leviathan but you can get the alt for cheaper.

Mammon might be high too but shes not release yet

chrono01

Yeah, the original Asmodeous is definitely the most expensive of them to collect [the standard Leviathan, being second], probably because it was the first in the line and many didn't expect it to become as big as it did [similar to Samurai from 7th Dragon 2020, I'd imagine].

But yes, just starting out [and if you're interested in getting ALL of the original colors] would be a massive financial venture. The Orchid Seed re-color of Asmodeus [http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...en+Deadly+Sins$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1] isn't that bad, though. It's certainly better than the Leviathan re-color from Amakuni. ~_~

The 7th Dragon Miku is the only Miku figure I own. I'll probably buy 2014 Racing Miku, but she's not at the tip-top of my list. My top three are Himeji Castle, Ren (Max Factory) and bishoujo Juri.

I'm pretty relieved that the Berserk statues from Max Factory are polystone and going to cost a bazillion dollars each. I was assuming they'd be PVC and $250 per statue. Even at that price, I would have been unable to resist. Now what I save there is more than enough to buy the other things from the show I liked.
Wow, only one Hatsune Miku figure? I wish I could resist them as easily. If you're going to push past one, though, Racing 2014 is definitely a great one to go with.

As for the Berserk statues, you're right in saying those will be expensive. The fact that they're polystone, which by-default is costly [and brittle to ship], in addition to the size of them, definitely makes it easier for the undecided to say "...Nah, I'm good". As you said, though, it opens the doors to other potential pre-orders, at least. I feel bad for the hardcore fans, though. They finally get scaled figures and it turns out that they're polystone.

Ken

I have like...two Mikus (Max Factory's Tony Taka IIRC and a Nendoroid. I want that tanned racing miku and the one posted on this page though!

meijiko

Damn, I forgot about her when I was making my list. She'll likely go easily into my witch collection, and may be a suitable replacement for the sorceress I can't have. Do you happen to have the original art handy somewhere? I can kinda see it from the photo, but not enough to get the full idea.

chrono01

Damn, I forgot about her when I was making my list. She'll likely go easily into my witch collection, and may be a suitable replacement for the sorceress I can't have. Do you happen to have the original art handy somewhere? I can kinda see it from the photo, but not enough to get the full idea.
Sure, I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Here you go!

Femto.

get the alt on amiami thats up for PO for like 10k

The only expensive one so far is leviathan but you can get the alt for cheaper.

Mammon might be high too but shes not release yet

Yeah, the original Asmodeous is definitely the most expensive of them to collect [the standard Leviathan, being second], probably because it was the first in the line and many didn't expect it to become as big as it did [similar to Samurai from 7th Dragon 2020, I'd imagine].

But yes, just starting out [and if you're interested in getting ALL of the original colors] would be a massive financial venture. The Orchid Seed re-color of Asmodeus [http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...en+Deadly+Sins$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1] isn't that bad, though. It's certainly better than the Leviathan re-color from Amakuni. ~_~

I saw the recolor that is up for pre-order on Amiami but I much prefer the original colors for her, not to mention that I'm already capped on orders for September as it already is. Out of all the recolors I think the most recent Lucifer one is the best, Leviathan's is obviously the worst.

As for the Berserk statues, you're right in saying those will be expensive. The fact that they're polystone, which by-default is costly [and brittle to ship], in addition to the size of them, definitely makes it easier for the undecided to say "...Nah, I'm good". As you said, though, it opens the doors to other potential pre-orders, at least. I feel bad for the hardcore fans, though. They finally get scaled figures and it turns out that they're polystone.

I'm going through the seven stages of grief over this...

Giolon

That damage is super common. It's happened to each of the copies of Asmodeus I've had. It's b/c the cloak is so hard to remove. Fortunately, when she's assembled, it's almost completely unnoticeable since her shoulder, breast, and head put pressure on opposite sides of it.

omlet

Houzouin Inshun [Alter]:

As always, Alter does Nishii's character illustration justice. I'm sure this will be yet another vital component to the [growing] Samurai Girls line.
v6g6RNE.jpg
Oh my.

I don't have any samurai girls figures but...

...that might have to change...

...halp

chrono01

Very nice list write-up, chrono! Hope to see fig pics from you in the future when you get them!
It would be my pleasure. :)

Oh my.

I don't have any samurai girls figures but...

...that might have to change...

...halp
Help? Now why would I prevent you from starting to collect the Samurai Girls? To do such a thing would be cruelty of the highest order. No, I must encourage...nay...plead that you do so with utmost haste.

Do not resist.

Ahhh she's gorgeous! Thanks for posting. If she's not too hard to get I'll definitely add her to my collection.
You're very welcome! :)

Yes, she does look great. I'm relieved to see Alphamax as the manufacturer too. They've really improved over the last year or so, so I'm pretty confident in them putting out a great product.

Let us hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom