• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely LOVE that Psylocke. But it's just another line of figures I don't want to get into.

Bishoujos are the figures that get most people into collecting in the first place. Man do I regret that decision. XD

I'm just kidding. What I regret is not being super-picky about my figure purchases from the get-go, but it's hard to really discern your preferences when you're just picking up a hobby. Live and learn (and let the credit card companies reap the profits), I guess.

Einbroch

Banned
Bishoujos are the figures that get most people into collecting in the first place. Man do I regret that decision. XD

I'm just kidding. What I regret is not being super-picky about my figure purchases from the get-go, but it's hard to really discern your preferences when you're just picking up a hobby. Live and learn (and let the credit card companies reap the profits), I guess.

Same. I have a few Nendos I don't really care for (well, only one or two), but luckily I spent less than 2k on them.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Easy cure for figurine addicts is to get into unpopular shows that'll never get figurines. May I suggest Mitsudomoe.
;___;

Femto.

Very nice. I can't decide whether I like the standard or metallic Spider-Woman better. I would have to have both in front of me to decide. I'm happy with the one I have, though. Definitely can't wait to get my SDCC Psylocke from Koto. I liked the X-Force version a lot, but the color scheme does seem muted when she sits next to other Marvel bishoujos. The blue costume and purple hair are going to be great. And I love that effect piece.... how easily does it attach?

It's easy, the piece is flexible so it shouldn't break. All you really have to do is start wrapping it around her arm and then continue up onto her blade until you get the small "hook" shape at the end of the effect locked onto the blade.

I'm definitely glad that I opted for this version, for both characters that is :)

Bombless

What happens then? I've asked for them to down value my next 3 packages, if one were to get caught, I suspect it will be held, but what follows, do I still get my item at all?

I got sent a letter telling me that I had a blocked package. I had to send them the bill for the items contained as well as a description of the items BY POST (emails aren't accepted). It took another 10 days before my package was liberated from Customs. That was for just 2 figmas btw.

All in all it took 3 extra weeks to get my items. I'd rather pay the god damned tax.

Yaari

I got sent a letter telling me that I had a blocked package. I had to send them the bill for the items contained as well as a description of the items BY POST (emails aren't accepted). It took another 10 days before my package was liberated from Customs. That was for just 2 figmas btw.

All in all it took 3 extra weeks to get my items. I'd rather pay the god damned tax.

Ah I see. Yeah I am from the Netherlands. As long as something is above the allowed limit, they will tax me for it. No exceptions.

I just had my first package get through because of it being undervalued and it felt pretty good. Had to pay 46EUR 2 weeks prior to that for some other stuff, so I feel like I've did my share.

Going to keep trying this for a little while, I will definitely get caught eventually but considering some of these shops do the undervalue without even asking, I am not too worried about it.

chrono01

Happy [belated] Birthday, GuardianE!

I'm really not looking forward to receive my Snow Miku [+Armin Figma]. I mean, I should be, but those UPS brokerage charges...

I'm using a proxy next time [maybe BIJ] and avoiding GSC's Online Store if they continue to do this. Early charging for the shipment, late shipping them out, and doing so via UPS [hence extra charges] and not EMS. ~_~

so could anybody give me input on this.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ist?s_cate3=193$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

Its an artbook that comes with a BD OVA. It says this

[Set Contents]
-Main book
[Bonus]
-Completely new OVA Hyakka Ryoran Samurai After ep.1 "Samurai Sosenkyo" (BD, approx. 30min)
Details
BD includes Nisi's 2nd artwork collection book!
Approx. 50 illustrations recorded artwork collection book with original cover illustration.

Does that mean the BD has a separate 50 illustrations or is that the content of the main artbook. The artbook is hardcovered so, I'm leaning towards a no and that the 50 illustrations are separate but I wanted your guys opinion.

Einbroch

Banned
Ran out of space, and I have five figures in transit to me right now. Had to go to Goodwill and buy a shelving unit. $10!

beVHktw.png

chrono01

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ist?s_cate3=193$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

Does that mean the BD has a separate 50 illustrations or is that the content of the main artbook. The artbook is hardcovered so, I'm leaning towards a no and that the 50 illustrations are separate but I wanted your guys opinion.
Yeah, from the listing it sounds as though this is Nishii's second artbook with a bundled BD special included [or perhaps the other way around?].

So yes, the book itself should have the new illustrations. I can't imagine it being much fun to browse those on a Blu-ray player. >_<

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Anyone know when the Guardians of the galaxy FUNKOS are due for release in the UK? Had my star-lord preordered for months from forbidden planet but still no update

Reading it seems to be saying that's what in the art book, I have some Japanese art books that has like 200 or so pages and they were softcovered. Seems more likely they'll do hard cover for fewer pages and hard covered books are more likely for a book that comes with a DVD/BD.

Yeah, from the listing it sounds as though this is Nishii's second artbook with a bundled BD special included [or perhaps the other way around?].

So yes, the book itself should have the new illustrations. I can't imagine it being much fun to browse those on a Blu-ray player. >_<

Reading it seems to be saying that's what in the art book, I have some Japanese art books that has like 200 or so pages and they were softcovered. Seems more likely they'll do hard cover for fewer pages and hard covered books are more likely for a book that comes with a DVD/BD.

gah mixed message.

I just don't want to pay 70 bucks for 50~ page artbook. The first volume was like 250 pages and hardcover. I'll ask amiami but I think i'll get the typical (i don't know) message.

chrono01

gah mixed message.

I just don't want to pay 70 bucks for 50~ page artbook. The first volume was like 250 pages and hardcover. I'll ask amiami but I think i'll get the typical (i don't know) message.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it was a full-fledged artbook.

If I had to guess, it's a 50-page artbook [with new illustrations] that comes with a bundled OVA. So, while it's technically an "artbook", I doubt it will be as in-depth as the one currently released.

Personally, I'm waiting. I don't have any interest in the OVA [since it won't be subtitled], so I might as well wait for the full release of the entire artbook [if it ever gets ones].

Lashley

Two questions

1. Are hot toys worth it?

2. Good place for floating shelves/frames in the UK?

gah mixed message.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10286442
From the broken machine translation. Seeing as it's a two volume artbook I think this one more than likely has a higher price due to the OVA and thus lower page amount as well, so more than likely part 2 will have more pages.
Two questions

1. Are hot toys worth it?

2. Good place for floating shelves/frames in the UK?
Hot Toys from what can be seen by photos etc are really worth it if you really want a high quality posable figure. For your other question, IKEA maybe?

meijiko

So many good things in the mail today. Got my 3rd Snow Miku Nendoroid (may sell this, idk), Levi figma, Dragon's Crown Elf, Senbonzakura Miku, my limited KyoAni shop Free! sketches, and my CCS blu rays. No pics since I can't use my computer atm, but I'm a pretty happy camper.

Yaari

Yeah Hot Toys look amazing. As to whether they are worth it, it fully depends on how much money you want to put into it.

I've amazed at the things they put out but it is a whole different level of money you need to put into it for.

Does anyone actually collect Anime figures aswell at Hot Toys stuff? Or are we entirely divided.

chrono01

So many good things in the mail today. Got my 3rd Snow Miku Nendoroid (may sell this, idk), Levi figma, Dragon's Crown Elf, Senbonzakura Miku, my limited KyoAni shop Free! sketches, and my CCS blu rays. No pics since I can't use my computer atm, but I'm a pretty happy camper.
Haha, I love it when a bunch of shipments arrive in a single day. It feels like Christmas! I'm sure my mailperson hates it, though. :/

I have my Snow Miku/Armin Figma, AmiAmi order, and Card Captor Sakura Blu-ray Collection incoming, and should receive them all this week. They're all from separate carriers, though [UPS, Canada Post, and FedEx respectively], so my mailperson shouldn't give me a nasty glare. Maybe.

Think there's plenty of people here that has Hot Toys and buy other figures,
the poor and rich barrier will be discernible from the posts of people who buy Hot Toys often XD or those who manage their spending better than others =P

Lashley

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10286442
From the broken machine translation. Seeing as it's a two volume artbook I think this one more than likely has a higher price due to the OVA and thus lower page amount as well, so more than likely part 2 will have more pages.

Hot Toys from what can be seen by photos etc are really worth it if you really want a high quality posable figure. For your other question, IKEA maybe?

Good call, thanks!

Anyone know when the Guardians of the galaxy FUNKOS are due for release in the UK? Had my star-lord preordered for months from forbidden planet but still no update

What was the date listed when you ordered? Generally, imported items take a month from the date of original release in the country of origin to when they'll show up at domestic retailers in your home country.

RocBase

I don't know how you guys put up with that shit.

i can tell you that i don't lmao. i try to use sites that undervalue as much as possible and do get away with it more often than not, but every once and then im still hit with the stupid bill and i just feel like cooking up a bonfire through my rage alone

but while on the topic of customs, i realize my question for the canadians of the thread probably got buried so here's me posting it again:

i have a question for any figuregaf canadians: you guys have to deal with customs right? what are the spending limits and if possible, is there a way to avoid them by going with SAL? for example i was told that, in the uk, SAL packages generally flow under the radar despite the declared amount

javac

Hmmm. I might be interested in that Stocking. Ive wanted the Alter one.

Well if you are ever interested just let me know. I'm happy to drop the price and make it as cheap as possible so don't hesitate to let me know if you're interested. I'm always a PM away :)

setup some billys and dioders. Figures aren't really set but just trying to get an idea.

Might be selling a bit of figures for cheaper that aftermarket price.

whijUqV.jpg

SNki8Ar.jpg

shitty cam phone

Did you buy glass doors or are they just open? I can't fault you if you didn't, those doors are expensive as balls.

I dusted out my detolfs today. I'll get to the billy later this week, although it's not at all bad as far as dust buildup goes. Though I do want to rearrange some figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom